Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Updates **** Blast.

Pretty Parrot

Reaction score
Twice now I was about to fly the Anafi & the software said update, 10 minutes later I have lost the photos I wanted, so that is two times that I have lost good photo opportunities. Is there an alert by email or something that I can do updates in my own time, or even cancel any updates until a better time?

As far as I am aware updates to FF6, the controller and the Anafi are not mandatory to enable you to fly. You could have ignored them, got your shots and then updated later.

^^^^^
What he said, you do not have to update to fly your Anafi. It will fly just fine if you refuse to update at any given time. Automatic updates to FF6 can be turned off so there is no way for it to update unless you allow it.

If you don't update, then you will not be able to claim if anything (not your fault) should happen that may cause the drone to crash, fly off etc.

Thanks for the replies, but I could not see any (update later, cancel, & so on options) either time.

Thanks for the replies, but I could not see any (update later, cancel, & so on options) either time.
There is no need to say "update later" or "cancel", because you have to start the firmware update by tapping on the update box. So you don't have to abort a firmware update, that would perhaps happen automatically.
Instead you simply don't tap on the update box, if you don't want a firmware update to happen.
Then you can fly with your old firmware. But I wouldn't recommend to fly with an older firmware.

My Freeflight 6 automatically comes onto the phone as soon as I connect it. The update covers the page & I could not see any way of stopping it. Perhaps I should stop automatic connection?

My Freeflight 6 automatically comes onto the phone as soon as I connect it. The update covers the page & I could not see any way of stopping it. Perhaps I should stop automatic connection?
Ok, I was talking about the Anafi FIRMWARE update, which is done over the app FF6 and which is not done automatically.
If you want (for whatever reason) to keep an older FF6 version, you can stop automatic updates in the settings of your phone.

I still do not understand how you lose photos?? I have updated the App many times and all my photos that have been in my gallery or on my SDcard are still there.
Is this something that happens with the iOS App? If so I am glad I do not use iOS :)

Lessons learned. You might want to copy all photo's and video after each flight, because...you might lose them for one reason or another. From my experience of over a decade of flying drones (Anafi exactly a year) I always replace the mSD card after every flight. The cost factor is minimal for the mSD. Yes you will lose the data from the last flight if the Anafi doesn't return but not all the photo's from previous flights.

Every photo flight I do is risky and because of this I can't afford to lose the photo's from a previous flight. I did a flight last month, very risky. The shots I got would of taken a full days hike, the first flight didn't return and was not recovered and I lost the Anafi. My second Anafi duplicated the shoot and returned uneventful and worth the risk to get the photo's I got.

He lost the opportunity to take the photos he wanted becasue of the delay, not the files...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento