Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Titan antennas and MAXX 10.5d Bi directional antennas on Sky Controller 2

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
Modifying the post with adding another type of antenna, MAXX Helical 10.5d Bi directional antenna.

And of course the second set from the original post these are Titan Whip antennas to a Sky Controller 2 modified couple months ago, this controller has the Solaris booster kit installed amplifiering the antennas.

Can use other antennas, but lately been using the whips. Have two other Skycontroller 2 controllers also with Solaris booster kits, each arranged a little different.

Love the enhanced low level reception, range still limited 2.1 to 2.2 miles.

Thanks for looking,
Paul 84DAAD8B-7203-4C6D-97D6-E7550F1E5B03.jpeg212ECE62-FC3D-4BFA-B324-F86BE08E4E7B.jpeg84DAAD8B-7203-4C6D-97D6-E7550F1E5B03.jpeg212ECE62-FC3D-4BFA-B324-F86BE08E4E7B.jpeg

E31C5E55-A4F7-4583-B5A4-0F3AE80CB35D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Nice! Have you tried it with the directional antenna to see if it increases the range?

Other than the low level flight, what have been the main advantages. I have looked at the kit before but did know if the expense justified the means.

Nice! Have you tried it with the directional antenna to see if it increases the range?

Hello Drone Guy,

Yes, I’ve tried the MAXX Helical 10.5d Bi directional antennas with this Skycontroller 2 with Solaris mods, that is one of my favorite antennas but currently this directional antenna is on my Mavic 2 Pro controller. The helical directional antenna is great, enhances reception in areas with inference.

Was very surprised to see the Titan 14” whips work this well with Bebop 2, have also tried the MAXX flat panel antennas with Skycontroller 2 with Solaris mods that too is good but prefer the 14” whips or helical directional antennas.

Take care,
Paul

Other than the low level flight, what have been the main advantages. I have looked at the kit before but did know if the expense justified the means.

Hello Hawkeye Alaska,

The other advantages are able to fly in areas with inference, the Solaris mods allow you to fly in areas you couldn’t before due to poor reception or disconnects. Fly further as well, maximum is 2.1 to 2.2 miles with bebop 1 or bebop 2 with the mods you’ll easily reach this distance and then venture onto another direction without disconnect.

I do a lot of historical research, search for lost settlements. Bebop 2 with Solaris mods and a Mavic 2 Pro Allow me to search by air, mostly low level searching for remains of Native American villages or Adobe ruins. Have permission from land owners, have located several in my career.

Currently have three complete Skycontroller 2 with Solaris mods, feel free to keep in touch if you ever decide to spring for the bebop 2 booster kits, both bb2 drone and controller need the mods to get full potential. For me, its worth the investment.

Take care,
Paul

Hello Hawkeye Alaska,

The other advantages are able to fly in areas with inference, the Solaris mods allow you to fly in areas you couldn’t before due to poor reception or disconnects. Fly further as well, maximum is 2.1 to 2.2 miles with bebop 1 or bebop 2 with the mods you’ll easily reach this distance and then venture onto another direction without disconnect.

I do a lot of historical research, search for lost settlements. Bebop 2 with Solaris mods and a Mavic 2 Pro Allow me to search by air, mostly low level searching for remains of Native American villages or Adobe ruins. Have permission from land owners, have located several in my career.

Currently have three complete Skycontroller 2 with Solaris mods, feel free to keep in touch if you ever decide to spring for the bebop 2 booster kits, both bb2 drone and controller need the mods to get full potential. For me, its worth the investment.

Take care,
Paul
Thanks for the explanation. Good luck with your searches! Sounds very interesting.

You’re welcome, and thank you Hawkeye for your interest.

Using high tech drones has helped me with my research, can see so much from the air at great distances and cover a lot of terrain safely and quickly.

Thanks again,
Paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar