Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Warranty claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re M2P Wow...Scary...85MPH...lucky it didn't hit anyone. Re: Anafi....That's unfortunate...were these new or used/refurbished? The Anafi is picky about SD cards but when I followed the instructions provided in this forum on how to format an SD card it worked like a charm.

I've had zero problems with my Anafi thus far....knock on wood (~190 flights). I've interacted with Parrot support on several occasions simply to get clarification on features/operation questions...And the phone support has been outstanding...very helpful, very knowledgeable, and great follow-up. But then again my interaction wasn't for a warranty claim. Email support was not so great...so I just called their support number and questions were quickly and efficiently answered.

That's just my experience.

BTW, if you look at DJI forums you will find some horror stories and claim denial stories also. I personally have no experience with DJI support...I bought a Mavic Air at the same time that I purchased the Anafi and I did an Anafi vs Mavic Air "fly-off" and the Anafi won hands down so I returned the Mavic Air to the retailer before day 30.

BTW on the second drone...it told you to return it to Parrot?
Cheers

Reactions: Ratmir
Jet.I calculate my Anafi was doing at least 85 km/hr when it fell from the sky.I,too,am "lucky it didn't hit anyone"
Sorry you seem to disagree with the reality of someone getting seriously bad customer service from Parrot, Jet, but it does happen.With the volume of DJI drones out there,I would be surprised to hear there were no "horror" stories on any of their service issues.
This thread was started to document MY experience,good or bad.At this point many,except for you it seems, would say bad.
You need to remember 2 things.
1) My experience with Parrot is not over until/if I get a replacement which may or may not work.I will NOT take the chance of flying it,because that could lead to another ridiculous experience with so-called warranty. Too many people of multiple purchases/replacements not working properly.Heck,Parrot should be commended on telling me to THOROUGHLY test the replacement before I ask them to close the file.That,alone,gave my Parrot brand confidence a boost.
2) The Mavic Pro 2 has the feature-set I want and I will deal with their warranty when or if it is needed.And from what I learned with the Parrot fiasco, the optional Care Refresh will rate highly.
Just an idea.Why not start a " The reasons I like the Anafi thread", as I am sure they have lots of satisfied flyers as well.I was until it shut down and fell to the ground.
I'll update this post again with my experience Friday as a follow-up call on the progress of my replacement will undoubtably be needed.
Cheers everyone !

Last edited:
Re M2P Wow...Scary...85MPH...lucky it didn't hit anyone. Re: Anafi....That's unfortunate...were these new or used/refurbished? The Anafi is picky about SD cards but when I followed the instructions provided in this forum on how to format an SD card it worked like a charm.

I've had zero problems with my Anafi thus far....knock on wood (~190 flights). I've interacted with Parrot support on several occasions simply to get clarification on features/operation questions...And the phone support has been outstanding...very helpful, very knowledgeable, and great follow-up. But then again my interaction wasn't for a warranty claim. Email support was not so great...so I just called their support number and questions were quickly and efficiently answered.

That's just my experience.

BTW, if you look at DJI forums you will find some horror stories and claim denial stories also. I personally have no experience with DJI support...I bought a Mavic Air at the same time that I purchased the Anafi and I did an Anafi vs Mavic Air "fly-off" and the Anafi won hands down so I returned the Mavic Air to the retailer before day 30.

BTW on the second drone...it told you to return it to Parrot?
Cheers
Two of them were brand new.
I tried multiple SD cards but even the one included would report SD card not formatted. it would be fine for a little bit but after about 24 hours it would do it again.

I know how fast the speed was because it was on the log that's updated every 1/10 of a second.

Jet.I calculate my Anafi was doing at least 85 km/hr when it fell from the sky.I,too,am "lucky it didn't hit anyone"
Sorry you seem to disagree with the reality of someone getting seriously bad customer service from Parrot, Jet, but it does happen.With the volume of DJI drones out there,I would be surprised to hear there were no "horror" stories on any of their service issues.
This thread was started to document MY experience,good or bad.At this point many,except for you it seems, would say bad.
You need to remember 2 things.
1) My experience with Parrot is not over until/if I get a replacement which may or may not work.I will NOT take the chance of flying it,because that could lead to another ridiculous experience with so-called warranty. Too many people of multiple purchases/replacements not working properly.Heck,Parrot should be commended on telling me to THOROUGHLY test the replacement before I ask them to close the file.That,alone,gave my Parrot brand confidence a boost.
2) The Mavic Pro 2 has the feature-set I want and I will deal with their warranty when or if it is needed.And from what I learned with the Parrot fiasco, the optional Care Refresh will rate highly.
Just an idea.Why not start a " The reasons I like the Anafi thread", as I am sure they have lots of satisfied flyers as well.I was until it shut down and fell to the ground.
I'll update this post again with my experience Friday as a follow-up call on the progress of my replacement will undoubtably be needed.
Cheers
I don't doubt that people (including yourself) have had bad experiences with Parrot support nor did I say that anywhere...I just simply stated:

1) That my experience with Parrot Support has been excellent thus far;
2) That every drone manufacturer will have support horror stories including DJI;

As far as I know I'm allowed to comment on any thread in this forum....Is this thread exclusively for YOU and only for those who want to share their Parrot Support horror stories; no alternative experiences can be expressed? I say this because you suggested that I should just start my own thread (and by that implied that my comments to this thread were not welcome).

If you take any of my comments to mean that I'm doubting that you've had a bad experience (and I quote: "you seem to disagree with the reality of someone getting seriously bad customer service from Parrot") or that Parrot doesn't have it's issues then you're wrong and you're being defensive. Every company has it's support horror stories..that's my point. Sorry you've had such a horrible experience.

Cheers

Two of them were brand new.
I tried multiple SD cards but even the one included would report SD card not formatted. it would be fine for a little bit but after about 24 hours it would do it again.

I know how fast the speed was because it was on the log that's updated every 1/10 of a second.
Wow, that's not good. Once I formatted my new SD cards using the instructions in the forum I never had a re-curring problem...Maybe the SD card reader was bad? Was that problem on one of your new drones? What was the final resolution with your last Thermal issues?

I can tell you all that I have been in the UAV community for over 5 years now. Started out with Yuneec. At the time they had the best customer support of any of the manufacturers. Then they had lay offs like a lot of companies did a couple of years ago. The support dropped off from good to not so good. My next UAV I bought a Autel X-Star. I can say that their support was and still is the best in the industry. They are second to none. Parrot has always had bad reviews but I thought I would give them a chance with the Anafi. They in my opinion are terrible at support. The people manning the phones are not tech people. They are just call centers employees with cue cards. Parrot seems much better in the UK then in North America so they need to improve in the US and Canada. DJI has also improved their customer support over the last year or so. You will hear stories about them but they do have 70% of the market so it just stands to reason their will be some with bad experiences.
If Parrot wants to continue in the drone market it needs to pull up its pants and start giving better support.

Reactions: Ratmir and Thanev
I can tell you all that I have been in the UAV community for over 5 years now. Started out with Yuneec. At the time they had the best customer support of any of the manufacturers. Then they had lay offs like a lot of companies did a couple of years ago. The support dropped off from good to not so good. My next UAV I bought a Autel X-Star. I can say that their support was and still is the best in the industry. They are second to none. Parrot has always had bad reviews but I thought I would give them a chance with the Anafi. They in my opinion are terrible at support. The people manning the phones are not tech people. They are just call centers employees with cue cards. Parrot seems much better in the UK then in North America so they need to improve in the US and Canada. DJI has also improved their customer support over the last year or so. You will hear stories about them but they do have 70% of the market so it just stands to reason their will be some with bad experiences.
If Parrot wants to continue in the drone market it needs to pull up its pants and start giving better support.
I loved the Anafi for what it produced. A very nice feature set for the price. Being of an older age I expect service to retain my business.
I have heard wonderful things about Autel in their customer service levels as well,but it wasn't available as an option when the Msvic Pro2 price was offered.
I was really surprised when the service center close to me was setting up to service Parrot drones, but ran away from the deal when they asked about spare parts and were told they were limited availability. For me it's parts and service now. And the ability to fly 5 miles out...
Interesting to see the Skydio2 true reviews 6 mos.from now as I feel they may have a winning product.

Thanks for clarifying but you said and I quote.....from your original post: " You won’t be able to go out 5 plus miles out like you would a Magic Pro".

Before you pass judgement on the Skydio R2 maybe you should wait and see what it can do....Who knows maybe the controller shell is the same as the Parrot Anafi but maybe they tweaked the signal in some way.
I'm jussayin...
And you shouldn't pass judgment on people trying to provide their feedback in a community that has actual owners of the product citing multiple technological failures and issues with customer service.

Why are you trying to argue with people on this thread? You are the only one that seemingly keeps sticking up for parrot, even though people keep telling you that they are suffering/hurting with the issue we have been experiencing. Seems like you are trying to paint some kind of fairytale picture about this product, a tale that is out of touch with reality, as was confirmed by countless people experiencing the same types of issues, responding on this same thread, a picture that does not exist.

What exactly are you trying to prove here? Do you work for Parrot? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but parrot has failed its customers, and themselves.

- If a drone does not fly away/crash/malfunction on its own out of the box, there will never be a warranty claim nor a need to contact customer service.
- how parrot treats their customers after the fact when these malfunctions occur is not appropriate.
- the turn around time to get any replacement for warranty is rediculous. I am still waiting months for a replacement
- the fact that this happens VERY frequently, more so on the Anafi, than competitors, is an issue, but parrot doesn't care enough about their customers to do anything about that. point-blank.
- no follow up, no updates, no callbacks. You have to hunt customer service down. Yes you will get them, but beyond the first level (note-taker, and screen prompt reader, there is no technical knowledge or real support beyond that)
- I am still waiting on a manager to call back a week later, and I was promised a call back within 3 business days.

Since this incident, I went out and bought a DJI Pro 2. How many failures or issues since then? Zero... I rest my case...

Please refrain from responding to this Jet, You are either a fanboy, or you work for Parrot trying to do P.R. damage control.

Reactions: Thanev
Well done! Glad you noticed as well
I think these forums would benefit from a block or ignore function.A great way to shut out problem contributors.

Well done! Glad you noticed as well
I think these forums would benefit from a block or ignore function.A great way to shut out problem contributors.
You can block anyone you want in your settings

Lets try and keep name calling out of this thread or I will have to close it. We all have a opinion and Jet's is just one of many.

Sorry Agustine.I didn't think I was "name calling", but perceptions vary I guess.Perhaps it would have been better to post 2 different times rather than just once.
Good to know it is in the settings under ignore though.

And you shouldn't pass judgment on people trying to provide their feedback in a community that has actual owners of the product citing multiple technological failures and issues with customer service.

Why are you trying to argue with people on this thread? You are the only one that seemingly keeps sticking up for parrot, even though people keep telling you that they are suffering/hurting with the issue we have been experiencing. Seems like you are trying to paint some kind of fairytale picture about this product, a tale that is out of touch with reality, as was confirmed by countless people experiencing the same types of issues, responding on this same thread, a picture that does not exist.

What exactly are you trying to prove here? Do you work for Parrot? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but parrot has failed its customers, and themselves.

- If a drone does not fly away/crash/malfunction on its own out of the box, there will never be a warranty claim nor a need to contact customer service.
- how parrot treats their customers after the fact when these malfunctions occur is not appropriate.
- the turn around time to get any replacement for warranty is rediculous. I am still waiting months for a replacement
- the fact that this happens VERY frequently, more so on the Anafi, than competitors, is an issue, but parrot doesn't care enough about their customers to do anything about that. point-blank.
- no follow up, no updates, no callbacks. You have to hunt customer service down. Yes you will get them, but beyond the first level (note-taker, and screen prompt reader, there is no technical knowledge or real support beyond that)
- I am still waiting on a manager to call back a week later, and I was promised a call back within 3 business days.

Since this incident, I went out and bought a DJI Pro 2. How many failures or issues since then? Zero... I rest my case...

Please refrain from responding to this Jet, You are either a fanboy, or you work for Parrot trying to do P.R. damage control.

"I'll just make a couple of comments so as to clarify and correct your misstatements and mischaracterizations:

- No where did I "pass judgement"...In the course of my comments on the topic I simply made the statement that my experience with Parrot Support has been positive...I even went on to qualify/caveat my comments by saying that my interaction has been purely related to fairly straight forward questions and not re: a warranty claim....so as to acknowledge that maybe my experience differs for that reason.

- I realize that you have had a bad experience with Parrot Support and that's too bad but maybe you should refrain from name calling and patently false accusations and I quote: "You are either a fanboy, or you work for Parrot trying to do PR". No I don't work for Parrot...I'm just a customer who has had a positive experience with Parrot's products and their support thus far. I guess that sentiment is not allowed in this thread. SMH!

- As far as "arguing" goes...I guess if anybody has a different experience or expresses a different opinion then that's arguing and it is not acceptable in your world and should remain silent? Sorry but not everyone is going to share your opinion and I certainly have the right to express mine...and btw I do that without name calling and making false accusations. I'm jussayin....

Cheers

I think this thread has run its course as it seems to be going in another direction so it is now closed.
Thanks to all who contributed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut