Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tried FPV Mode Today

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I am one that does not like roller coasters and cannot take much motion so using the VR goggles really plays a number on my brain. It work very well but it was also just a short flight to give it a go.
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. ?:sick:?

2017_0124_030606_003.JPG

2017_0124_030556_002.JPG

Get's me dizzy has hell ...
May I suggest setting all the Film parameters to the lowest settings, making very small movements of the sticks, and not turning or tilting your head. You want it to look like slow motion until your brain gets used to the VR effect. Not that I have ever used VR, but this is just what I did for glider passengers that had a tendency to motion sickness. I learned decades ago that all I had to do to make a lifelong enemy was take him up in a plane or glider and do acrobatics on his first flight ever. :eek:

An out and back with a slow 180 turn, then maybe a square, all at 10 feet up and perhaps 80 feet laterally. Then stop and resume later.

I'm bad enough just watching some of the recorded footage... the Anafi does a banked turn and I am leaning in that direction whilst sitting on my computer chair..... my vertigo kicks in almost immediately .....LOL... my old brain just can't handle that type of movement.....

Reactions: Drbgaijin
i have the bebop 2 fpv head set think its the 2nd gen
there is one button on the head set after trying it today the button activates the menus then you can use the left stick on the controller to select the menu item and adjust it

they look like this (not my picture)
HLRV2_AV6.jpg

Last edited:
i have the bebop 2 fpv head set think its the 2nd gen
there is one button on the head set after trying it today the button activates the menus then you can use the left stick on the controller to select the menu item and adjust it

they look like this (not my picture)
View attachment 2686
Thanks for the reply. Might have to get a set for the landscape photo's I take.
I don't get motion sick but I won't be racing either.kingspoint.proof.jpg

have just been out and flown the anafi for around 15 mins in fpv really liked the experience but had one problem i took it to around 950m out had a quick 1 second bad connection warning then lost picture
return to home auto kicked in and i could still see the telemetry data but the picture never came back had to take my phone out of the goggles and close down and restart the app

I am one that does not like roller coasters and cannot take much motion so using the VR goggles really plays a number on my brain. It work very well but it was also just a short flight to give it a go.
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. ?:sick:?

View attachment 2680

View attachment 2681
I have never been a fan of the Parrot FPV. I'm going to try it out with my Bebop 2 goggles though just to see how the Arcade mode of flying translates. I think that mode will be good in specific use cases. I actually like the Cinematic preset because the banked turns are actually very very smooth. Almost gives the feeling of flying an actual FPV racing drone. I'll make sure I'm sitting down though.

Reactions: djookenfold
If you want the foldable cockpit2 goggles but a lot cheaper than the Parrot price then the ones sold under the names of:

Red5 Vizor Go
Ritech VRGO

These are identical in every way to the Parrot Cockpit2‘s, even down to the capacitive button on the top for accessing the FF6 menu, but considerably cheaper. I bought mine off eBay for £10 including postage a day or so ago, according to the tracking they should be here tomorrow.

For those that experience motion sickness it can be a challenge but, for most, it’s something that does pass quite quickly. The trick is to do short, slow, and steady, flights to begin with, increasing the length and movements of the flights as you get more comfortable.

As a retired Ship’s Radio Officer, who’s never experienced sea sickness, I have sailed with many new crew who really thought they were dying but after a day or so of rough weather they became comfortable with the constant pitching and rolling and never suffered again. The biggest cause of motion sickness is experiencing motion without seeing the motion, this confuses your senses and is the cause of the nausea.

Regards

Nidge.

A quick update after receiving the above mentioned headset.

They are indeed identical in every way to the Parrot Cockpitglasses V2. And just like the Parrot version there is no manual focus. I’m unable to focus clearly on any object that is closer than three feet from my eyes and even though the view in these goggles is a little blurry it’s still very usable. However the aperture is large enough for me to wear my reading glasses under the headset comfortably resulting in a super sharp image.

I used them in anger for the first time yesterday to film a friend flying his 3D 1/4 Scale Extra (100cc engine), at the same another friend was filming using his Mavic Pro and DJI headset. This is testament to the Anafi’s capabilities as I was able to keep the RC plane in view 90% of the time thanks to the zoom and upward tilt-able camera, something the Mavic had a real struggle with.

For those still on the fence, or maybe hesitant due to possible motion sickness, it will be more than worth your while to try FPV as it really increases your framing and shot planning. I’ve been flying FPV (analog low res) with 3D freestyle quads for a few years but it is really nice to be able to cruise around at a leisurely pace with a semi-HD downlink without having to sell a kidney on eBay to get DJI’s latest and greatest.

Regards

Nidge.

Ya I gave it another try yesterday. Still not something I would use very often but was a fun outing.
Found I was questioning just how much room I had for turning. I guess I was just being careful.......baby steps :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73