Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sky controller 2 .... will not switch on,

Northumbrian

Reaction score
Here we go, seems I am joining the list of peeps havining bother with SC 2’s.
Flown the Bebop2 once, no issues, 2 weeks later I give it another go, and this is the sequence of events,
At home,
I pad connected to SC2 (in airplane mode)
Switch in Bebop 2, wait till it goes through it’s start up mode.
Switch on SC2, , red light comes on, I pad starts to look for app then , light goes out on SC2.
Try to restart SC2, ..... nothing.
So, think it may need charging, so after 1 hr, charged...... but SC2 will not start.
Yes, it’s the cylindrical battery, black nobbed version.

Ideas anyone ????????

I had a similar thing happen with the first SC2 I had. I found that unplugging the battery for a few seconds & re-plugging it seemed to fix it, and I was able to restart the controller. No idea whether the problem would have recurred though as I exchanged the whole kit a couple of days later though as the drone also had a problem.

So far the new SC2 - which on the face of it seems identical, with black sticks & cylindrical battery - has been fine. Have flown many flights - must be well over 90 minutes - and battery is still at 50%. Will just have to wait and see if any problems emerge down the track...

I had a similar thing happen with the first SC2 I had. I found that unplugging the battery for a few seconds & re-plugging it seemed to fix it, and I was able to restart the controller. No idea whether the problem would have recurred though as I exchanged the whole kit a couple of days later though as the drone also had a problem.

So far the new SC2 - which on the face of it seems identical, with black sticks & cylindrical battery - has been fine. Have flown many flights - must be well over 90 minutes - and battery is still at 50%. Will just have to wait and see if any problems emerge down the track...

I did open the battery compartment but just had a quick poke about ( loose connection check) but nothing.
I’ve been in touch with Parrot and awaiting reply.
( am tempted to disconnect battery and retry, however if it did come on, I would be worried if it failed again.... maybe in flight ?)
Watch this space !

Here we go, seems I am joining the list of peeps havining bother with SC 2’s.
Flown the Bebop2 once, no issues, 2 weeks later I give it another go, and this is the sequence of events,
At home,
I pad connected to SC2 (in airplane mode)
Switch in Bebop 2, wait till it goes through it’s start up mode.
Switch on SC2, , red light comes on, I pad starts to look for app then , light goes out on SC2.
Try to restart SC2, ..... nothing.
So, think it may need charging, so after 1 hr, charged...... but SC2 will not start.
Yes, it’s the cylindrical battery, black nobbed version.

Ideas anyone ????????

Several people on this forum have had issues with the SC 2, myself included.
In most of the cases, Parrot replaces the whole FPV kit.
I don't know how Parrot handles warranty claims.
I sent mine back and the replacement was the older SC 2, 2700 battery, cockpit glasses 1.
Other people on here are getting a mix of replacements. Power batteries, power drones, etc.

As I stated on previous posts, I got a new FPV Pack with the white FPV Goggles and the Skycontroller with the black sticks and cylindrical battery with the Power battery and 5 pin charger along with a 4 pin lead for Skycontroller :mad::mad: Just this evening found a 5 pin charger and lead for the Skycontroller on Amazon for £28+ so have purchased it after the company I bought the BB2 from offered me a £45 refund to source a lead or charger myself as there was nothing they could do and they are supposed to be authorised Parrot Dealers! So I am going on to them tomorrow to try and get more of a refund as I have had the kit for a week and unable to do anything with it. Not very good customer service in my opinion. After reading all the comments about problems I am having serious doubts about keeping the BB2 as much as I want to because I feel it has so much better spec than anything else for the price.

Eckydrone,
I hope you get everything worked out.
I believe if you ever do get to be able to fly the bebop 2 you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for that Scott511. I keep watching all the Youtube vids and everybody seems so impressed with it which keeps me wanting it.

Keep watching, mate. Hopefully all will turn out ok for you in a shorter time than it has for me. I'm not in the air yet though.

Parrot got back to me today, asked me to disconnect battery then reconnect ( told me this can sometimes help re-instate the controller) after this suggested connecting controller to phone via cable and re installing thru the app.

Well, did the battery disconnect, pressed start button....... nothing ( however, if I hold button down button flashes red, release button and nothing.
Could not manage a connection using cable ( probs due to controller not starting up)
Anyhows..... mailed Parrot back and awaiting next move.
Again.... watch this space.

Parrot told me to contact the distributor, I did they sent another full FPV unit out next day delivery and the NG one goes back tomorrow.....all is good.... fingers crossed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut