Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 3 update error

I suspect the phone's operating system version. I faced the same dilema until my OS was updated. Your alternate phone/device had a compatible OS version which in turn 'woke up' your SC3 & let its' update complete. Now that it's stable don't ever update it again until it's absolutely needed. My $0.02 ;) .

Last edited:
I agree - you should be able to find the SC3 cheaply as that is the most common item people will have left.
Guten Tag ich habe einen Update durchgeführt Und war erfolgreich da muss man allerdings den Skye Kontrolle noch an einen alten Samsung Tablett anschließen oder an einem Samsung Handy Mit einem Micro USB Anschluss dann hab ich das erfolgreich installieren können da wo ist man am Anfang Sky Controller auf und zu und auf und zu klappen dann war alles in Ordnung

Hi everybody!
Unfortunately i have to add up on this issue.
I got the same problem on my SC3 since an failed update via FreeFlight 6
Since then the status led on the controller blinks white, and does not connect to the drone anymore.
Its not recognized by connected phones with FreeFlight 6 as well.

I have literally tried everything, that was mentioned so far:
  • checked the solder joints of the USB-connectors
  • let the battery drain and give it a full recharge with different power adapters
  • tried to connect different phones to get the controller out of its current state (including iPhones as well as android devices with USB-C and USB-micro connectors)
    connected the controller directly to the anafi via USB
  • connected the controller to MACs and PCs (its not recognized)
Somehow i was able to get into a mode, where the led blinks colorfully (green, purple, red, blue or so) - in this mode the controller is recognized as android device on Windows.
Maybee some kind of Bootloder-Mode?
But after all that does not solve anything... After a restart the controller is in the "white blinking"-mode again.

best wishes

Hi everybody!
Unfortunately i have to add up on this issue.
I got the same problem on my SC3 since an failed update via FreeFlight 6
Since then the status led on the controller blinks white, and does not connect to the drone anymore.
Its not recognized by connected phones with FreeFlight 6 as well.

I have literally tried everything, that was mentioned so far:
  • checked the solder joints of the USB-connectors
  • let the battery drain and give it a full recharge with different power adapters
  • tried to connect different phones to get the controller out of its current state (including iPhones as well as android devices with USB-C and USB-micro connectors)
    connected the controller directly to the anafi via USB
  • connected the controller to MACs and PCs (its not recognized)
Somehow i was able to get into a mode, where the led blinks colorfully (green, purple, red, blue or so) - in this mode the controller is recognized as android device on Windows.
Maybee some kind of Bootloder-Mode?
But after all that does not solve anything... After a restart the controller is in the "white blinking"-mode again.

best wishes
Have you tried a hard reset of controller

A factory reset procedure is available for the Skycontroller 3:
1. Press and hold down simultaneously the Shutter, Optics reset, and Take-off / landing buttons.
2. After 10 seconds, the LED of the Skycontroller 3 blinks quickly in white.
3. Hold the same 3 buttons down for 5 more seconds (15 seconds in total) to complete a factory reset and reboot.

Have you tried a hard reset of controller

A factory reset procedure is available for the Skycontroller 3:
1. Press and hold down simultaneously the Shutter, Optics reset, and Take-off / landing buttons.
2. After 10 seconds, the LED of the Skycontroller 3 blinks quickly in white.
3. Hold the same 3 buttons down for 5 more seconds (15 seconds in total) to complete a factory reset and reboot.
Oh sorry - yes of course.
I think this was the first thing i tried, as it is the only "potential solution" for the problem i found in parrots documentation.
Long story short: Nothing happens when i keep pressing these three buttons. The LED keeps blinking slowly in white.

One other thing i came across while trying to reset it by pressing buttons:
if i hold down the RTH button the LED blinks white-green-black.
the ON-duration of the led stays the same, but the second half of the ON-period is green.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut