Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thermal Camera don't work on a new Anafi Thermal

Simone82

Reaction score
Hi guys,
recently I buy an Anafi Thermal. First time the drone work perfectly, fly good and even RGB and Thermal Camera shot excellent photos.
From yesterday, the thermal camera don't work and shot only a B/W image without temperature, as in attachment.
Anyone who have or ear similar problem can help me? Where I wrong?

Regadrs,
Simone from Italy

app-screenshot.jpg

I'm having the same issue.
Thermal is not showing a temperature at all.
It has worked in the past.

I have reset both the drone and controller, updated firmwares, resetting settings, all without result.

I have also tried different cables and from both iOs and Android devices.

I can only assume the drone is faulty?

Thanks
Jason

Stupid question: did you tap the "layer" symbol below the 1x zoom indicator to select your thermal overlay ?
There are 3 options:
Thermal only by pressing the thermometer symbol
Mixed by pressing the slider in the middle and sliding for degree of overlay
Visual only by pressing the eye symbol

Looks to me, as if you were on visual only..

I have tried the different layering options but none of them display the thermal overlay.
The give away is that the radiometric temperature is displayed as '-' rather than '0' or a temperature value.
Even when pointing at myself or my dog.

It seem like there is no thermal reading at all., So when in mixed layer, I only see black / grey scale image from RGB.
When in thermal, the screen is totally black due to lack of thermal data.
Visual only gives the RGB picture as expected.

If you're still under warranty, you could try to get it exchanged by dealer.
Otherwise parrot "service" is the institution to contact.

If you don't have warranty, you might want to try to disassemble the quad and look for loose connectors....

There is a how to repair video from parrot on YouTube, showing how to dis- and reassemble the anafi Thermal

Etape 7.... The camera connectors I would check

Last edited:
Hi guys, in my case the drone is faulty and then Parrot open a ticket to exchange it. But I must attend 2 months (this summer) before the new drone arrive, perhaps affect by a gimbal calibration problem.

If you're still under warranty, you could try to get it exchanged by dealer.
Otherwise parrot "service" is the institution to contact.

If you don't have warranty, you might want to try to disassemble the quad and look for loose connectors....

There is a how to repair video from parrot on YouTube, showing how to dis- and reassemble the anafi Thermal

Etape 7.... The camera connectors I would check

I am contacting the supplier today, hopefully they will replace, it is only 2 months only and has been used about 3 times.
Unrelated, I also have a faulty battery.

I'll take a look at the video though, it may be something simple.

Thanks

I am contacting the supplier today, hopefully they will replace, it is only 2 months only and has been used about 3 times.
Unrelated, I also have a faulty battery.

I'll take a look at the video though, it may be something simple.

Thanks

My advice is don't do anything yourself if you still have warranty. The Anafi insides are not easy to work with as they are all small connectors and parts. One wrong move and you might do more damage then good. Taking it apart is a last resort sort of thing.

Hi guys,
recently I buy an Anafi Thermal. First time the drone work perfectly, fly good and even RGB and Thermal Camera shot excellent photos.
From yesterday, the thermal camera don't work and shot only a B/W image without temperature, as in attachment.
Anyone who have or ear similar problem can help me? Where I wrong?

Regadrs,
Simone from Italy

View attachment 2355
I have got the same problem... :/ Do you ahve an answer please?

Camera has to be paired with the motherboard using a propietary serial no provided by Parrot. Just replacing a cam hardware won't work out on an existing motherboard.

Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@alex