Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question about “ follow me”

Northumbrian

Reaction score
Can’t quite get my head around follow me....does it rely on phone GPS on the person being followed?
When you create the box around the object to follow, how do I ensure it responds to elevation change ? ( don’t fancy the drone face planting into the side of a hill !)
Cheers...

Good questions. I'm thinking it is optical tracking of the person in the triangle since they don't have to have the controller to be tracked. I would think it would take some very sophisticated programming to use the phone gps, data for the location of the object in the triangle based on drawing the triangle and it's angle/distance from both the phone and drone.

I'm sure someone that knows a lot more about it will have the answer so I'll be watching this thread.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
@pmh1nic is correct. It is primarily based on visual tracking; apparently it does also have the ability to utilise GPS tracking also, but the only times I have seen this work is when it is tracking a vehicle. Apparently, there is a slightly different start to the Follow Me mode when you trace around a car or vehicle, where it actually asks if it is a vehicle that needs tracking. I haven't tried this out as yet, but will during this week.

Reactions: pmh1nic
I’m pretty new to the Anafi, but I’ve been using it almost exclusively in follow-me mode so I think I can answer this question.

Anafi uses both visual and GPS tracking in follow-me mode. I don’t know for sure, but I believe that the visual tracking is primarily used to keep the subject centred in the frame.

I’ve lost visual tracking many times, and the drone is able to continue to follow when this happens. However when visual tracking is lost, the drone seems to not centre the subject as precisely as it does when visual tracking is active.

If someone out there knows more on this subject, please jump in and educate us all!

I’m pretty new to the Anafi, but I’ve been using it almost exclusively in follow-me mode so I think I can answer this question.

Anafi uses both visual and GPS tracking in follow-me mode. I don’t know for sure, but I believe that the visual tracking is primarily used to keep the subject centred in the frame.

I’ve lost visual tracking many times, and the drone is able to continue to follow when this happens. However when visual tracking is lost, the drone seems to not centre the subject as precisely as it does when visual tracking is active.

If someone out there knows more on this subject, please jump in and educate us all!

Oops, just saw that this was posted in the bebop forum... sorry...

Can’t quite get my head around follow me....does it rely on phone GPS on the person being followed?
When you create the box around the object to follow, how do I ensure it responds to elevation change ? ( don’t fancy the drone face planting into the side of a hill !)
Cheers...

I believe The bebop 2 will not hit the ground. It is designed to only touch the ground when you tell it to by hitting land or holding the down stick until it lands. That being said it's not perfect. If you came upon a sudden elevation change it could strike the ground. Also it does not have object detection so it would strike an object in it's path. Here's a video I shot of my car.

A quote from this page. "the Parrot Bebop 2 Power & ANAFI drones combine visual tracking (real-time visual tracking with 720p video feedback) with your smartphone’s GPS coordinates to help you best position yourself in the image"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame