Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

A very windy evening and friends last evening. So windy the gimbal stabilisation gave in and the video was all over the place!
After a repower and calibration, I got this:

Barb and Gregs - evening shot on a windy and rough evening.

p1450656_stitch-2-jpg.1042

Attachments

• P1450656_stitch-2.jpg
    P1450656_stitch-2.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Efliernz
You guys are lucky with your calm days. Seems like every day is windy here in Texas when I can actually fly my drone.

Wow! What is this? There's great drama to this @Agustine ! Really nicely done. (y)(y)

Only things I'd change are to lose the fake sunshine rays & to get in closer to that structure & place it off-centre, but with the bridge (or whatever that raised section is on the left) in place.

Ya I was trying a new effect in Luminar 2018 and I guess it did not turn out all that great. The photo was taken with my Autel XSP as I am still waiting on my replacement Anafi. The photo was taken of Thunder Bay harbor on Lake Superior. That is the lighthouse on the breakwall of the harbor. The sea smoke is from open water and the water being warmer then the air creates the sea smoke. Looks real cool with a ship coming through it in the morning light.
Here are a couple other photos of the same area.

FB_IMG_1453146418206.jpg

ChPlCXUU0AAGKaF.jpg

Ya I was trying a new effect in Luminar 2018 and I guess it did not turn out all that great. The photo was taken with my Autel XSP as I am still waiting on my replacement Anafi. The photo was taken of Thunder Bay harbor on Lake Superior. That is the lighthouse on the breakwall of the harbor. The sea smoke is from open water and the water being warmer then the air creates the sea smoke. Looks real cool with a ship coming through it in the morning light.
Here are a couple other photos of the same area.

View attachment 1146

View attachment 1147
That is such a cool spot to visit & revisit & revisit! Nicely explored @Agustine !

I spent some training time today working on getting used to manual settings... and realising that on a small Iphone7 screen, you can't get too close to the bottom of the screen when setting AE.

This from 5 minutes tonight. It refused to do a Pano - don't know why yet... so I did my own 3-pic selection.

P2000766-Pano.jpg

I spent some training time today working on getting used to manual settings... and realising that on a small Iphone7 screen, you can't get too close to the bottom of the screen when setting AE.

This from 5 minutes tonight. It refused to do a Pano - don't know why yet... so I did my own 3-pic selection.

View attachment 1156
Love the sun-rays bursting through the cloud, Pete, & I've always been a sucker for long shadows! Very nicely done.

It's the same for me with my iPhone 8 Plus, the screen is just too small & I have very good dexterity & fine motor skills. I played with one of the boys iPad minis & even that was too small, I've ended up going with an iPad Air 2 & I'll stick a homemade hood/visor over it to stop the glare factor on the bigger screen.

Love the sun-rays bursting through the cloud, Pete, & I've always been a sucker for long shadows! Very nicely done.

It's the same for me with my iPhone 8 Plus, the screen is just too small & I have very good dexterity & fine motor skills. I played with one of the boys iPad minis & even that was too small, I've ended up going with an iPad Air 2 & I'll stick a homemade hood/visor over it to stop the glare factor on the bigger screen.

Not sure if you have a template for a sun hood but I have made a couple using this guys template. Some foam board and valcro it works perfectly and even folds up when not in use. You might have to adjust the size to fit your tablet but I really had no problem doing that. Check it out if you need a template.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Not sure if you have a template for a sun hood but I have made a couple using this guys template. Some foam board and valcro it works perfectly and even folds up when not in use. You might have to adjust the size to fit your tablet but I really had no problem doing that. Check it out if you need a template.
Thanks so much @Agustine ! :)

That looks so much better than my idea of thick cardboard painted black and held together with gaffers tape (tape with the fabric within it used by roadies the world over to tape down microphone cables and the like). I like that it can fold up too, so it could be put in my backpack for easy transport.

View attachment 1156

Love the sun rays, my anafi also refuses to do automated panos every now and then, no idea why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow