Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi overlay

LT Black

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if the only current known way to add overlays to anafi is by using the flight data manager and garmin virb edit. The reason I ask is I mistakenly installed the latest version of virb edit instead of the recommended 5.1.3 so now even after doing a full uninstall AND removing the garmin folder from %appdata% I still cant get all the guages working. I am wondering is it possible to us something else like dashware. Thanks in advance

Thank you Augustine. Do you know if its possible to use the guages from Virb Edit?

The ones on the bottom yes but the Alt bar on the side is one of Dashwares gauges. Its been a long time since I played with any of the video overlay programs I almost forget how its done. LOL
I'm gonna have a play with it today

ok so I'm having a little success with this, I used my flights gpx file (after foolishly attempting to use the CSV file) but I can't work out how to get the sea level, max altitude, max distance or take-off distance. Any ideas?

Here is one I did with Dashware

Hi Agustine,

Very nice video! I am struggling a bit with overlays. I am converting a Anafi JSON file to CSV with AirData and overlaying that on a video with Dashware. Velocity, position, altitude are great. The heading for the compass is a random number that wanders around. Your heading/compass data looks perfect.

The column in the CSV file headed "compass_heading(degrees)" looks stable and doesn't match the wandering at all. Did you change something to make it work or use a different CSV conversion?

Thank You!
Tim

Hi Agustine,

Very nice video! I am struggling a bit with overlays. I am converting a Anafi JSON file to CSV with AirData and overlaying that on a video with Dashware. Velocity, position, altitude are great. The heading for the compass is a random number that wanders around. Your heading/compass data looks perfect.

The column in the CSV file headed "compass_heading(degrees)" looks stable and doesn't match the wandering at all. Did you change something to make it work or use a different CSV conversion?

Thank You!
Tim

You know its been so long since I made one of these I really do not remember. It is possible I might have used a downloaded file from my account on DroneLogbook.
Like I said I am really not sure on that.
If I think of something I will try to get back to you.

Reactions: tlyons
OK, I figured it out myself. Imagine: I read the help and tried stuff. Two solutions for me in case someone has the same trouble:
1. Rename column "compass_heading(degrees)" in the CSV file to "Heading" to match what the Flyrex CSV profile is looking
2. Create a Flytrex-Anafi profile to change the definition of "Heading" to come from column labelled "compass_heading(degrees)" then you have no need to edit future CSV files.

Thanks for the response.
Happy New Year!

The Anafi VIRB Overlay Speed Gauge (Km/h) does not display true value. Freeflight6 speed must be multiplied by m/s x3.6 to obtain km/h. The value in the template is different because it shows less than FF6. I replaced the speedometer with the Disco speedometer because it shows correctly.
So, if you live in Europe and use VIRB Parrot templates, change the speedometer (on the gauge tab) to Disco or one of the vehicle speeds. see picture:Sebesség helyesen.png

As the speed must come from the Anafi .json file is it possible to see how the gauges are calculating it? Is one purely reporting the ground speed according to the GPS coordinates and the Disco one adding any change in altitude to give a higher figure?

The FF6 always shows one speed. If it moves vertically it shows, if it moves horizontally it shows. A combination of the two is also possible. This is also included in the .json file, so the speedometer shows it. The problem is that in the Anafi template provided with Flight data manager, the speedometer does not count well if it is to be displayed in Km/h. I looked at what the FF6 showed in flight and converted the data recorded in m/s to km/h. Sorry, it did not match!
Then I was looking for another gauge and tried it out. This has already been shown well (Disco gauge).

I am finding on my data over lays that is measured in MPH it is out by 2 MPH from what it should have been. So doing a flight plan and using 36 ft/s my speed should be 24.5455 MPH but I am getting 22 MPH on the data over lay.

I am finding on my data over lays that is measured in MPH it is out by 2 MPH from what it should have been. So doing a flight plan and using 36 ft/s my speed should be 24.5455 MPH but I am getting 22 MPH on the data over lay.
Yes, this difference in km/h is at least 5 km/h and sometimes more.
Have you tried the Disco gauge? I got it (and it looks the same)

I use this overlay in Dashware. I prefer Dashware over VIRB edit.
Same video I posted yesterday but I layed out the data on this one. Right from my back yard and back.

It is interesting that the speed on the gauge remains at 0 whilst you are climbing vertically and only increases when you start to move forward. Therefore it may read less than FF6 reports if FF6 takes into account both the horizontal and vertical velocities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BVJR