Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trevor Quarry - North Wales

ROBANAFI

Reaction score

I've flew around here before but this time the top of the hill was to windy so i had to come further down the hill to the old Quarry.

I've had a busy weekend! This was Saturday and then on Sunday(today) i was up at 4am to get here:

So expect another video from the hazy Peak District :)

Rob, that's a lovely spot to explore. Looking forward to the video that will accompany the photo!

Was this captured in auto-exposure? The EV seems to twitch around a little in places, which is something I have noticed on auto-exposure, as you go from one area to another with different light values.

Rob, that's a lovely spot to explore. Looking forward to the video that will accompany the photo!

Was this captured in auto-exposure? The EV seems to twitch around a little in places, which is something I have noticed on auto-exposure, as you go from one area to another with different light values.

Thanks Alex! Yes it was captured in AE, i did wonder what the pulsing was(@55-1:05). i suppose the only way around this is to expose manually but then i'd be faffing around with the exposure all the time.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Thanks Alex! Yes it was captured in AE, i did wonder what the pulsing was(@55-1:05). i suppose the only way around this is to expose manually but then i'd be faffing around with the exposure all the time.
This is what I am finding to be the hardest part, well, more awkward really, in relation to using a drone for video footage; mind you, I had the same challenges when using my DSLR for video too. What I have found is the need to shoot video in 2 or even 3 passes in some places, then to combine that footage later on in editing. That allows me to switch out ND filters as needed, to keep the same shutter speed & ISO. It is indeed a lot of faffing around (I love that term!) but is worth it, when you see nice smooth exposures on playback after editing the bits together.

Just realised that considering I don't intend to ever do this as a professional thing I take it a bit serious! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

This is what I am finding to be the hardest part, well, more awkward really, in relation to using a drone for video footage; mind you, I had the same challenges when using my DSLR for video too. What I have found is the need to shoot video in 2 or even 3 passes in some places, then to combine that footage later on in editing. That allows me to switch out ND filters as needed, to keep the same shutter speed & ISO. It is indeed a lot of faffing around (I love that term!) but is worth it, when you see nice smooth exposures on playback after editing the bits together.

Just realised that considering I don't intend to ever do this as a professional thing I take it a bit serious! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

thanks i appreciate the tips. i definitely need to get more into this video editing lark! At the moment i'm just flying round on the DSLR equivalent of AUTO.

i definitely need to start doing the following

1, plan what i want to shoot
2, set the exposure for each "clip"
3, fly slower
4, learn to colour grade

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
thanks i appreciate the tips. i definitely need to get more into this video editing lark! At the moment i'm just flying round on the DSLR equivalent of AUTO.

i definitely need to start doing the following

1, plan what i want to shoot
2, set the exposure for each "clip"
3, fly slower
4, learn to colour grade
You're welcome, Rob. I like your approach to self-development in regards to using the Anafi, it's very sound. I tend to go somewhere for an initial play & explore, finding what may work well, what surprises I discover & to work through a series of different types of aerial captures that I have a list of, seeing what works well there & what doesn't. Then revisit the place, when possible, with a plan of attack, so to speak. I am yet to share any video's that are my revisits, as I have some severe time limitations, unfortunately.

I need to get bold & play with the Sports mode, now that I am feeling much more confident with my flying. There are lots of places that a nice, fast fly through or over could be of benefit to the storytelling, rather than speeding it up in post production. You have shared some drop-dead-gorgeous faster sweeps through & over some stunning scenery, so thanks for the inspiration there.

Reactions: ROBANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator