Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Precision landing Tip - Maybe

Rookie159

Reaction score
Been looking at these forums for ages now but only just realised I haven't been registered, so this is my first post (I've been flying drones years though)

I've been very interested in the precision landing feature but only got it to work a few times out of many, I do everything the manual says which is to just hover over the TO spot until it says precision home set.

But, i've been doing a bit of research and found this page i've never noticed before - from parrots website too!

https://www.parrot.com/files/s3fs-public/firmware/anafi_ecosystem_checklist.pdf

Look very closely at - 'After TO Precise Home Set Depending on conditions / 10 seconds or 10 meters'

Is this a tip on how to get precise home more accurate, more often? I know its from an ecosystem checklist, which i believe is for code developers to create apps for the Anafi (i may be wrong and ive only done a minutes worth of research on it :/ )

It's terrible weather all week here in UK so if anyone could try this and report back if it improves reliability of landing accuracy, that'll be great!

This may just be useless info but ive seen some guys here like a precise rth, so this could help, it could not :)

Thank you

Welcome to forum
For best results to lock in a precision landing use a landing pad or something that has contrast or design different than surrounding area
I typically use a flat piece of card board with design, easily folded
Also need to make sure you get a good satellite lock
just be aware that it is not always going to be perfectly precise
Thanks for the checklist i have not seen this one before
Happy flying

Thank you,
I use a landing pad, a decent sized one blue and orange. I’ve tried a small cardboard pad and it actually worked more then the proper landing pad ?

I think the problem for me is that the drone drifts a fair bit foreword or aft as soon as I take off, so it must record the grass and mud outside the pad.
Thank you for your reply :)

Personally I think people put to much into the precision landing option. I prefer to have full control when landing so when ever I have used RTH I will take over control when the Anafi is over head.

It’s fun to have, I love the automation of the Anafi with flight plan and touch to fly. That’s mainly the reason I got it along with bebop 2.
I feel like a kid again when it lands where it took off, not sure why, but it’s the small things in life haha :)

Been looking at these forums for ages now but only just realised I haven't been registered, so this is my first post (I've been flying drones years though)

I've been very interested in the precision landing feature but only got it to work a few times out of many, I do everything the manual says which is to just hover over the TO spot until it says precision home set.

But, i've been doing a bit of research and found this page i've never noticed before - from parrots website too!

https://www.parrot.com/files/s3fs-public/firmware/anafi_ecosystem_checklist.pdf

Look very closely at - 'After TO Precise Home Set Depending on conditions / 10 seconds or 10 meters'

Is this a tip on how to get precise home more accurate, more often? I know its from an ecosystem checklist, which i believe is for code developers to create apps for the Anafi (i may be wrong and ive only done a minutes worth of research on it :/ )

It's terrible weather all week here in UK so if anyone could try this and report back if it improves reliability of landing accuracy, that'll be great!

This may just be useless info but ive seen some guys here like a precise rth, so this could help, it could not :)

Thank you
Originally, there was no percision landing at Anafi. I think he was with the other drones, so they put him in too.
I was never interested in this as the Anafi never descends to ground level. It is not a problem at all if you hover up to 1 meter away, because I can put it down to the right place by hand.
The Anafi does not need a landing pad at all because it can be launched by hand and returns to the same place and can be removed from the air by hand.

Very true, I’ve tried hand landings but the last 5 or so have been terrible. The props reved up so high and was bouncing around I had to let go.
I don’t think my hand was covering the sensors properly.
I will try again soon! ?

My hand landings are hit and miss most times. Not sure why, might be the way my hand is stretched out. No idea. So what I do is lower it to about eye level and grasp it from underneath. Once I have a good grip on it I just flip it sideways till the motors stop. It will register as a crash but to me it is no big deal. Been doing this for over two years without any problems.

It may just be luck, but I have best results with the hand landing when I let it hover about 3 feet above my hand, hold my hand very flat and rigid, then initiate the landing.

My hand landings are hit and miss most times. Not sure why, might be the way my hand is stretched out. No idea. So what I do is lower it to about eye level and grasp it from underneath. Once I have a good grip on it I just flip it sideways till the motors stop. It will register as a crash but to me it is no big deal. Been doing this for over two years without any problems.
When landing manually, do not go too close, because then it will start to rise. If you are far enough under your hand, you press the take-off / landing button, it will start to land normally. With your fingers closed and held under the ultrasonic sensor, it will be detected as ground and landed on it.
It takes a little practice.

Reactions: Rizzo08

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320