Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Similar to Anafi but not DJI?

San2C

Reaction score
Since my Anafi mysteriously became unusable, I am on the hunt for a non DJI drone similar to Anafi. Any ideas? I already have a Mavic mini, but I want a small light weight drone that doesn't have flight restrictions. I really like the small size, light weight, and of course the image quality, but since Parrot does not support Anafi anymore, I am done with them. Thanks for any tips.

"Anafi mysteriously became unusuable"?
I read your posts before: you had the vertical camera error and a not moving gimbal.
Thats not a mystery, but most likely the result of a crash.

I have it for sale in classifieds here. Take a look. Look crashed to you? You think I would state what I did if I had a crash?

Last edited:
"Anafi mysteriously became unusuable"?
I read your posts before: you had the vertical camera error and a not moving gimbal.
Thats not a mystery, but most likely the result of a crash.
I had no crash either. Similar issue. Gimbal just won't move on start-up. Mine landed with one leg on the landing pad and gimbal never worked after that.

Sadly, there is none like Anafi.

I went with a Fimi 2020 but have to cope with a constant crooked gimbal. It is feature packed but I miss being able to fly Anafi. There is a lot of jerking with the Fimi, Anafi's flight characteristics were smoother. Even though it has in-flight Flight planning (a feature missing on Anafi), Anafi's offline flight planning is unmatched.

Last edited:
Reactions: San2C
I was on fire to get a Fimi X8 a while back but gearbest couldn't come through so I cancelled the order. It's very disappointing that Parrot has completely abandoned Anafi owners.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Since my Anafi mysteriously became unusable, I am on the hunt for a non DJI drone similar to Anafi. Any ideas? I already have a Mavic mini, but I want a small light weight drone that doesn't have flight restrictions. I really like the small size, light weight, and of course the image quality, but since Parrot does not support Anafi anymore, I am done with them. Thanks for any tips.
Check out the Hubsan Zino Mini Pro. Much like the early Anafi, the software is half baked but getting better. Judge it by most recent reviews running the latest firmware. The Anafi is really good; if Hubsan gets there is anyone's guess. Also much like Parrot, there seems to be little warranty support.

Most of the more serious early issues are fixed or improved (jello, usb disconnects seemingly, obstacle avoidance, missing features.)
Good luck!

Reactions: San2C
Thanks! That seems very comparable, possibly even better if it doesn't crap out after a year.

I had no crash either. Similar issue. Gimbal just won't move on start-up. Mine landed with one leg on the landing pad and gimbal never worked after that.

Sadly, there is none like Anafi.

I went with a Fimi 2020 but have to cope with a constant crooked gimbal. It is feature packed but I miss being able to fly Anafi. There is a lot of jerking with the Fimi, Anafi's flight characteristics were smoother. Even though it has in-flight Flight planning (a feature missing on Anafi), Anafi's offline flight planning is unmatched.
zandoli,
perhaps the word "crash" implicates or may be understood as an incidence with destroid or heavily damaged Anafi.
But the main reason for the vertical camera error or the not moving gimbal (and some other problems) is an internal connector with bad electrical contact due to a mechanical shock.
If you call this event crash (as I did) or "mine landed with one leg ..." doesn't matter:
A connector was slightly displaced due to a mechanical shock.
Good news: most Anafis with these problems can be repaired.

I opened my Anafi yesterday and saw that it had a pretty robust metal retainer holding the main connector in place. If most Anafi's with this problem can be repaired why isn't Parrot doing anything to facilitate repair?

I opened my Anafi yesterday and saw that it had a pretty robust metal retainer holding the main connector in place. If most Anafi's with this problem can be repaired why isn't Parrot doing anything to facilitate repair?
In your case check the vertical camera connector and the gimbal ribbon and gimbal connector.
What is Parrot doing: don't know.

I'm done fiddling around with this thing. And I know exactly what parrot is doing, they're completely denying any owners or repair companies. I went through the ringer with them after telling them first thing that I wasn't looking for warranty service I just wanted to get the thing fixed. Then after providing all kinds of documentation and proof of this and that, they tell me I'm out of warranty, LOL.

So then I contact a repair company that I've used in the past and they have to contact parrot to see how they're going to be able to help them. So of course Parrot through them asks for all that same stuff, and ultimately says the same thing, that it's not covered by the warranty. I noticed recently on parrots website that they don't even have an included warranty for the anafi. Seems like they've completely abandoned support of it which is weird because they're still selling it.

zandoli,
perhaps the word "crash" implicates or may be understood as an incidence with destroid or heavily damaged Anafi.
But the main reason for the vertical camera error or the not moving gimbal (and some other problems) is an internal connector with bad electrical contact due to a mechanical shock.
If you call this event crash (as I did) or "mine landed with one leg ..." doesn't matter:
A connector was slightly displaced due to a mechanical shock.
Good news: most Anafis with these problems can be repaired.
I sent to Drone nerds, the cost quoted for repair was way too much, could have gotten a refurb at that price point. I also opened it and reassembled but could not get it working.
One leg off a landing pad on grass should not cause such a major issue. Anafi fails in that regard.

I'm done fiddling around with this thing. And I know exactly what parrot is doing, they're completely denying any owners or repair companies. I went through the ringer with them after telling them first thing that I wasn't looking for warranty service I just wanted to get the thing fixed. Then after providing all kinds of documentation and proof of this and that, they tell me I'm out of warranty, LOL.

So then I contact a repair company that I've used in the past and they have to contact parrot to see how they're going to be able to help them. So of course Parrot through them asks for all that same stuff, and ultimately says the same thing, that it's not covered by the warranty. I noticed recently on parrots website that they don't even have an included warranty for the anafi. Seems like they've completely abandoned support of it which is weird because they're still selling it.
But sadly, as I dig further on alternatives, the Parrot Anafi still meets my personal use almost perfectly.
Give me $50 batteries and available spare parts then I would buy nothing but those; add Ocusync like range and obstacle avoidance then I would buy a new Anafi. Both those options are not on the table.

But sadly, as I dig further on alternatives, the Parrot Anafi still meets my personal use almost perfectly.
Give me $50 batteries and available spare parts then I would buy nothing but those; add Ocusync like range and obstacle avoidance then I would buy a new Anafi. Both those options are not on the table.
Exactly.

...and if the price is right, I may still hop on a refurb and use the other for parts.
Anafi is in a class of it's own. We consumers were only used for testing.

I sent to Drone nerds, the cost quoted for repair was way too much, could have gotten a refurb at that price point. I also opened it and reassembled but could not get it working.
One leg off a landing pad on grass should not cause such a major issue. Anafi fails in that regard.
Yeah, I sent a low altitude crashed Anafi to them and they said $500. for repair. How is that even possible?

Exactly.

...and if the price is right, I may still hop on a refurb and use the other for parts.
Anafi is in a class of it's own. We consumers were only used for testing.
Beware of refurbished Anafi. I have bought maybe 3 or 4 and they all developed gimbal issues either right away or eventually.

I have a couple of Anafi. The camera is so delicate. I went ahead and
I bought a gimbal protector.

Plus I use the original case within another case that I bought on Ebay.

$500 for repairs is highway robbery. Sell the parts and buy a brand new one.
Some people on Ebay sell parts Too.

The issue is that Parrot provides ZERO support for Anafi, a drone that they're still selling. I'd never buy anything from them again.

This is very sad news because a properly working Anafi is a great drone. I'm not buying anything new until the remote ID "stuff" is finalized and in place. If my Anafi or Mavic Pro can't be upgraded to meet the RID requirements I'm hoping Parrot will have a new drone that does. I don't want to be stuck with DJI as the only option.

Yes, it's a major bummer. I have a Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Mini, and EVO, but I need something light weight that doesn't have the DJI flight restrictions. It's ridiculous that we can't take a drone up 20-40 feet just because were under a commercial airport flight path which is nowhere near that altitude.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame