Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No Wifi Detected From Drone

Chicken Wings

Reaction score
OK, so I got the app installed, turn on sc3, connect phone, update sc3, go to update drone, no wifi from drone. Read the posts about this prob, try hard reset, still nothing.
I see the "connect automatically" with sc3 and drone connected by wire and "connect manually" with "enter wifi password", hit button, "select drone from list", -
"no drone detected". Any comments on connecting controller and drone by wire or how to get drone wifi running?

1. Smartphone in Airplane Mode (Wifi, 3G/4G, BT off)
2. SC3 and smartphone connected with USB cable
3. FF6 should run and display SC3 box green
4. Anafi switched on, should auto-connect to SC3

As you describe, points 1 to 3 are functioning.
If only 4 is not ok, then check, if there is an Anafi Wifi:
1. Smartphone Wifi on
2. In WLAN settings look for an Anafi Wifi entry in your Wifi spots list.
If there is no Wifi of Anafi on one of the 2 bands (5 GHz, 2.4 GHz), there may be a hardware problem.

Reactions: Chicken Wings
I was also able to run steps 1-3 okay, but once I turn on the drone, the drone icon stays dim. Connected to drone Wi-Fi, still nothing. Controller and drone are paired (both solid blue) and I can fly without the phone. The FF6 app fires up when I plug the phone in, so yes, it is a data cable. I can connect to the drone's Wi-Fi with my phone, but the net effect is zero; doesn't help at all. My phone is literally Wi-Fi connected to the drone but the app can't see any drones. FF6 is v6.10.3; drone FW is 1.8.2. Oh, and tried FF6 on another phone, same exact outcome. If I tap "Try" I get the control screen but nothing from the drone. I unplugged controller and phone and turned the controller off and the drone is flashing blue again, even though the phone is still connected to the drone's Wi-Fi; I disconnected and reconnected the ANAFI Wi-Fi, the drone's blue light just keeps blinking like nothing happened. Is there something in the app I need to tweak/turn on? Is there a way to make it check for updates (no "about" menu in the app like on my phone!). Feel like I'm one toggle away from getting this to work :). Unless Parrot just permanently disabled FF6 from working, but that'd be uber-odd. Many thanks for your advice.

Update: for grins, I shut down FF6 and fired up FF Pro I had installed for my Bebop 2. That old app can see my ANAFI just fine, reads the s/n, flight hours, battery life...does everything but let me fly it :). At the flight window, it says "update drone to display video"; it knows it's an ANAFI, but I guess just doesn't support it. So it's the FF6 software. How do I kick-start it to work?

Last edited:
I was also able to run steps 1-3 okay, but once I turn on the drone, the drone icon stays dim. Connected to drone Wi-Fi, still nothing. Controller and drone are paired (both solid blue) and I can fly without the phone. The FF6 app fires up when I plug the phone in, so yes, it is a data cable. I can connect to the drone's Wi-Fi with my phone, but the net effect is zero; doesn't help at all. My phone is literally Wi-Fi connected to the drone but the app can't see any drones. FF6 is v6.10.3; drone FW is 1.8.2. Oh, and tried FF6 on another phone, same exact outcome. If I tap "Try" I get the control screen but nothing from the drone. I unplugged controller and phone and turned the controller off and the drone is flashing blue again, even though the phone is still connected to the drone's Wi-Fi; I disconnected and reconnected the ANAFI Wi-Fi, the drone's blue light just keeps blinking like nothing happened. Is there something in the app I need to tweak/turn on? Is there a way to make it check for updates (no "about" menu in the app like on my phone!). Feel like I'm one toggle away from getting this to work :). Unless Parrot just permanently disabled FF6 from working, but that'd be uber-odd. Many thanks for your advice.

Update: for grins, I shut down FF6 and fired up FF Pro I had installed for my Bebop 2. That old app can see my ANAFI just fine, reads the s/n, flight hours, battery life...does everything but let me fly it :). At the flight window, it says "update drone to display video"; it knows it's an ANAFI, but I guess just doesn't support it. So it's the FF6 software. How do I kick-start it to work?
You’re using the wrong FF6 version. Dont use FF6 USA. You need to look for Feeflight 6 version 6.7.6. I responded on your original post with link to correct version but is waiting for moderators approval.

Ah, big difference, thx! Should I be able to find that on the Play store? I only see the USA flavor. Can you include the link here too?

Last edited:
Ah, big difference, thx! Should I be able to find that on the Play store? I only see the USA flavor. Can you include the link here too?
Yes should be on playstore. Try thread below an go to post #4

The older version of FreeFlight 6 is available (at least as of today) at FreeFlight 6 - Apps on Google Play. TMK, it only works up to Android v11 (or maybe even earlier). On my v12, the webpage says "you can install on other devices", and I used the popup to open in Play store, it said "not compatible". Wouldn't work on my v11 tablet, but thankfully keeping all those old phones around paid off, b/c it installed and works on a Samsung S8+ running v9. (In my defense, I assumed the "USA" version I kept downloading meant it was the English version, not UK or German; I now know that it's for the expensive model "USA", which to me seems both a boring and poor choice of model name.)

I have just installed FF6 on my Redmi Note 13 Pro Plus 5G running Android 14 and the FF6 works with no probs...

Odd. Yesterday I tried again and this time it works on my "real" phone with A12. Anyone know if it should work on tablets just as well? I've tried two (one an A4, one on A11, both say I can install on "other devices" but not the tablet. Maybe I just need to try on a different day :).

Odd. Yesterday I tried again and this time it works on my "real" phone with A12. Anyone know if it should work on tablets just as well? I've tried two (one an A4, one on A11, both say I can install on "other devices" but not the tablet. Maybe I just need to try on a different day :).
Working fine on my Lenovo tablet running Android 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoshiBlue