Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video cutting randomly

gibbiem

Reaction score
Last couple of flights I've noticed the recording just randomly stops the instantly starts. Happened today. It's as if one long video has been split for whatever reason. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last couple of flights I've noticed the recording just randomly stops the instantly starts. Happened today. It's as if one long video has been split for whatever reason. Any ideas?

No video file can be larger than 4 GB on Anafi. It is a limitation that all small cameras normal suffer from. You collect the two pieces in your video editing program and you can't see that your shot has been in two or more pieces.

But if the problem is not the 4 GB limitation, you should describe in more detail what happens to get help.

Regards, Leif.

Ahhhhh gotcha, yeah video 1 is 3.92gb so must be that, cheers

Reactions: Landbo
Or you may accidentally press the record button? With your finger at the back of the controller?

As I understand it the 4Gb limit is due to the filesystem, FAT32, of the micro SD card. It is something that even some DJI drones suffer from (I am not sure whether the Mavic 2 has this limit).

Actually yeah I remember this. I've had issues putting blu rays on fat32 usbs before, had to format in NFTS. Does Anafi support this? Not essential as they can be edited together I suppose

Or you may accidentally press the record button? With your finger at the back of the controller?
That is just what I was going to suggest.
It happens to me, from time to time, that when I want to hit the "reset" button (rear left) that I hit the "stop/start recording" one at the rear right!
Having pressed the wrong button and not seeing the reset happen, I instinctively hit it again to check why it didn't "reset". That gives me a "stop recording" and then a "start recording" event seen later as a short break in the recording.
Regards
Douglas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut