Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sad Day - Lost Anafi USA

I received a response from parrot support today they have requested the flight data - I had told them previously it did not register or log flight
I just called them and explained that it never recorded the flight so I have no data to share with them -
I did send them a screenshot of flights - that showed no flights for the day the anafi was lost

In speaking with customer support I mentioned that I thought the flight data would only be recorded & logged after flight was completed???
He had told me that it should record as I was flying - is this true?

This is exactly what happened to me. They are asking for a Flight Log that they know will not be there if my version of events is true. It is kind of frustrating.

Augustine, I am now looking for a screen recorder for my iPad and will add it to my pre-flight checklist.

Augustine, I am now looking for a screen recorder for my iPad and will add it to my pre-flight checklist.
Depending on what iOS you are on it should be standard. I know they did not allow screen recordings in early versions of iOS so hopefully you have a newer iPad.

This is exactly what happened to me. They are asking for a Flight Log that they know will not be there if my version of events is true. It is kind of frustrating.

I will cross my fingers for both of us then and hope for the best

Well I heard back from support today - again they are asking me to share flight log via cloud - I have already explained it did record data
I did send them screen shot of flights showing on the day drone was lost there was no flight log
I have also have spoken to them and explained this on a couple of occasions
I just dont understand what they want, am I missing something?

I suspect they are giving you the run around like they did me. Today I got an email had been resolved! They rejected my case because they couldn't find my flight data. This despite me providing everything on earth that they asked for. I even sent them the json file. They said "we don't accept json files." I can post the very long email chain if anyone wants to read it. I don'-t what to do about it.

I feel for you and sorry to hear that they rejected your case and have given you the run around.
Don't know if it will change the outcome but I would suggest that maybe you try to reach a supervisor & have it escalated for further review
Seems a bit unfair how they handle this as the 1st level of support does not really fully understand the Anafi & are the only ones taking calls
I can appreciate why they want and need the data - but seems to me they should figure out how to capture it in real time instead of after flight
Just my opinion,
I will let you know how my case goes

I suspect they are giving you the run around like they did me. Today I got an email had been resolved! They rejected my case because they couldn't find my flight data. This despite me providing everything on earth that they asked for. I even sent them the json file. They said "we don't accept json files." I can post the very long email chain if anyone wants to read it. I don'-t what to do about it.

I am in the same boat with you. I could not produce a flight log since my Anafi Thermal had power loss at 325 AGL and fell. It will not power on to complete the Flight Log. I too received Resolved Email, but I wrote back and explained my case again. I also have a pending Support Case for my Anafi Work which has several issues while using Pix4D Capture that were absent until 1.6.5 and above.

My Public Safety Job will not allow me to use any Anafi anymore. I use my private drones to supplement our small fleet and am allowed to as long as I have proper insurance. But after the crash and accident report it was deemed an unnecessary risk to use any Anafi since we are an urban area and the odds of a falling Anafi hitting something or someone is high. We were thinking of adding 2 Anafi Thermals for quick response sUAS, but will have to consider a competitor.

At this point I am not even that upset or emotional. This for me is business. Since they will not honor their warranty, then I will follow this as far as I can, but even if they resolve this at this point between not standing up to their warranty obligations and the fact that this platform has serious safety issues, it is best that I move on to another solution. I have not flown my Anafi Work since the Thermal crashed and it will only be used as a training drone in wide open, safe areas in the future.

Reactions: Thanev
After having 2 rc aircraft fall from the sky (unexpected-of course) I have come to the realization that ANY drone or other rc aircraft can suffer catastrophic failure at any given time.This has lead me to continue enjoying my flights with the major caveat being to NEVER fly over anything that could suffer damage or loss from the failure of one of my aircraft. I have expanded the size of my safety envelope to accommodate failure with forward momentum factored in as well.
Failure of anything we try to control,at any given time,can happen,and we need to be prepared for such.I fly 28 aircraft and 2 dji drones besides my Anafi(which was replaced by Parrot after a catastrophic failure) and prepare myself for failure with any of them at any given time.
I do not think the Anafi is more prone to failure than any of my other aircraft,but treat it as a loaded firearm regardless...
Not getting a timely reply from the manufacturer on the above incidents(as has happened many times before with Parrot support) does raise some concerns,and yes,I feel it would be prudent to back-off from using the Anafi in your safety related field of employment. I would do exactly the same.

Last edited:

I had received another email from support last Thursday asking for flight data once again
I called them on Friday and said again it did not record due to the fact it never completed fight and did not upload to My Flights in FF^
So they asked me to share 4 or 5 flights just prior to malfunction or Lost Drone incident - they do have screen shot showing last known location with date and time
I followed their instructions and it actually sent all my recent flights - around 200 or so
Today I received a response that the flight in question was not found because I did not share or upload properly to cloud server
In addition support said " However, please note that we will be escalating the case seeking an exception for the warranty claim, which might be approved and might be denied"
So I will wait and see - I'm not complaining but wow - i have explained all this numerous times, both on phone and in support ticket emails

I had received another email from support last Thursday asking for flight data once again
I called them on Friday and said again it did not record due to the fact it never completed fight and did not upload to My Flights in FF^
So they asked me to share 4 or 5 flights just prior to malfunction or Lost Drone incident - they do have screen shot showing last known location with date and time
I followed their instructions and it actually sent all my recent flights - around 200 or so
Today I received a response that the flight in question was not found because I did not share or upload properly to cloud server
In addition support said " However, please note that we will be escalating the case seeking an exception for the warranty claim, which might be approved and might be denied"
So I will wait and see - I'm not complaining but wow - i have explained all this numerous times, both on phone and in support ticket emails

Welcome to my world.
Try living in Canada where they took all my left over parts but would not ship a new Anafi back to Canada, making me find some nice member on here to ship it to me at my expense. Over 4 months I went back and forth with those guys. I feel sorry for you having to go through all this BS.
Parrot needs and new CEO to run that company. They are the worse for customer support of any drone manufacturer out there......even worse then DJI and thats pretty bad :)

Reactions: BRC
Welcome to my world.
Try living in Canada where they took all my left over parts but would not ship a new Anafi back to Canada, making me find some nice member on here to ship it to me at my expense. Over 4 months I went back and forth with those guys. I feel sorry for you having to go through all this BS.
Parrot needs and new CEO to run that company. They are the worse for customer support of any drone manufacturer out there......even worse then DJI and thats pretty bad :)
I eventually got a replacement through warranty when mine fell from the sky.Literrally hundreds of phone calls as email was never replied to.And yes,had to arrange a freind in U.S.to send replacement to me.
I will never buy another Parrot product,and have convinced others to stay away as well.I went so far as to help sell DJI product while at a local retailer in the drone section.

Well i just heard from Parrot and they will be honoring warranty on this lost bird from my OP-
Pleasant surprise and very good news as they came thru for me again
I guess persistence and patience pays off
Why for me and not others I cannot explain

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood