Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

malc, I've lived in Texas my entire life so forget Texas is a pretty popular travel destination. If you ever decide to visit Texas, shoot me a message and I can fill you in on good places to visit while in Texas. I've spent the last 30 years traveling around Texas for business and know the state pretty well.

Thanks that's a very kind offer and I'll bear it in mind,always fancied doing the Harley D thing across two or three states Texas being one of them.
Closest I got so far was for some sports coaching in L A. and a holiday in Santa Barbara, so not that close really:).
In fact I'd also like to tag it onto some storm chasing photography in the mid west , Yellowstone national park too come to think of it . One day;).
Yes we always undervalue our home patch don't we.
I remember sitting in a Royal Photographic Society lecture held on the Devonshire coast which was exploring the backlash against far flung , pecieved exotic travel photography and questioning us to consider travel photography as starting as soon as we open our door!
A valid view , but a bit of both for me I think.
Regards
Malc

Last edited:
Reactions: ufosaboveus
I wonder what would happen if the Anafi collided with a bird? Glad I didn't have to find out but had lots of birds flying around the drone today.

P0510051.jpg

I wonder what would happen if the Anafi collided with a bird? Glad I didn't have to find out but had lots of birds flying around the drone today.

I know how badly things went for a mate and his Mavic and a seagull on Wednesday... thankfully it got broken low to the the ground - I suspect the Anafi wouldn't take it well either!

Few days ago in the near mountains. It was already pretty dark so there was some work to be done to get a decent image out of the situation without to much noise. Although the low shutterspeed made things a bit blurry in the end.

52ff373bc81b7c310bdf0c249dc8816c.jpg

I know how badly things went for a mate and his Mavic and a seagull on Wednesday... thankfully it got broken low to the the ground - I suspect the Anafi wouldn't take it well either!

I imagine hitting a bird when up high would result in a total loss of the drone. I guess just the chance I take flying around birds. On the plus side, I can fly my Anafi fairly close to ducks or geese and doesn't even scare them. Using the zoom really helps there too.

just thought I would share a handy use for the zoom feature on our drones. I didn't want to fly too close to the tower as it had wires leading up to it plus it is on private property. So I stayed back about 500 feet from it but with the zoom, I was still able to get decent shots of the gear mounted on it. Now if I was wanting to really see it closely, I could have flown to within about 100 feet of it and the zoom would have really gotten closeup. The zoom makes the Anafi I very viable inspection drone It think. In fact, I am practicing to see if I can start using it in my safety business.

Capture1564.JPG

Really nice [emoji106] lush greens everywhere. I guess that would make for wonderful images at sunrise.

I am still waiting for snow around here to record some videos
aerial3a.jpg

about an hour after sunrise, still got the long shadows!P0780079_Moment.jpg

Last edited:
what a great photo opp that bridge is. Now the question is are you going to fly under? Looks pretty tight there but maybe the part with the water has more clearance? Very cool spot to fly.

what a great photo opp that bridge is. Now the question is are you going to fly under? Looks pretty tight there but maybe the part with the water has more clearance? Very cool spot to fly.
Yes I do intend to go back, going to try the other side in the woods, also it was bitterly cold and my fingers were dropping off so I jacked it!
(edited to add) here is a view taken from the video rather than a true photo, the black thing in the middle of the lawn is the anafi shadow
P0750076_Momenta.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys i am complete new here and this is one of my first pictures i took with my anafi. Question: how are you guys working with the histogramm? I can only distinguish dark and bright areas... Should there not be all the spectrum colors in order to go realy in detail. Thanks for sharing your experience.IMG_20190116_223438.jpg

Hi guys i am complete new here and this is one of my first pictures i took with my anafi. Question: how are you guys working with the histogramm? I can only distinguish dark and bright areas... Should there not be all the spectrum colors in order to go realy in detail. Thanks for sharing your experience.View attachment 984
Swissguy, as a self proclaimed ufo nut, there is so much I could say about that pic but I will just say welcome to the Anafi family and nice pic.

really hazy here today so not good for pics but had to jump up and snap a few pics of the moon in prep for the blood moon event tonight.
Capture1569.JPG
video screen capture

P0670067.JPG
picture snapped in straight auto mode

A neighbourhood community garden, known as the "Butterfly Garden" that our family helped to design the planting for. My partner had the idea of filling in what were areas too small for planting in with pebble mosaics & I love capturing video & photo's of it from above. The butterfly is a symbol for non-violence & is used here as a gentle reminder of the lasting trauma & effects of domestic violence. There were all manner of community groups involved with creating the pebble mosaics here, from the youngest of young to the eldest of the elderly. About 3,000 plants have been planted out with the goal of it becoming a natural wilderness for kids to be able to play & explore in.

This is a RAW file edited very quickly in Lightroom Classic.

P0940192.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut