Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Switching from 2.4 ghz to 5.8 ghz

What happens if the drone tries to return to the controller location when it's GPS location puts is thousands of miles away? :)

What happens if the drone tries to return to the controller location when it's GPS location puts is thousands of miles away? :)
The rth back on anafi takeoff gps not the smarthphone gps. Fake gps only for enable the FCC after this pause and the smarthphone gps work normally in the freeflight app.Skycontroller integrate only the compass magnetometer not the gps.

Last edited:
The rth back on anafi takeoff gps not the smarthphone gps. Fake gps only for active the FCC after this pause and the smarthphone gps work normally in the freeflight app.Skycontroller integrate only the compass magnetometer not the gps.
Yes, if use of your way in post #17 with step 4.
But what about Grim Reapers description?

Solaris hate the anafi i see a lot of bad comment on every youtube post.For now fakegps work good.
Sorry fo my bad english.
Solaris said same thing about parrot disco....he made mod for every parrot product,i dont think its in him to stop now.....and its good for us ?

Solaris said same thing about parrot disco....he made mod for every parrot product,i dont think its in him to stop now.....and its good for us ?
For now this is the first antenna mod avaiable:
over 3km in CE mode compared to 1km in normal antenna
in FCC mode on normal antenna is 3,2km
with antenna mod i think is 6km in FCC.

Last edited:
A few more pics.. I used WiFi Analyzer to see if I could tell if there was a difference in output power between CE mode and FCC mode.
Inconclusive at this time.
Here's a scan with the Anafi in CE mode.. My Router is on Ch6 just behind the TV in the same room.View attachment 183
In FCC mode.. there was no difference, the plots were the same as in CE at 2.4GHz.
FCC mode with the Anafi set to Ch 48, this 'should' be limited to 1W (The router should be limited to 200mW)
View attachment 184
And now with the Anafi set to Ch 153, this 'should' be limited to 4W.
View attachment 185
I need to try this again outside away from other WiFi sources with some distance between the sniffer and the transmitter to see if there is a noticeable difference between 100mW (CE) and 4W (FCC) @ 2.4GHz

Hey mate I'm pretty sure the transmit dbm power comes from the controller not the drone. What your seeing in your test is the drones SSID which will have some transmit power but not as much as the controller. You need some kind of Triband tester to measure the power coming from the controller. Im from australia and im trying to get FCC enabled as i'm pretty sure Australia is CE mode

Hi all.
I try to set FCC mode, with Android, but no way.
In a different forum i read that it's no more possible, with last updates. It's true?

Hi all.
I try to set FCC mode, with Android, but no way.
In a different forum i read that it's no more possible, with last updates. It's true?
I have all updated and work great in fcc 5.8g manual set to 165 channel. Fakegps trick with old galaxy s6 and android 5.1.1.you need to stay offline from internet restart smarthphone open fakegps point to u.s.a. connect skycontroller powerup anafi manual set 165 channel without close freeflight go in fakegps pause it.

Last edited:
I never managed to get the 5.8 channels to display even with fakegps.

I never managed to get the 5.8 channels to display even with fakegps.
You need to stay offline from internet to work fakegps trick. If not work try to uninstall and install freeflight or clear freeglight data go offline and try my tutorial.

I am in airplane mode, no SIM in the phone, cleared app data, rebooted phone, fakegps on, but still no dice.

I am in airplane mode, no SIM in the phone, cleared app data, rebooted phone, fakegps on, but still no dice.
The wifii is off? Try to open minimap in the freeflight see if you point in the u.s.a. then see if 5ghz is on. The first time [after reset app data and restart smarthphone] powerup first skycontroller open minimap with fakegps on u.s.a. then powerup anafi in the house [no gps] and see if 5ghz is active.

Last edited:
Yes everything is off. So much that since the app data is cleared I have no map data.
Google Maps puts me in the US.
FF6 always initially puts me next to the aircraft's last known location when launched, aka in my actual place, can have something to do with it. Only when I go into the full map view does the controller location jump away to what fakegps is set to.

Yes everything is off. So much that since the app data is cleared I have no map data.
Google Maps puts me in the US.
FF6 always initially puts me next to the aircraft's last known location when launched, aka in my actual place, can have something to do with it. Only when I go into the full map view does the controller location jump away to what fakegps is set to.
If you clear app data and the aircraft is inside house (with no gps)the aircraft location must be near africa if not try to uninstall app and install again and repeat all procedures. This is my actual setting and works:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-20-12-13-15.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-20-12-13-15.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thanks. I will give it a try.
Important is to manual set channel 165 and not push 5ghz button. If you see my screenshot no one use this channel and i m in the city mid of lot of buildings with 6 floors:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-20-14-48-21.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-20-14-48-21.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 41

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow