Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What's the highest altitude...

Big Lez maate

Reaction score
The anafi can handle? When I'm up at 260m AGL I get very strong wind warnings. I've set the max to 500m..but really how high can the anafi fly without being thrown out of the sky by wind?

It is a bit academic as in Australia you are only legally allowed go fly 120m above ground level but the ceiling for the Anafi is stated as 4500m above sea level. I am interested how you have set the maximum height to 500m as the FF6 app only allows a 150m max (unless you are using a modded app).

In answer to your question, yes the wind speed and direction will vary with altitude and it us something that you need to be aware of. I use the 'Windy' app on my Android phone yo give me an idea of wind speeds and directions at various altitudes.

Reactions: Big Lez maate
It is a bit academic as in Australia you are only legally allowed go fly 120m above ground level but the ceiling for the Anafi is stated as 4500m above sea level. I am interested how you have set the maximum height to 500m as the FF6 app only allows a 150m max (unless you are using a modded app).

In answer to your question, yes the wind speed and direction will vary with altitude and it us something that you need to be aware of. I use the 'Windy' app on my Android phone yo give me an idea of wind speeds and directions at various altitudes.

Hey thanks for the info, I might get that windy app, sounds useful!

As for the 500m, I have the modded apk from this forum, I've only ever gone up 270m at its highest as of today, it's pretty windy here so didn't wanna push my luck.

Next try 1200m i think still 30% battery.
Haha funny you post that, I literally found your video after posting this. My balls shrink up inside me when I go past 200m.

Did you edit the text file to get to 1000m or just did it in the app in flight planner?

Yes only possible with flight planner.

The anafi is incredible ! Very stable even with strong wind.

Yes only possible with flight planner.

The anafi is incredible ! Very stable even with strong wind.

How did you manage it in flight planner? Because when I edit the number, the highest I can do is 500m using the fcc/alt mod.

Yours seems a lot more stable than mine, when I'm 200m up 20km winds, the drone fights with me when trying to pan around the horizon. It nods and does 360s.

Yes my drone fights too again wind you can see the variable speed, but camera always stable.

You can't edit in flight planner, but you can edit the json file and save ;)

I flew my trio up in the mountains with no wind warnings at 1700 ft AGL using FP and text editor. Once I got to 1700ft I go to manual and out of FP to maneuver. Distance was about 3300 ft, facing away borderline losing connection. If towards me I had more range but not the shots.
FP saved me a days hike. I did several flights.lowres.mcDglacier.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Big Lez maate
This weekend i will try 1200m and it will be a new record i think for anafi !?

Nothing except the incredible capacity of this drone.

I'm agree with you, the legislation/rules are ridiculous. There are a legislation to prohibit birds in the sky ? Stop legislation debate...

And YOU are the frustrated idiot of this post.

Nothing to be proud of in my opinion, just reckless.

Idiots like you are the ones that cause all the bad press and ridiculous legislation/rules that we now have.

He's an idiot for taking his drone 1200m?
Im all for calling out idiots but that was uncalled for. You're comparing him/her to morons who bring a bad name to drones... However you have no clue as to how safe he was, where he did it etc. So it seems you're the idiot, why? Because you're acting idiotic over absolutely nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut