Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pano problems.

Landbo

Reaction score
I was a trip by the sea today and enjoy the good weather we once had (It's already cloudy and raining again :( ). Anafi was of course with me on the trip. I made a lot of video and a single 180 degree pano. To my horror I notice there is a triangle missing in the pano when I collect it, it doesn't matter if I use the ICE or Affinity image editor. Unfortunately I deleted and overwritten the pictures on my SD card so I can try to stitch in FF6. Are there any people who have tried the same when making panos ?

Regards, Leif.

A single Anafi bonus Pics taken out of a 4k video.

• Wow
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
& of course I, like a village idiot, immediately assumed you had put that there & that it was pointing to something, which I could not find! Until I read your accompanying text... :oops: Now that is peculiar.

I hope you enjoyed the sunshine, Leif.

When I had my Anafi and did Panos I did them with the App as it seemed to work well. Only when it screwed up did I try other programs. One thing I found was if shot low to the ground there where more errors in the final image. No idea why this seemed to happen.
Here is you photo all fixed up.

& of course I, like a village idiot, immediately assumed you had put that there & that it was pointing to something, which I could not find! Until I read your accompanying text... :oops: Now that is peculiar.

I hope you enjoyed the sunshine, Leif.

Yes it looks strange Alex. I guess its is the missing picture in the middle that makes the rag out in the left side. What is most strange is that both programs make the error exactly at the same way, it causes me to suspect Affinity to have received / purchased their code from Microsoft. The goat is timid that one cannot count on the result just being fine every time and making stitched images useless.

Yes I enjoyed the good weather in the 3/4 day it lasted. Now we have fallen back to normal spring weather in Denmark with rain and strong wind.

Regards, Leif.

When I had my Anafi and did Panos I did them with the App as it seemed to work well. Only when it screwed up did I try other programs. One thing I found was if shot low to the ground there where more errors in the final image. No idea why this seemed to happen.
Here is you photo all fixed up.

View attachment 1520

I find too many mistakes in the pic at making a pano that the technique has not come out of the toy stage ------------ yet.

You were not completely finished with the pano, look out in the left side where the missing picture from the middle makes a terrible disorder. ;)

Regards, Leif.

I think it has a lot to do with which device we use. On my android phone the pano works very well for me but if I use my cheaper android tablet it is not so good. Where you see on the horizon the defect I have found taking panos at low Alt. this will happen more often then higher up. No idea why but this is something I have noticed.

That looks rather unusual! I've only ever processed my panos from the Anafi in ff6 and never had any problems though my Samsung S6 does get a b it warm!!

Reactions: Landbo
I think it has a lot to do with which device we use. On my android phone the pano works very well for me but if I use my cheaper android tablet it is not so good. Where you see on the horizon the defect I have found taking panos at low Alt. this will happen more often then higher up. No idea why but this is something I have noticed.

If you use the same stitching software, the device should not matter.

Yes the subject has much to say how good the result will be. But the height from which the pano images are taken should not affect the final result.

Regards, Leif.

Having "played" a lot with the picture, I think I've solved the puzzle.

What is needed to make a good stitching ? That the subject is calm where two pictures overlap.

What is missing in the motive I have tried to make a pano off ? The waves that hit the beach are frozen during the time it takes to make the pictures for the pano. That condition is not met and therefore the result is very poor.

Regards, Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut