Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Switching from 2.4 ghz to 5.8 ghz

The channel you select should be based on whichever has the least amount of traffic on it.
I was in Vietnam last week and the 2.4GHz band was choc full of wifi access point signals, so much that I couldn't fly more than 20 metres without getting the poor signal alert on the display.
The 5GHz band for channels 149 upover were busy as well but strangely the 5GHz channels 36-48 were empty, I chose one of these and enjoyed some great flights with very little low signal warnings.

Reactions: Dr.one
I see you dont'change the language to English US. It's not needed?
Not needed the switch is change with gps location. And only the first time you need to startup in the house after the setting is enabled stay at fcc until you go online with freeflight opened. I use titanbackup app backup of data at fcc enabled and restore when i use it and not use anymore fakegps.
MEGA

Got It!
Just disabile GPS in localization service, setting "low power" and use fake gps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181021-114335.jpg
    Screenshot_20181021-114335.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 40
I never managed to get the 5.8 channels to display even with fakegps.
I have failed to get the 5Ghz channels to show as well. Even clearing the cache, turning location to low power, enebling airplane mode, using Fake GPS and starting the Anafi in the house does not help.

I have done just enabling fake gps and setting localization in low power mode (no GPS, only network). No reset of the phone. I was online (data) too.

Got It!
Just disabile GPS in localization service, setting "low power" and use fake gps.
Good. Put fakegps in pause without close freeflight and you have a correct gps position and stay in 5ghz fcc.important is stay offline from internet and active anly gps not activated precision position help with wifi or others in android settings [not accept ] at request.

The channel you select should be based on whichever has the least amount of traffic on it.
I was in Vietnam last week and the 2.4GHz band was choc full of wifi access point signals, so much that I couldn't fly more than 20 metres without getting the poor signal alert on the display.
The 5GHz band for channels 149 upover were busy as well but strangely the 5GHz channels 36-48 were empty, I chose one of these and enjoyed some great flights with very little low signal warnings.
Did you use fake GPS like others to get on that?
I am in Asia now and heading back to Vietnam in two weeks . I was finding that I had signal issues too . Be great if I can get on them channels. Thanks

Yes, I used WiFi Analyzer on the phone and the channel graph on Freeflight6 to confirm that the 5GHz channels 36-48 had no traffic on them, used FakeGPS to put me into somewhere in Massachusetts and then Freeflight opens up the rest of the 5GHz band for you to use.
If you ever get up to Da Lat, do me a favour and take a 5 minute video from directly above the roundabout at the end of the lake (with the metal VW and the Bus in the middle) looking straight down from as high as you can get it, I missed out because the Anafi chose to put itself into picture mode from video and I didn't notice it wasn't recording all the time I had it up there:mad:

AHH ok that's sounds complicated . Andoird or iOS ?
It's enough setting up the drone filters and correct setting exposure as it is ?.
No not going there just back to cat ba island halong bay again!

For the first time I have just been able to get into 5Ghz using the FakeGPS method. However, if whilst still in FF6 I go and PAUSE Fake GPS, the controller drops the connection and reconnects using 2.4Ghz (CE)

Anyone else found this?

For the first time I have just been able to get into 5Ghz using the FakeGPS method. However, if whilst still in FF6 I go and PAUSE Fake GPS, the controller drops the connection and reconnects using 2.4Ghz (CE)

Anyone else found this?
You must be offline from internet and set smarthphone gps option only without help of wifi or net.

You sir were 100% correct :D

On the Huawei it was necessary to do the following: (dont know about other phones)

Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Location Access -> Select "USE GPS ONLY"

I previously had it set to Use GPS, Wi-Fi and Mobile Network.

Works perfect now.

Many thanks for that(y)

You sir were 100% correct :D

On the Huawei it was necessary to do the following: (dont know about other phones)

Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Location Access -> Select "USE GPS ONLY"

I previously had it set to Use GPS, Wi-Fi and Mobile Network.

Works perfect now.

Many thanks for that(y)
Happy worked :) set manually the channell 165 and not auto 5ghz. In my country with urban area i go over 2500 meter.

Yes I picked 165 on Manual Mode. Unfortunately not in a position to fly at the moment.... 1 its bloody freezing outside and 2, got a gammy foot so cannot get anything on the foot, and I dont fancy hoping around in the cold trying to control my Anafi :D But am very eager to see the difference between Ch 165 and my normal 2.4Ghz (UK).

Yes I picked 165 on Manual Mode. Unfortunately not in a position to fly at the moment.... 1 its bloody freezing outside and 2, got a gammy foot so cannot get anything on the foot, and I dont fancy hoping around in the cold trying to control my Anafi :D But am very eager to see the difference between Ch 165 and my normal 2.4Ghz (UK).
Do not worry the difference is huge in semiurban\urban area 0 interference. Very important is no obstacle from controller to anafi point the antenna of controller direct to anafi and go over 100 meters of altitude at over 1500 meters of distance.

Howdy folks,

On my iPhone 8+ in Australia, I only get options for channels 1 to 11 & all are at 2.4 GHz. Is there no way at all to force it over to 5.8 GHz? I've tried it under manual & that has the same limited range of offerings too.

I have a MJX Bugs 5W drone & it pairs with my phone on 5.8 GHz perfectly!

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Howdy folks,

On my iPhone 8+ in Australia, I only get options for channels 1 to 11 & all are at 2.4 GHz. Is there no way at all to force it over to 5.8 GHz? I've tried it under manual & that has the same limited range of offerings too.

I have a MJX Bugs 5W drone & it pairs with my phone on 5.8 GHz perfectly!

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

It should be possible to use 5.8 GHz in Australia with this list as reference: List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia and Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2015

Unfortunately, it is a great job to familiarize yourself with the different countries' rules. Note there may be restrictions on the different channels regarding the use for remote control. You can try searching the internet for "rc remote control australia" to move on.

It is my experience that 5.8 GHz provides a very short range at least in coastal climate.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh