Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WiFi Limitations

SkySpy

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots! I have had my Parrot Anafi for several weeks now. I'm very happy with the drone for the most part. My primary use for the drone is industrial location photography. The photographic quality of this drone is the best of my fleet, however I have encountered a problem. I find it very susceptible to interference. It seems that anytime I'm around power lines I get the "very strong interference" warning. My DJI and Yuneec drones, including the Yuneec Breeze which also uses WiFi are unaffected in those same areas. I was planning on ordering a 2nd Anafi because I was so impressed with the photo quality, but now that seems like a poor choice. :cautious: I contacted Parrot support about this concern but they had no solutions nor suggestions. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

Tried switching it to 5ghz?
Thank you for your reply. No.....I forgot about that option and support did not mention it. I will give that a try. I will include the result in my next reply.

Thank you for your reply. No.....I forgot about that option and support did not mention it. I will give that a try. I will include the result in my next reply.
Hello,

You’ve probably already tried this, if not turn Airplane mode ON. I wasn’t a believable in this at the beginning, but now it goes on every flight. Makes a big difference, good luck.

Paul

Hello Augerln, Your suggestion worked!;)? I went back to the site where I had the most interference. This included power lines and a transmission tower. I flew around the entire area quiet close to both the tower and power lines. No issues, not one warning for interference. I called support and informed them of the results. A big thanks to you for your help!

Reactions: AugerIn
Hello,

You’ve probably already tried this, if not turn Airplane mode ON. I wasn’t a believable in this at the beginning, but now it goes on every flight. Makes a big difference, good luck.

Paul
Hello Paul, yes I do use the airplane mode, but thank you for the suggestion!

Hello Paul, yes I do use the airplane mode, but thank you for the suggestion!
Hello SkySpy,

I’m glad Augerln’s suggestion worked, I may even try switching to 5gHz when encountering inference.

Glad everything worked out,
Paul

I use a program that tells me the saturation of Wi-Fi channels and that way I choose the channel manually with less interference.

Reactions: djookenfold
I use a program that tells me the saturation of Wi-Fi channels and that way I choose the channel manually with less interference.
You my friend are a Wild Man! Lol That was incredible! How did you you locate the drone? At this point, I doubt that I will ever need this degree of extreme distance, but it is really nice to know the Anafi is capable. At some point, I may want to know the more about that program you are using.

As for my WiFi issues, since switching to 5ghz, I have yet to have one warning about interference. I went to a location this morning that had major power lines close to the subject I was photographing. I flew all around the area with absolutely no issues. Very happy with this product so far, considering ordering another one as a backup. I consider the Parrot Anafi a true contender to the DJI line.

By the way davinchi2000, where was this footage taken?

You my friend are a Wild Man! Lol That was incredible! How did you you locate the drone? At this point, I doubt that I will ever need this degree of extreme distance, but it is really nice to know the Anafi is capable. At some point, I may want to know the more about that program you are using.

As for my WiFi issues, since switching to 5ghz, I have yet to have one warning about interference. I went to a location this morning that had major power lines close to the subject I was photographing. I flew all around the area with absolutely no issues. Very happy with this product so far, considering ordering another one as a backup. I consider the Parrot Anafi a true contender to the DJI line.

By the way davinchi2000, where was this footage taken?

Spain - Valladolid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood