Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Small range of video feedback during flight

lipkerson

Reaction score
Hi

I have brand new Parrot Bebop 1 and skycontroller 1. I use Free Flight Pro on my smartphone. Everything is ok but one thing is strange. When i fly, above 60-100 meters from my skycontroller, video feedback on my phone is very ustable. Lag all the time with many artifacts on video. On closer ranges eveything is ok. I fly on playing field where there is no other wifi in range. Skycontroller have 2 km range but that meens that i can control the drone from 2 km? Or live feed back is assured ? That is huge differance. Right now I am scared that I will lose my drone when the live video feedback is lost. !00 meters is not enought.

Have You simmilar experiance? How far your live feedback is stable?
Thx.

The video feed is the first thing to be lost. The drone may still be controllable through the smartphone but of course you can't see the result so the only thing to do is initiate RTH. Just because there is no WiFi interference nearby does not mean that there is no other interference causing the problem. There are lots of possible sources of interference.

Agreed: 100 meters is really bad, but it may be entirely due to your flight environment. Try again far out in the country with no villages near.

I use a xiaomi nano router instead of skycontroller 1 and have bad breakup at 800-1000ft. when I yaw left or right. I could fly about 1 mile before disconnect on some days more. I fly into a open grapevinyard from a school softball field with many houses with WiFi. Yes try a different location in the country side and see how that goes.

I also noticed a flashing red WiFi icon on my smartphone when using the sky controller 2. I contacted the people working at parrot and the have never seen this red WiFi icon. I believe it’s a warning icon that you are in heavy WiFi interference. After seeing this icon on my smartphone a couple of times I got disconnected.

Last edited:
I use a xiaomi nano router instead of skycontroller 1 and have bad breakup at 800-1000ft. when I yaw left or right. I could fly about 1 mile before disconnect on some days more. I fly into a open grapevinyard from a school softball field with many houses with WiFi. Yes try a different location in the country side and see how that goes.

I also noticed a flashing red WiFi icon on my smartphone when using the sky controller 2. I contacted the people working at parrot and the have never seen this red WiFi icon. I believe it’s a warning icon that you are in heavy WiFi interference. After seeing this icon on my smartphone a couple of times I got disconnected.
I’m also having problems with connection whilst flying if I go barely 100mtrs away the video breaks up and I loose connection and this is using a sky controller too I’ve tried it over a field but get the same results any ideas

I’m also having problems with connection whilst flying if I go barely 100mtrs away the video breaks up and I loose connection and this is using a sky controller too I’ve tried it over a field but get the same results any ideas
Are you in 2.4ghz.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut