Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Why is the video showing vibration? How to fix this?

...entire image heavily vibrating ...?
No, I don't see anything heavily vibrating. I see the camera position ascending and the building slowly passing by.
As I said: good night shot.

Wow really? It is as pain as day. LOL It is vibrating all over the place. Not sure why you cannot see it. Maybe need a better computer or better glasses.
Oh boy I do not want to drive in a car when you are driver. :)

No, I don't see anything heavily vibrating. I see the camera position ascending and the building slowly passing by.

Is it your phone's screen you're looking at ? If yes, it will probably require you to watch the video clip on a larger screen.

Regards Leif.

Ok, I watched on my 10" tablet.
Perhaps to small display... ?

So, looked at the video on my laptop (15.6", 1920x1080):
The bright parts (letters, clock, flag pole) are flickering as I sometimes saw in my own evening videos (obviously depending on the kind of lights) , but if I watch the dark edges of the building they seem to be quite stable…!?
[Pls. don't beat me …!]

Last edited:
This issue has been there since the beginning. See below videos taken from shortly after the Anafi was launched:

This issue has been there since the beginning. See below videos taken from shortly after the Anafi was launched:

Yes, you can see it does not look good in some clips.

Have you asked Parrot what they says to your video ?

Unfortunately, I can not do any tests because I can not fly closer than 150 meters near a city limit according to Danish rules.

Regards Leif.

After you posted the send clip, to me that looks like turbulence. At that spot was the breeze/wind doing anything out of the ordinary, such as an up draft?

I have seen that before on one of my other drones, and the cause was an updraft that happened when I was filming in a cliff/valley. It also only happened when lowering the altitude of the drone. hovering or raising the altitude did not affect it.

So far, the fellow pilots here have been helpful in troubleshooting. Maybe you can help with this one. I see that occasionally, the drone vibrates which causes the video to be ruined. What's the cause and the fix?
See the link below.

Can see the vibration. I actually experience this on my last vid - but your vid is different from mine since it was windy when I took my video and yours seem to have low wind

It is not helpful here to post old videos from July, because there was a greater firmware and FF6 update in September.
@loyukfai, if these were your videos in post #25, pls. make the same videos again and let us see what hopefully has changed.

- Video in #1 post was uploaded on 23/Sep. Assuming it's been taken recently, the drone should be up-to-date.
- My post in #25 is to demonstrate that the issue has been there since the beginning. It is not new.
- So there is no point to question if the latest firmware update has fixed the problem or not. It hasn't.
- FYI, I have videos taken recently with an up-to-date drone exhibiting the same issue.
- For the record, I have also written to Parrot about this and referred them to this thread 2-3 weeks ago. Still awaiting a reply.
- To quote @Agustine, the issue is "p(l)ain as day", to question its validity is pointless.

- Aside from waiting Parrot, perhaps a better approach to contribute to this thread would be investigating under what circumstances this issue will happen.
- According to my very brief experiment, it seems that (slow) shutter speed could be the/a triggering factor.

- As an ex-owner of a DJI drone, this issue is arguably not normal.

Cheers.

Yes, thank you for explaining your point!
I thought with post #24 (Sep 23) it was (after all even for me ;) ...) clear: there is an issue with flickering lights (LED type?) in night videos.

But: Why did you "warm up" this theme again 12 days later (post #25) with videos from July?
If the first videos in this thread were really taken AFTER the September update (what I thought was possibly NOT the case), then the July videos would obviously show the same issue.

So it would perhaps be good to take new actual videos with a time stamp.

So, I contacted Parrot about this issue and this is what their reply -have not tried this yet since I just got this response while at work, will be trying this tomorrow evening though
Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Amy , and I am happy to help with your case # 1226299.

I am sorry you have experienced an issue with your Parrot Anafi. we understand your concern regarding the issue.

Can you Reset the drone throw the Free flight 6 ,Once you connect the drone tap on the drone sign,From the same page to calibrate ,You'll find RESET on the bottom ,And then connect the drone and make sure is up to date and calibrate the drone and camera ,And if still the same Share short video with me please.

Please feel free to get back to me anytime I will be more than happy to assist you ,Have a lovely day
At first, I was not sure what she meant by "throw the Free Flight 6" but I figured that she probably meant "through" or "thru" whichever :D

Not forgetting that the drone only has a two axis gimbal and relies on electronic image stabilization in the third plane which can cause picture judder.

I think the problem occurs with the combination of the low shutter speed and the electronic stabilisation.

They were all wrong!
This problem is a consequence of electronic stabilization!
I have a DJI Spark and that is what sometimes happens.
This is a disadvantage of 2-axis gimbal. YAW motion (horizontal rotation) can only be compensated electronically, which means that different pixels capture the same bright point when moving. This phenomenon is caused by the image content passing through the pixels (moving through the sensor).
The phenomenon becomes visible in low light and windy conditions, but noticeable in strong winds during daylight hours.

It can't be repaired, it's a physical phenomenon, the disadvantage of 2-axis gimbal.
No more guessing, the explanation is so simple.
Have a nice flight!

Dirk I'm sorry but you either need glasses or you don't know what artifact people are talking about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320