Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

Love the sun-rays bursting through the cloud, Pete, & I've always been a sucker for long shadows! Very nicely done.

It's the same for me with my iPhone 8 Plus, the screen is just too small & I have very good dexterity & fine motor skills. I played with one of the boys iPad minis & even that was too small, I've ended up going with an iPad Air 2 & I'll stick a homemade hood/visor over it to stop the glare factor on the bigger screen.

Thanks all. I was out flying my rc aerobatic foam plane when... I quickly landed and shot that pic. Rather pleased ?
I have a cheap imported tablet/controller mount I have for the iPad Mini. I’ve got a shade already as I’ve flown with my iPad as a monitor in the full-size plane.
It’s more an issue of balance. I fly planes with a neck strap to my rc controller. I’ve seen several strap systems demo’d for the Parrot. I’m a modeller... so I’m going to try making a neck-supported table setup so I can run the 8” iPad.
Of course... I can always “seize the opportunity to upgrade” to a full-size iPad ;)

I’ll document the neck support system if it’s worthy...

Doyle - thanks for your pano feedback. I guess I’ll land and reset if needed next time - but I didn’t have time. Seconds matter hon a pic like that!

Summer sunset... 1/10,000 + ISO100. No ND filter.
Shadows lifted in Lightroom.

View attachment 1177
That's nicely done Pete! I'm suitably impressed by how much you can open up the shadows on this tiny sensor, to a level that the noise introduced can then be masked off & reduced if needed, so nobody ever knows! That's one of the best features in Lightroom Classic, the Luminosity Masking feature.

Reactions: Efliernz
Very noice! The noise is irrelevant, the composition & light is engaging, that's all that matters!

Cheers, this is my testing grounds, I live in the building in the foreground, luckily there is a carpark just across the road which empties out from 5pm, I would like to fly higher next time but I noticed the anafi sends me a poor/very poor wifi notice when I get up to about 70mtrs (the height of this shot) Tho I was wearing my apple watch (forgot to take it off, tho phone was in airplane mode) and also the drone was pretty much directly above my head, will try without the watch and fly the drone out 20mtrs or so in-front of myself next time to see if wifi range improves.

Cheers, this is my testing grounds, I live in the building in the foreground, luckily there is a carpark just across the road which empties out from 5pm, I would like to fly higher next time but I noticed the anafi sends me a poor/very poor wifi notice when I get up to about 70mtrs (the height of this shot) Tho I was wearing my apple watch (forgot to take it off, tho phone was in airplane mode) and also the drone was pretty much directly above my head, will try without the watch and fly the drone out 20mtrs or so in-front of myself next time to see if wifi range improves.
Look forward to seeing further testing here, what a great spot.

That's interesting about the intereference at that height. I have issues locally to me only that when I get to 50-60 metres I get the EMF interference warnings. I wonder if it's some high tension power lines causing it, but they are about 700 metres away from where I am flying.

I got withdrawal symptoms while waiting for a response from Parrot regarding my Anafis drop from the sky. Instead, I sent my DJI Phantom 4 Advance up on February 11, 2019 when there was a clear sky and sunrise. Have made three HDR images out of the many shots I made. Note that the dinosaur P4A has a camera with a 1" sensor and is therefore considerably more bright and noise-free compared to Anafi's small camera.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
I got withdrawal symptoms while waiting for a response from Parrot regarding my Anafis drop from the sky. Instead, I sent my DJI Phantom 4 Advance up on February 11, 2019 when there was a clear sky and sunrise. Have made three HDR images out of the many shots I made. Note that the dinosaur P4A has a camera with a 1" sensor and is therefore considerably more bright and noise-free compared to Anafi's small camera.

View attachment 1257

View attachment 1256

View attachment 1255

Regards, Leif.
Nice point of view looking across to the rising sun there, Leif! I hope your Anafi woes are sorted out easily.

Reactions: Landbo
Nice point of view looking across to the rising sun there, Leif! I hope your Anafi woes are sorted out easily.

Thanks Alex.

Yes, do not know what it is with Parrot but they sent me to Parrot UK even though I bought my Parrot in France. It's as if something goes wrong at that transition. I have to arm myself with patience.

Regards, Leif.

HDR sunrise at the local pond before work. Cold and Misty!

From my experience editing DNG/RAW files taken with the Anafi i would always recommend shooting in DNG bracketing mode. I'm a DSLR photographer and i always shoot in RAW. With a single image(most of the time) you can get away with bringing down the highlights and boosting the shadows to a degree to get a nice image. yes you can do this on the Anafi with a single image but the noise will be ridiculous. bracket your images. even if you dont use them in HDR image at least you have a choice of exposures to work from.

Last edited:
This sweet chestnut tree is dated to the early 1500's.

Henry VIII was on the English throne and Ferdinand Magellan became the first European to cross from the Atlantic to the pacific through the south american straight that now bears his name.

Thanks!!!

Artistic license?

Sorry, what i'm trying to say is they were definitely added in post production. I'm not hating but if someone comments "superbly timed"* you should have said that you added in post production.

*joking or not

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante