Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WTB: Parrot Anafi main board / Motherboard

Bummer. My vertical camera is shot after my Anafi decided to go for a swim. I was hoping to just replace the vertical camera and the front camera which works but has a haze now. Question: I haven't attempted it because of the warning but can we fly the Anafi with a non-functioning vertical camera?

Bummer. My vertical camera is shot after my Anafi decided to go for a swim. I was hoping to just replace the vertical camera and the front camera which works but has a haze now. Question: I haven't attempted it because of the warning but can we fly the Anafi with a non-functioning vertical camera?

The only way I have been able to fly / lift-off my Parrot Anafi without the vertical camera working is by pressing Launch / Hand Launch instantly after you press "Fly" on The Freeflight 6 App. You have to do launch it right before the error message shows up, so you got to act quickly.

I have only done this once, and then it flipped over in the air, but I suspect that's because I was stupid enough to put the new propellers that I bought on the wrong arms. I have not replaced them yet, so I don't know if that's the cause to the flip.
I bought myself a 2nd Parrot Anafi last week since I couldn't find any motherboards and gimbals on Amazon or Ebay. Parrot does not have these parts either last time I asked ( Which was only a few weeks ago).

Last edited:
The only way I have been able to fly / lift-off my Parrot Anafi without the vertical camera working is by pressing Launch / Hand Launch instantly after you press "Fly" on The Freeflight 6 App. You have to do launch it right before the error message shows up, so you got to act quickly.

I have only done this once, and then it flipped over in the air, but I suspect that's because I was stupid enough to put the propellers on the wrong arms.
I bought myself a 2nd Parrot Anafi since I couldn't find any motherboards and gimbals on Amazon or Ebay. Parrot does not have these parts either last time I asked ( Which was only a few weeks ago).
That is a little too tricky for me so I guess I'm in for a new drone. Thanks.

Did you plug in all the cables?
There was a video of somebody showing it works

I confirm that the gimbal works only with the native motherboard and motor board
otherwise, only the camera will work, no gimbal. I tried swapping from different Anafi, and got this result
And you calibrated after the replacement?

Funny that this tread got active again, because I recently discovered someone selling 2 Parrot Anafi motherboards on Ebay so I bought one just of curiosity. As i mentioned earlier I bought another Parrot Anafi after my incident last year, but will try to repair my first one and see how it goes. I haven't received the motherboard yet, but I will come back later and tell you if Gimbal works or not after motherboard has been installed. If it doesn't work, then I'll guess I've learned a lesson.

Funny that this tread got active again, because I recently discovered someone selling 2 Parrot Anafi motherboards on Ebay so I bought one just of curiosity. As i mentioned earlier I bought another Parrot Anafi after my incident last year, but will try to repair my first one and see how it goes. I haven't received the motherboard yet, but I will come back later and tell you if Gimbal works or not after motherboard has been installed. If it doesn't work, then I'll guess I've learned a lesson.
write after the experiment. I'm interested too. Although, I removed the working camera with the working gimbal and put it on another drone. And only the camera worked, no gimbal. Also I changed the motherboard on a working drone and the result was the same

Reactions: 0arne0
write after the experiment. I'm interested too. Although, I removed the working camera with the working gimbal and put it on another drone. And only the camera worked, no gimbal. Also I changed the motherboard on a working drone and the result was the same
I think the motherboard stores the calibration or the camera serial number. I’m also sure this can be rewritten in software. When Parrot repairs Anafi, it does just that. You should find out how to do this.

I think the motherboard stores the calibration or the camera serial number. I’m also sure this can be rewritten in software. When Parrot repairs Anafi, it does just that. You should find out how to do this.
Yes, I agreed! If you can telnet with Anafi as successfully, you may find this information stored in its system exactly.

Reactions: 0arne0
the problem is that people sold a lot of you guys broken parts, leading people to believe that it could not be done

you can't be so categorical. I took a work gimbal from a work drone and put it on another work drone. And only the camera worked, without a gimbal. The gimbal didn't work at all

That’s because you broke it probably. Nobody is going to put a working thing on another working thing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320