Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Warranty claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dabble in IT myself for our business - and all our servers take less than 60 seconds to reboot - what kind of servers does Parrot use then??

They really are fobing you off, and what uter poor customer service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev
I dabbe in IT myself for our business - and all our servers take less than 60 seconds to reboot - what kind of servers does Parrot use then??

They really are fobing you off, and what uter poor customer service.
Something for EVERYONE to look forward to

There support is much worse then in the Bebop2 days . I have had the same expierence on my last two failures . They did finally replace the last one (on number 5 now) with a rebuild from Canada which is on its 150th flight. I have found it is easier to buy another if you want to fly and wait after 30days I break the damaged one down for parts and Ebay it off usually I get 300-400 for parts .

This is what is keeping me from buying a Anafi Thermal since I sold my BB2 Thermal a month ago. They have a great integrated solution however the spoty support is a real problem I hate to pay 3K for brand D however that look like my direction.

I realy like Parrot software integration far better then my Inspire or Mavic 2 however, you need to respond to customer support quickly. I do not understand why they do not have a exchange policy I would glady pay 15%-20% for that convience.

Bad business model. Drones break all the time.

Spoke with Joe today.My case has been escalated(2 weeks ago), but " to be quite frank with you,the software required to look at the data you submitted is still down.We expected it to be functional last week,but it is not available yet"
I have asked to talk to his manager,once again...

Also left a message for the local Bestbuy manager(on his office phone)explaining I am coming to the end of my patience and is there ANYTHING he can do?
At this point,if I can return it as warranty,I will ask that the total be refunded,and I will upgrade to a Mavic Pro2,as Calgary has a DJI repair depot.A freind dealt with them in the past and raved about their customer service.

Last edited:
Looks like there is a Mavic 2 Pro in my immediate future.If there is anyone who has experience with both the Anafi and 2 Pro,would you private message me with your thoughts?This way the forum can remain true to Anafi.
Thank you!

Spoke with a "representative "today to verify they received a U.S.Address to ship the replacement to upon determing it is a warranty incident.
I also enquired as to whether there was a note for a supervisor to call me,as 24 hours had lapsed and still no call.I was assured that a supervisor will call today,and if not today,then tomorrow. I was also told that the software server used to determine what caused the Anafi to crash was also not up and running yet,but the representative explained that it could be any time now .They were just waiting to re-boot the server.I wonder, is the server produced by Parrot,and they have no way to determine why it went down until the server with the software used to determine the cause of the software error is re-booted?
Sounds like the snake is eating it's own tail.

Just spoke with Haddy (represntative)at Parrot.Apologised that no supervisor has called yet but he can see the "Technical Team" is working on my file as we speak.I asked if the diagnostic software is running now and was told they are "running at 100% capacity".
I "should receive an answer within the hour concerning your warranty claim...."

Weird. I crashed mine 3 days after you did, Thanev. Airplane mode on, at least 1/2 mile from any home, clear sky, less than 200 ft up. The wifi message came up with the assurance that it would automatically return home if contact was lost. Not trusting that, I hit RTH immediately. Cracked the left front arm, but also something on the main board, since wifi will no longer connect. No flight mp4 on the sdram, no .json file generated, no trace of any crash at all.

I called Parrot within a few days, and somehow, got to talk to a guy who, after generating a case # for me, referred me to contact Drone Nerds in Florida. I sent it to them, not knowing what to expect. They confirmed the cracked arm and faulty main board, but said they could not order replacement parts from Parrot. I thought I was dead in the water at that point. Not to mention the $130 I was out for shipping and evaluation by Drone Nerds. They said the only help they could give was a 10% discount on a new drone ($629 !! )

I called Parrot again 2 days ago and the guy I talked to this time was shocked that I'd not even been asked about my original purchase date (April 15 of this year), and told me it was still under warranty. He sent me the claim form, which I completed and returned together with photos and a video of the last few seconds of life of the drone just before the crash. I also sent the email I'd received from Drone Nerds, so they knew I was out the evaluation and shipping money to Drone Nerds, but having stayed on top of what you've been going through, I figured I was out of luck.

Today, I get a RMA and return shipping label from them !!! HUH? Really? WOW...

What they did not tell me was whether they want my controller and the original battery back with the drone. I guess I'll call them back Monday to see what they say about that.

Then, I guess it will just be a waiting game. Oh well, the rains are setting in around here, so no rush.

Hope you get yours fixed or replaced soon.

Dan

My luck sucks.But I AM relentless.And I also think I will not be getting a response today.Parrot seems to run a "lie 'till the customer stops asking" mentality
But hey! Hopefully you get a replacement!

Well,the hour came and went.No email.No phone call.No surprise.
Called support this morning and the representative said the approval for warranty is "pending"(?)and I should get an email with a RMA # along with what they need back.Upon receiving the Anafi,they will verify the damage and send a replacement to my U.S.address.Hope their "technical team" is still operating at that time.
Of course getting it to them will be at my cost.
Any bets as to my getting an email as mentioned?

Reactions: BryceSteiner
They are just betting that you will give up in disgust. What a great business strategy. :mad:
Don't give up! Two, four, six, eight.....We just want (you) to escalate! ;)

Just received an email from Parrot U.S. stating they will send an automated reply carrying an RMA with instructions to follow.

Is that light at the end of the tunnel?

Sounds like it. They do this just before shipping it out. Hopefully your adventure will be coming to a end.
Good luck

Was just notified that I should receive the RMA and additional info by close of business today.When I asked about returning the battery(they want everything back),I was told to keep the battery to avoid any problems with customs...

It ain't over 'til the Fat Woman sings......but I think this story will have a happy ending! It has been sort of a morality play for all of us:
Don't give up......Don't EVER give up......NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

Apologies to Oliver Hazard Perry and Winston Churchill. Your tribulations aren't quite as important as the Battle of Britain, but the moral is the same. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@alex