Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Unable to adjust pro camera settings (and bracketing bug)

doylecolmdoyle

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had issues with not being able to change iso / shutter speed or white balance when using the pro setting in photo mode, also when this bug occurs and I try shoot bracketed photos, they all come out at the same exposure, basically it seems like any adjustments (either manually or via automated bracketing) are not getting to the drone.

Not sure what to do to try fix this issue.

No, I can adjust ISO, s and WB in PRO mode.
I never tried to shoot bracketed photos while in PRO mode.

Has anyone ever had issues with not being able to change iso / shutter speed or white balance when using the pro setting in photo mode, also when this bug occurs and I try shoot bracketed photos, they all come out at the same exposure, basically it seems like any adjustments (either manually or via automated bracketing) are not getting to the drone.

Not sure what to do to try fix this issue.
I had this issue for bracketed shots initially, but what I found was that I wasn't locking off the AE Lock. Once I started doing that, it worked properly for me, I'm about to post a simple HDR panorama I took a couple of hours ago at sunrise, taken as DNG's.

Prior to upgrading both the Anafi firmware and my iPad Mini 4 iOS versions to the latest, I also had problems with the visibility of the Bracketing bug.
If you use an Apple device, you may try to update ?

I had this issue for bracketed shots initially, but what I found was that I wasn't locking off the AE Lock. Once I started doing that, it worked properly for me, I'm about to post a simple HDR panorama I took a couple of hours ago at sunrise, taken as DNG's.

Just did some testing in a local park, I really need to take a note book or something with me as I forget exactly what I do when the drone is in the air, i.e. which photos had AE lock enabled/disabled etc, also some guy talked my ear off about wanting to buy a drone.

I am pretty sure as you said you need to enable AE lock to get the bracketed photos, looking at my files some sets have the 3 exposure brackets and some are all the same exposure (assume when i had AE lock disabled)

But I still have the issue of not being able to adjust the pro exposure settings, I have figured out this is because AE lock is on, which makes sense, but the problem is the icon to disable / turn off AE lock disappears for me (tho still displays AE lock at the top off the app, juts below the land text. To get this back I need to switch to video, then turn hdr on then off, then the AE lock icons returns and I can disable / enable as needed.

Prior to upgrading both the Anafi firmware and my iPad Mini 4 iOS versions to the latest, I also had problems with the visibility of the Bracketing bug.
If you use an Apple device, you may try to update ?

Cheers, I am using a iphone 6, maybe has something to do with the phone, I am pretty sure it is up to date, but will double check, next flight I may try use my partners newer iphone.

Just did some testing in a local park, I really need to take a note book or something with me as I forget exactly what I do when the drone is in the air, i.e. which photos had AE lock enabled/disabled etc, also some guy talked my ear off about wanting to buy a drone.

I am pretty sure as you said you need to enable AE lock to get the bracketed photos, looking at my files some sets have the 3 exposure brackets and some are all the same exposure (assume when i had AE lock disabled)

But I still have the issue of not being able to adjust the pro exposure settings, I have figured out this is because AE lock is on, which makes sense, but the problem is the icon to disable / turn off AE lock disappears for me (tho still displays AE lock at the top off the app, juts below the land text. To get this back I need to switch to video, then turn hdr on then off, then the AE lock icons returns and I can disable / enable as needed.

Cheers, I am using a iphone 6, maybe has something to do with the phone, I am pretty sure it is up to date, but will double check, next flight I may try use my partners newer iphone.
Have you tried touching the AE Lock icon up top of the screen to see if that unlocks it, I'm going from memory here & that's getting progressively worse as I rapidly become an old-fart! :ROFLMAO:

I recall reading something about the FF6 app needing a minimum of an iPhone 6S or above. That may well be the issue here! I was surprised that it had to be a 6S or above, as I wanted to load it on my partners iPhone 6 Plus, but there was no point.

Last edited:
It is probably something to do with the iphone6, maybe time to look for an upgrade or just deal with the buggyness, will try my partners phone soon (6s plus).

I have an ipad pro (frist gen, 12inch) but I think its to huge to mount even with 3rd party adapters.

I did try tap the small writing (AE lock) at the top of the app just under land... but I am pretty sure it did nothing, will retry again later tonight. I was being careful not to tap land so perhaps didnt tap the text...

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
It is probably something to do with the iphone6, maybe time to look for an upgrade or just deal with the buggyness, will try my partners phone soon (6s plus).

I have an ipad pro (frist gen, 12inch) but I think its to huge to mount even with 3rd party adapters.

I did try tap the small writing (AE lock) at the top of the app just under land... but I am pretty sure it did nothing, will retry again later tonight. I was being careful not to tap land so perhaps didnt tap the text...
The iPad Pro would be a brilliant screen to work with, no accidental touches of the wrong thing! I don't know of a 3rd party holder that will take it though, the largest I could find would accommodate up to an 11" tablet, which is perfect for my iPad Air 2. It just took a little while to get used to not seeing the sticks on the controller as they are hidden under the iPad, but are still free to use unobstructed.

I'll give tapping the AE Lock symbol up top a go & see if it does unlock it to be able to change the shutter & ISO settings. No, it doesn't, it just kept using that space as the reference point of where to base the exposure lock upon, which I suspect overrides your manual settings somehow, I'll have to make a note to check that out too. Everything else can be changed at any time, such as the capture mode, WB & Style.

Cheers for having a look, I just went out and had a quick fly (straight up) in the carpark next door (I live in the middle of the city).

I tried my partners iphone 6s plus and my own phone, I couldn't see much different in how the app performed. Tho I did re-install FF6 on my iphone just before the flight. Both the iphone6 and 6s I noticed occasionally the circular AE lock icon would disappear (with only AE lock appearing at the top of the screen) I think it would disappear when i changed shooting modes and the only way to get it back was to tap on DNG+JPG change it to something JPG RECT or WIDE then back to DNG+JPG and the circular AE lock icon would re-appear. I dont understand why the AE lock icon comes and goes...

I had the mode set to Bracketed 5 photos, used AE lock then shot the photo... First photo is exposed as per the AE lock setting and the 4 following photos have the same exposure, the first file seems to have recorded the meta data (ISO, Shutter etc) but the remain 4 photos dont display any of this information (looking in lightroom).

I didnt test taking the bracketed photos with AE lock turned off... as I assumed from my earlier trials today that AE lock needed to be enabled to shoot the bracketed photos. I will have to try again tomorrow evening if I get the chance, I will test shooting bracketed in full auto, testing in pro with AE lock not enabled.

I need to re-read the manual, surely bracketed mode can work with manual / pro exposure and not just auto?! I have had it work before so I know the drone can take the bracketed photos with the different exposures, but not sure what settings / mode I was using (was a few weeks ago)

If you want to have a look at the DNG files direct from the drone (5 bracketed photos) you can download them here - Dropbox - Anafi Bracketed Photos - Simplify your life

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I can confirm that the Bracketing option only gives results when AE is off.
My initial problem was to get rid of the AE function when I wanted to shoot in DNG with the Bracketing function.
I like to ‘force’ the exposure of the first shot then let the Anafi manage the +/- ev with the following shots.

I had the mode set to Bracketed 5 photos, used AE lock then shot the photo... First photo is exposed as per the AE lock setting and the 4 following photos have the same exposure, the first file seems to have recorded the meta data (ISO, Shutter etc) but the remain 4 photos dont display any of this information (looking in lightroom).

I didnt test taking the bracketed photos with AE lock turned off... as I assumed from my earlier trials today that AE lock needed to be enabled to shoot the bracketed photos. I will have to try again tomorrow evening if I get the chance, I will test shooting bracketed in full auto, testing in pro with AE lock not enabled.
Having your AE lock enabled will not allow bracketing to change the exposure of any other photos. Being locked nothing is going to change.
I can confirm that the Bracketing option only gives results when AE is off.
My initial problem was to get rid of the AE function when I wanted to shoot in DNG with the Bracketing function.
I like to ‘force’ the exposure of the first shot then let the Anafi manage the +/- ev with the following shots.

My apologies @doylecolmdoyle I got confused with what I did, saying that I had pressed Lock AE, then taken the Bracketed Photo's. After reading @Agustine & @MustangPhil 's reply above, I must have just touched on the area I wanted exposure set for. I'll have a play with it this morning & see exactly what does & doesn't work for Bracketed Photo's for me.

The brain-farts seem to be getting more frequent for me as the years go marching on... :oops:

I think I might start recording what I am doing for each photo & video, so I can see for sure after the fact.

Reactions: Efliernz
My apologies @doylecolmdoyle I got confused with what I did, saying that I had pressed Lock AE, then taken the Bracketed Photo's. After reading @Agustine & @MustangPhil 's reply above, I must have just touched on the area I wanted exposure set for. I'll have a play with it this morning & see exactly what does & doesn't work for Bracketed Photo's for me.

The brain-farts seem to be getting more frequent for me as the years go marching on... :oops:

I think I might start recording what I am doing for each photo & video, so I can see for sure after the fact.

All good! I do find taking photos with the anafi really just trial and error, I am yet to work out any kind of workflow / process, but I guess that will come, also I am very new to drones, so I get a bit frantic when the drone is in the air, as opposed to tradition photography where I can take my time and not worry about the drone dropping out of the sky

All good! I do find taking photos with the anafi really just trial and error, I am yet to work out any kind of workflow / process, but I guess that will come, also I am very new to drones, so I get a bit frantic when the drone is in the air, as opposed to tradition photography where I can take my time and not worry about the drone dropping out of the sky
That makes two of us! New to drones & still winging it with the Anafi. I tend to panic a bit knowing that I've got AU$1,000 of gear in the air. I can associate with the being able to take your time on land with photography, that's probably why I love architecture & long-exposure photography so much, cause those subjects aren't in a hurry to go anywhere! :)

I didn't get a chance to check things out this morning, but will do so this evening.

Finally got around to trying this out & it turns out you can set your shutter speed & ISO in Pro Mode when taking bracketed shots, which is basically locking off the exposure as there is nothing else (an aperture) that can be adjusted on the Anafi to affect exposure. You can't set AE Lock at all, it does indeed yield the exact same exposure if you do this.

What I did on Sunday morning at sunrise was: while I was in Automatic mode, touch the area of the scene I wanted exposure locked for, check the histogram, note the shutter & ISO, then enter that manually in Pro mode, then take my multiple exposures.

Later on, I will use my light meter to see whether the suggested settings it produces that I use for my long exposures on my DSLR can be used with the Anafi. I suspect not, as my M43 (micro-four-thirds) cameras don't quite match up to these readings for some reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame