Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Second Slave Display

BigNutz

Reaction score
Hey Yo's

Has anyone tried this, or is there an OTS solution to integrate a second display into the system, simply for another person to observe?

I currently use a SkyController 2 with an Amazon Fire I use exclusively for use with the drone. I know it's not as easy as splitting an analog signal, but is there a way you can split a microUSB?

USB connection to the smart device uses video data transmission over FTP connection. It is not a pure analogue connection. Maybe using a USB 2/3 port hub you can connect the 1st to that smartphone/tablet you already use, and then connect the other port to a laptop, using a USB to Ethernet adapter. This is not tested, it is just an idea.
Another idea that is simpler is to use mirroring to a tv but this again is not tested and may have use only using a car as supply!

That's a good idear, and a actually gave me an idea. It's asking a lot of the not-so-geat processor of the Amazon Fire 7 which I bought simply to act as the Bebop 2 display and run the apps related to that, but maybe.

I'm all about using screen casting via Google and a few other 3rd party versions to my TV. I would assume this is a thing, but can an Android tablet screen-cast to another Android device?

I already know the answer to that as I think through it, with AirDroid having that functionality. That's kind of a chunky heavy app for just one function, I bet there is a lighter, one that doesn't require a tremendous amount of the Fire's resources. I don't want to risk pushing it too far and causing an inflight application crash.

I'll go hunting, be right back! [emoji2089]

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I'm back!

There are a few apps made to do this, offering varying levels of sophistication. However, all of them rely wholly on the two devices being connected to the same WiFi network. The question I have: does this method simply use the channel between the two devices directly? Or the more likely scenario, is the app dependent on the wifi router to coordinate the handshake and manage the data throughput?

For the first option, it really depends on whether or not the WiFi radio on the Bebop 2 would be willing and able to establish a connection with more than one device. I'd be surprised if it did based on all the crazy of two distinct competing sets of inputs which would happen if it did.

Oh well, more testing, I'll give that a try maybe later today.

The easiest way that I have found to do this on a Android system is use a program called DU Recorder. Not sure if it is still free but you should be able to search for the APK file on the web if not on google play anymore. It has options to live feed to different social media platforms. So the observer would have to be logged into something like facebook or Youtube to monitor your flight. If no Wi-Fi is available you would have to use a Data plan which could get expensive if you don't have unlimited.

I'm back!

There are a few apps made to do this, offering varying levels of sophistication. However, all of them rely wholly on the two devices being connected to the same WiFi network. The question I have: does this method simply use the channel between the two devices directly? Or the more likely scenario, is the app dependent on the wifi router to coordinate the handshake and manage the data throughput?

For the first option, it really depends on whether or not the WiFi radio on the Bebop 2 would be willing and able to establish a connection with more than one device. I'd be surprised if it did based on all the crazy of two distinct competing sets of inputs which would happen if it did.

Oh well, more testing, I'll give that a try maybe later today.

One WiFi connection will be bebop to skycontroller2. Connect the USB cable. Then establish another WiFi connection using 2 smartphones/tablets. These will be connected to another router. Use any android app uses ScreenShare technology, look at the playstore. If you use Samsung you can mirror with SideSync.
So the answer to mirroring between 2 android smartphones/tablets is yes.
Also you can connect many smart devices to bebop's WiFi but only one (the first) can get the video stream, the others will remain black screen. So in your case the 1st is Skycontroller2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator