Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shade/Hood Compatibility with SkyController 3

VonZipper

Reaction score
Is anybody using a Shade for their Smartphone display with their Skycontroller 3? If so, what are you using. The only one that I've seen that looks like it might work well right out of the box is the Freewell Monitor Hood. Any experience with that hood or any others?

Thanks, Eric

You can make one yourself in black cardboard or an old cardboard box. You must keep in mind that it should be customized in size for your phone / tablet. Having fun with glue and scissors.

Regards Leif.

I use this type of sunshade for my samsung tablet,iphone and android phone,no issues,easy to install or to remove

That's certainly a nice product. Looks like it's out of stock right now on Amazon. Maybe somebody else is carrying them? I'll look around.

Thanks!

Made two of them, one for my phone and one for my tablet out of foam board and duct tape. Not pretty but works just the same. Cost me about 3 bucks to make both. :)

I may do a custom, homemade shade. I'll have to wait until the Anafi is delivered to see how everything lays out...

Thanks, Eric

You can make one yourself in black cardboard or an old cardboard box. You must keep in mind that it should be customized in size for your phone / tablet. Having fun with glue and scissors.

Regards Leif.

Thanks, Leif.

I may try to make one on my own. I'll first have to wait until the Anafi is delivered (hopefully on Wednesday) and then decide on which phone I'm going to go with. I'm in the market for a new phone. My old I-phone 6 has been acting up lately. I think Apple is trying to tell me it's time to buy a new phone! Seems to happen like clockwork when I become due for an upgrade...

Thanks, Eric

Hello,
I adapted an existing one that is normally dedicated to the Mavic Pro/Air.
I needed a holder for my iPad 4 Mini with a neck strap and a shade. I also needed it to be foldable to fit in my small DSLR bag pack with the Anafi, and could also adapt the Bluetooth GPS (Garmin Glo) that communicates with the iPad... as it is a WiFi iPad only.
So I did that : Home made iPad 4 mini holder and sun shade for Anafi and it works fine for me

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I thought I better search for whether there was a topic about sun hoods for the Skycontroller 3. Sure enough, there was!

Thanks @MustangPhil for sharing photo's of what you did. I have the exact same tablet holder, so will just whip up a home-made cardboard & gaffers tape version too! :)

Thanks @Krusty Geeza,
I do not regret this little setting for my iPad 4 Mini.
If I had to make another one, I would add a feature to prevent the SkyController 3 antenna+iPad+shade to rotate around the axis of the body of the RC (like when you close the SK3).
The weight of the iPad4 and the SunShade tends to induce this motion when you move with the setting fixed on the neck strap.
I think I will modify a little my setting to prevent this.
(Sorry my English is far from perfect and it may seem unclear)

Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame