Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Warranty claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are "going out 5 miles" you are flying in violation of VLOS rules/laws of the FAA. I'm jussayin....

Jet, No one is saying that we are going out 5 miles. This is merely an argument about the tech/capabilities of the leading competitors in this same space. Citing Anafi's inferior wifi tech versus the industry leaders.

From signal viability and range, longer range will provide more signal stability and less chance of a loss of the signal event, or your hundred dollar investment flying away, or crashing due to signal loss, even in the line of sight. Especially when Parrot themselves state that we should not pilot our drones in "Urban environments"

A great portion of the contiguous United States are considered "Urban Environments" and this lose terminology and definition is enough for Parrot to void your claim for a warranty replacement if you lose your drone due to their flawed design using inferior tech. I'm just saying....

Spoke to Joe at Parrot customer service (?)today and mentioned the USPS package containing my damaged Anafi had been dropped off at their front desk this morning and was signed for,and also had him verify the name and shipping address to send the replacement.
Leave NOTHING to chance with Parrot...

This is like "War and Peace" part 3 :) Glad it looks like you finally have it sorted, good on you for sticking in there....... Many others would have just thrown there arms up in despair........ me included

LOL
Still need to receive the replacement.
Pi _ _es me off they treat customers this way.But they lose in the long run.
Oh, how they lose.

Its not just Parrot ...... DJI are exactly the same, if not worse in some elements

Reactions: Jet
Having a highly rated service center 2 hours away and having spoke numerous times to the staff concerning my new Mavic Pro2, I welcome the change.

Interesting to see what I get for the Anafi with 3 extra batteries and a Freewill ND/PL set

Jet, No one is saying that we are going out 5 miles. This is merely an argument about the tech/capabilities of the leading competitors in this same space. Citing Anafi's inferior wifi tech versus the industry leaders.

From signal viability and range, longer range will provide more signal stability and less chance of a loss of the signal event, or your hundred dollar investment flying away, or crashing due to signal loss, even in the line of sight. Especially when Parrot themselves state that we should not pilot our drones in "Urban environments"

A great portion of the contiguous United States are considered "Urban Environments" and this lose terminology and definition is enough for Parrot to void your claim for a warranty replacement if you lose your drone due to their flawed design using inferior tech. I'm just saying....
Thanks for clarifying but you said and I quote.....from your original post: " You won’t be able to go out 5 plus miles out like you would a Magic Pro".

Before you pass judgement on the Skydio R2 maybe you should wait and see what it can do....Who knows maybe the controller shell is the same as the Parrot Anafi but maybe they tweaked the signal in some way.
I'm jussayin...

Lucky you being so close....... massive plus if you are near a service centre, and thats a win win for you guys in Canada, given that Parrot seem to have something against you.

Trying to deal with DJI via phone and email, gives the same frustrations you had with Parrot. So far I have resisted upgrading my MP to the MP2, partly due to the fact that I have everything unlocked ;-)

Reactions: Jet
@Thanev Despite all your trials and tribulations with Parrot Support I wonder how things would have ended if this had been a DJI claim and you hadn't paid for their replacement warranty? Hmmm?

I've not heard good things about DJI support or them honoring what seemed to be valid warranty claims...Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side and sometimes it just seems greener ...but hopefully you won't need their support or warranty claims.

The DJI M2P is a great drone but then again it better be much much much better than the Anafi given that it cost 3X the price.

At this point with MY experience with Parrot I am willing to look to DJI.And a NEW Mavic pro2
for $1000 CAD...heck ya!
Once burned...not a second chance.

Anyway, spoke with Haddi(?) at Parrot U.S. today.
They have my crashed Anafi and their shipping team is packaging a replacement(?).It may not ship this week , but it should next week.I fully understand why it takes them so long to ship.With their "high call volumes" and such.

Wow....Must have been one heck of a BestBuy sale since it's currently listed for $2029.99 CAD right now.

Well that is a great deal...that must be their costs. In the US a M2P will cost you $1,863.00 (incl taxes).

I have not had any issues with DJI support. I've sent my drone in 3 or 4 times and it's never been any hassle at all. I fill out the request online, they send a label. 2 weeks later I get the drone back.
Parrot will not exist the way they treated me and many others--Good riddance.

Reactions: Thanev
I have not had any issues with DJI support. I've sent my drone in 3 or 4 times and it's never been any hassle at all. I fill out the request online, they send a label. 2 weeks later I get the drone back.
Parrot will not exist the way they treated me and many others--Good riddance.
Just curious....Were those warranty claims? And did they end up giving you a brand new drone?

Two were warranty claims and one was a Care Refresh. The care refresh was brand new. This is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

Two were warranty claims and one was a Care Refresh. The care refresh was brand new. This is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
Oh wow....two failures in one year...I guess even DJI isn't perfect. :) Nice that they took care of you though...but I think at M2P prices they probably have more profit margin to work with than the Parrot does.
Do you own an Anafi?

The Mavic 2 Pro has been good. The main issues I had were a propeller broke during flight, and another had a MCU compass error during a flight and caused it to speed up to 85MPH until it shut off and crashed into a field.

I've had 3 Anafi Thermals and all of them have had malfunctions out of the box.

The first wouldn't write reliably to any card. Flew fine.
The second just gave an error on the screen and said I need to send it to support.
The third the gimbal constantly would shake vertically. Flys just fine but video and pics are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh