Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Out of focus Image Bebop 1

rifee

Reaction score
Here's the issue i have Bebop 1 drone , since yesterday drone's camera seems out of focus even on live feed it does not focus on any object .
# i have even tried after reseting the drone but no effect.
# there's no visible damage on lance.
# i have removed the camera and reattached . still same
# i'm using FreeFlight Pro, current Software version is 4.0.6

i've attached an image , please check

please help to fix this issue
Thank you

Attachments

• Bebop_Drone_2018-11-19T175729+0500_33F8E0.jpg
    Bebop_Drone_2018-11-19T175729+0500_33F8E0.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I had a parrot disco that crashed (not so hard). After that camera lost focus.

Hello,

Quite possible the front lens portion was bumped, this may have shifted it off a little breaking or shifting the epoxy seal that kept the lens portion secure.

Whenever I get a scratched lens, usually from a parts bebop. With most bebop 1 & bebop 2, parts are interchangeable. If the circuit portion is good, I’ll remove the scratched lens and replace it with another with a good non-scratched lens. But you’ll need to break that epoxy seal, refocus by pushing the lens slightly inward or out. Once picture is focused, add a dab of epoxy to a couple of areas connecting the two.

You’ll need to be connected to the app, fairly good Battery voltage to drone so you can take your time. Just last night, replaced a lens to my modified Bebop 1. Once in focus, placed a tab of epoxy to hold both pieces secured. Look closely at the modified Bebop 1 Camera assemble, note the dry epoxy on top of camera lens connecting to camera tube.

Please keep us posted,
Paul A2241008-12B8-46B1-8B3D-88422FDF0218.jpegDD4CF4EA-D8E1-44D5-A1B8-C312857FA4A2.jpegDFF83AE2-3A9D-4319-8EA5-3FE61ACFFC13.jpeg

I had a parrot disco that crashed (not so hard). After that camera lost focus.
Hello,

Possible same problem with yours, slight bump to lens shifted the lens with the Disco. With disco connected, app on try moving the lens inward and out see if picture changes. If it does, you’ll probably need to break the epoxy seal and repoxy again after refocusing.

Good luck,
Paul

Waldo Pepper, how do you break the epoxy seal, do you twist the lens or push in or out? Seems a delicate operation. Tks!

Waldo Pepper, how do you break the epoxy seal, do you twist the lens or push in or out? Seems a delicate operation. Tks!
Hello rddube,

You can slowly twist the lens portion, but grip the square portion with pliers behind the lens portion. Try to remove or cut any substance/glue holding the lens portion on if possible before twisting. Use a hobby cutting blade or something similar, then twist with pliers.

Good luck,
Paul

Thank you very much Paul! You don't happen to have a video showing how you do it?

Also, do you mean use pliers on the black square portion AND on the lens portion? Tks!

Last edited:
Thank you very much Paul! You don't happen to have a video showing how you do it?

Also, do you mean use pliers on the black square portion AND on the lens portion? Tks!
Hello rddube,

Someone out there has a video showing howto dissemble the lens portion, and making the focus adjustment. His name is AnthonyVlog, google BEBOP 2 - Camera Focus / Sensor Noise / Fix Explanation- Part 3

Anthony puts out many great videos, this particular one explains in detail how to adjust camera lens for those out of focus.

Good luck , and happy flying
Paul

Hello rddube,

Someone out there has a video showing howto dissemble the lens portion, and making the focus adjustment. His name is AnthonyVlog, google BEBOP 2 - Camera Focus / Sensor Noise / Fix Explanation- Part 3

Anthony puts out many great videos, this particular one explains in detail how to adjust camera lens for those out of focus.

Good luck , and happy flying
Paul
Waldo, although I am a BB2 flyer, I am trying to get to the bottom of serious resolution issue. So, thanks for all this good info! I may consider the possibilities that either my lens barrel shifted due to inadequate gluing, or perhaps one or more optical elements shifted inside the barrel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut