Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

I actually found this today looking around. This will allow me to use my USB power pack. I have the AC model now but it is useless in the bush without something to plug into.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
G5hsDBI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bonktastic
Today, my little chic French Miss Anafi2 really started flying after passing the test by flying 2 batteries low near the ground yesterday. As usual, it is HDR images that I play with right now. ?

View attachment xx1.jpg

The first picture is of the sun and the landscape a few minutes after it has come across the horizon.

View attachment xx2.jpg

The last picture shows the landscape in backlight (sun) about 10 minutes after sunrise.

End for this time, greeting Leif.

Today, my little chic French Miss Anafi2 really started flying after passing the test by flying 2 batteries low near the ground yesterday. As usual, it is HDR images that I play with right now. ?

View attachment 1486

The first picture is of the sun and the landscape a few minutes after it has come across the horizon.

View attachment 1487

The last picture shows the landscape in backlight (sun) about 10 minutes after sunrise.

End for this time, greeting Leif.
Looks like she's not scared of heights, Leif! ;) Another couple of nice point of views from you.

Reactions: Landbo
Personally i think there are limits. And if you are pushing the boundaries then you need to inform your viewer.

For example(not a drone photo)

This was taken over 2hrs. It could have been captured in a single exposure but i wasn't in a dark location and ended up taking over 700 photos and stacked them to produce the trails. I would still call this photography though as the images were captured in camera.
Whoa! That's not real? I had the same effect happen to me a couple of times in the early 70's....felt real.

Your top photo there seems to be a lot of noise in the sky. Any reason this might be happening?

I noticed that too, not sure, perhaps in the post processing, this photo below uses the same technique (manual DNG pano, also has lots of noise in they sky...

Bar Island - Bunbury, Western Australia by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

I will check out a single frame without any processing and check noise levels.

EDIT - I checked out the unprocessed DNG file and its just noisy all over, its only really noticeable in the solid sky, was shot at 100 iso... my processing (pushing the image to far) makes it much more noticeable, I usually only post these photos on instagram so the noise isnt to much of an issue on that platform

Last edited:

Just a noisy pano from this morning where the weather is pretty foggy and dark. There is also a minor stitching error in the image. Has used Microsoft ICE for stitching.

Regards, Leif.

View attachment 1541

Just a small HDR pano made from 3 * 7 pictures in the golden hour this morning. Unfortunately, I have not quite completely got my new Anafis camera adjusted correctly so the horizon is a bit uneven.

Regards, Leif.
Yet another gorgeous point of view from you, Leif! Looks like a wonderful corner of the planet to be in & those sky colours are superb.

My inner nerd is curious as to whether this was an in FF6 app panorama or the result of you combining 7 sets of 3 bracketed frames together?

Yet another gorgeous point of view from you, Leif! Looks like a wonderful corner of the planet to be in & those sky colours are superb.

My inner nerd is curious as to whether this was an in FF6 app panorama or the result of you combining 7 sets of 3 bracketed frames together?

Thanks for the roses Alex. We see the colors in the sky every time the rain comes later in the day. It's the cloud cover that creates the colors when the sun shines through them.

The image is created by 3 HDR images each consisting of 7 bracket images taken by Anafi in the DNG format and assembled in the Affinity photo editor. The 3 pictures are then gathered for a pano in Affinity. Sorry, there is no pano from Anafi & FF6 mixed into that image.

Regards, Leif.

Thanks for the roses Alex. We see the colors in the sky every time the rain comes later in the day. It's the cloud cover that creates the colors when the sun shines through them.

The image is created by 3 HDR images each consisting of 7 bracket images taken by Anafi in the DNG format and assembled in the Affinity photo editor. The 3 pictures are then gathered for a pano in Affinity. Sorry, there is no pano from Anafi & FF6 mixed into that image.

Regards, Leif.
Aah, my mistake, it was 3 frames of 7 brackets! :giggle: That's a lot of overlap in tonality! I only ever use 3 bracketed shots these days that are 2 stops apart so as to cover all of the highlights, mid-tones & shadow details. In the past, when I used to take 5 or 7 bracketed exposures for each frame I found the mid-tones started to get a bit lacking or flat in appearance.

We have been sorely lacking in clouds at sunrise & sunset lately, which makes for a very quick modest little bit of colour each day. :(

Reactions: Landbo
Aah, my mistake, it was 3 frames of 7 brackets! :giggle: That's a lot of overlap in tonality! I only ever use 3 bracketed shots these days that are 2 stops apart so as to cover all of the highlights, mid-tones & shadow details. In the past, when I used to take 5 or 7 bracketed exposures for each frame I found the mid-tones started to get a bit lacking or flat in appearance.

We have been sorely lacking in clouds at sunrise & sunset lately, which makes for a very quick modest little bit of colour each day. :(

It is taste and "pleasure" how many brackets you want to use. I use the many pictures because it is easier to noise-fight the finished result and then I also think it gives more and smoother color shades. It may also have something to do with the process that is ben used as well as one's habit ?

Yes you are heading for the winter down under and we towards the summer. But I suppose there are also clouds with a great water content passing by you too.

Regards, Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up