Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The sky is not falling, at least not yet

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Speaking to Jacob from Parrot he informed me this morning that a fix should be out very soon for the Android problem.
"It will be released very soon and i would like to thank you for your patience."

I have also offered him a invitation to join our group. From his reply he said he would have to run that by his managerial department and try to assign some of their developers to reply or provide support on this forum.
That would be nice but I can understand if that does not happen.

Excellent!
If they do set someone up in this forum, it might be best for them to remain anonymous, or they would be inundated with special requests.Better yet,why dont they just read it!

Excellent!
If they do set someone up in this forum, it might be best for them to remain anonymous, or they would be inundated with special requests.Better yet,why dont they just read it!

Well Jacob kind of hinted that since its not a official Parrot forum they just can't start posting with out the head guys approval but he has the link and knows about it. (y)

Good news, thanks Augustine for making contact and keeping us informed. (y)

The left hand must not know what the right hand is doing. Just received an email from support...

"Thank you for replying to my email.

I would like to advise you that we need to reset the drone, that is done by switching on the drone then pressing and holding the power button for 12 seconds.

We also need to make sure that your drone's firmware is updated to it's latest version.

And finally if all the above failed, i'll be dealing with your warranty claim. Just reply after following the above checks and i'll handle the rest."

First of all, the latest firmware is why I have a problem. Second, the reset of the drone had already been done. And third, I'm pretty sure I don't have a defective drone since to was fine with two different devices prior to the update.

The left hand must not know what the right hand is doing. Just received an email from support...

I would like to advise you that we need to reset the drone, that is done by switching on the drone then pressing and holding the power button for 12 seconds.

We also need to make sure that your drone's firmware is updated to it's latest version.

And finally if all the above failed, i'll be dealing with your warranty claim. Just reply after following the above checks and i'll handle the rest."

First of all, the latest firmware is why I have a problem. Second, the reset of the drone had already been done. And third, I'm pretty sure I don't have a defective drone since to was fine with two different devices prior to the update.
LOL
Rest assured there are brighter light bulbs on the Parrot tree addressing the problem.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Excellent idea to invite him. Anyway, we are the customers....If they will know what we needs, they can make better products to sell.

Reactions: rsjb41

If only this were real xkcd: Tech Support

Reactions: rsjb41
I hope Parrot learn from this, because I always like their innovative products, and hoping they're around a long time..

Fingers crossed also, in future they test their firmware thoroughly. You can't tell me they tested the Android software at all with so many issues coming out. Testing only iOS only is unacceptable

They need to hurry the f up with the release of the fix too, not only for their sake, but essentially stuffing half the owners (android side) is terribly bad for the company, in light of their reduction in sales and workforce...

I ditched DJI over the same issues above, and now the issues have come to Parrot.. I'll give them 1 more chance and then I'm off to Autel..

Also they better unlock 5ghz in Australia because there is absolutely no reason why it should be locked here in the first place.. The EIRP limitations here in Australia are representative of FCC not CE. so why the hell they've locked us into CE is beyond comprehension.. 5.8 chan 165 should be full 4W and accessible by default and without having to FakeGPS

Higher Frequency: 802.11 EIRP limitations in Australia

1544750485257.png

It’s an excellent idea to invite Parrot to participate this forum. Even if they don’t (I can understand as they would not have ‘full control’ and it could be unconfortable to answer question that could be ‘difficult’).
This forum is very respectful but the fact they keep an eye on the exchanges is a nice step forward, thanks Augustine !

Reactions: cheetah2k

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame