Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No map in VIRB Edit?

rdp38

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm attempting to add flight data to one of my videos using this guide. It was all going well and I've generated a video but the overlay flight data is from the start of the flight and the video was started during the flight. When I imported the FIT file into VIRB Edit I was presented with a white screen where I should have seen a map and this is the same when trying to adjust the sync - is this the same for others and is there a fix? Currently it's impossible for me to sync the flight data with the video clip. Screenshot attached to add some context.

I am using VIRB Edit 5.1.3 as I understand the gauges don't work with newer versions.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
RDP.

Attachments

• VIRB Edit.png
    VIRB Edit.png
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 15
This is what i would do,use gps file to open in google earth,figure time when i started recording,lets say you flew 5 minutes before hitting record button freeflight6....
i would add any picture to video converter and add video of flight to same project ,i would set picture to 5 minutes(most converters can do that)before transitioning to video and convert to 1 video file.....add that file to virb ,add g-metrix and once you have new file with overlay cut out part with picture in it and you will have it the way you want it....i am not sure but it is maybe possible to do that all with virb edit

Thanks for the response Skydreamer - it sounds like a bit of a hassle. I installed the latest version of VIRB Edit and it works perfectly, only the pitch and roll don't display but I can live with that.

Thanks for the response Skydreamer - it sounds like a bit of a hassle. I installed the latest version of VIRB Edit and it works perfectly, only the pitch and roll don't display but I can live with that.
the latest VIRBEDIT doesn't show correct gauges.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53