Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problems with registration in FF6 and with connecting of controller, app and drone

I had issues with controller detection because the firmware it shipped with was too old for the current app. The solution was to download an app of an earlier version of the app 6.00 (I believe), update the firmware.

After that it was detected in the current version of the app (6.4)

Fair enough and I see where you're coming from. Will attempt a less emotion based post next time.
Regardless of where anyone of us comes from and of anyone's emotions:
Did you find a good solution for your problem? Is your Anafi airborne meanwhile?

I recently had the same problem, but ok now. Please make sure you use a Micro USB cable that's good for Data Transfer. You need a USB data cable.
I tried many USB cables and they are for charging only.
Then I stumble on a USB data cable, voila, success.
Good luck.

Gave that a shot this morning.. still no go. Thanks anyway Leif.
I bought a new anafi on Saturday and had the issue where the freeflight 6 app would start up and then simply abort during the process to connect the controller to the drone. It would then self start the app again. I called parrot directly and talked to a tech. We messed with it for over an hour and finally figured it out.

The newest version of freeflight 6 (from the app store on your phone) is version 6.6.4.0 came out on FEB 14, 2019. It seems to have an issue with the connection process, especially if you have the older firmware on the controller or anaifi. What he recommended was removing the current version and installing the previous version from APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ. NOTE: The app store for your phone only has the current version. In apkmirror, search for freeflight 6 and you'll get a list of all the older versions. Try downloading and installing the previous version 6.6.3.2 (Dec 20, 2018 version).

Once installed turn on the controller, connect it to the phone via a usb cable (the app should start automatically), and then turn on the anafi. From there the controller and drone will connect. The next step after that should be an update of your controller firmware followed by an update to the anafi firmware. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. The problem is fixed with the firmware. If that all goes well then you should be on the screen with the 'FLY' button highlighted in green.

ALSO: be sure that your phone is not set to automatically update to re-install the latest version of freeflight 6 or you might be right back where you started.

Anyway, that worked for me. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I bought a new anafi on Saturday and had the issue where the freeflight 6 app would start up and then simply abort during the process to connect the controller to the drone. It would then self start the app again. I called parrot directly and talked to a tech. We messed with it for over an hour and finally figured it out.

The newest version of freeflight 6 (from the app store on your phone) is version 6.6.4.0 came out on FEB 14, 2019. It seems to have an issue with the connection process, especially if you have the older firmware on the controller or anaifi. What he recommended was removing the current version and installing the previous version from APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ. NOTE: The app store for your phone only has the current version. In apkmirror, search for freeflight 6 and you'll get a list of all the older versions. Try downloading and installing the previous version 6.6.3.2 (Dec 20, 2018 version).

Once installed turn on the controller, connect it to the phone via a usb cable (the app should start automatically), and then turn on the anafi. From there the controller and drone will connect. The next step after that should be an update of your controller firmware followed by an update to the anafi firmware. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. The problem is fixed with the firmware. If that all goes well then you should be on the screen with the 'FLY' button highlighted in green.

ALSO: be sure that your phone is not set to automatically update to re-install the latest version of freeflight 6 or you might be right back where you started.

Anyway, that worked for me. Hope it helps.
What is an "older version" ?
What was your FW/SC3 version after buying and before updating with this method?

Force stop the app then turn on the drone then controller then the app. Mine won't connect any other way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut