Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi’s new Firmware expectations

mariocuzo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Another happy anafi owner myself, I would like to ask you what would you like to see on a new firmware update.

Being able to set the RTH height to anything you want other then the 20 meters as it stands now. Also would like to have all EXIF info on the DNG\RAW pictures as it is missing making them useless in lightroom.
A 360 degree pano option would also be nice but I can do it manually if needed.

I strongly agree with both of these recommendations.

I fly mostly in hilly and densely forested areas where average tree heights greatly exceed 20 meters. In most cases a 20-meter return to home flight would be more risky than simply landing in place, which of course, unless flying over an open field, generally would result in a crash.

The RTH altitude should be adjustable up to at least the 122-meter height that is generally the legal limit in the U.S. However, that 122-meter limit is height-above-ground, not height above a takeoff site. If someone takes-off in a valley and flies up a steep hill, their drone can be much higher than 122-meters above the takeoff site, but less than 122-meters above ground, and legal. Furthermore, licensed pilots in the U.S. can legally fly up to 122-meters above towers, bridges and buildings, which in some cases can themselves be hundreds of meters higher than a takeoff site. If the RTH height isn't made adjustable to accommodate common circumstances like these the Anafi will not be usable by a large segment of potential users.

It also is very important to add EXIF info to DNG\RAW files. Autel's failure to provide that in their X-Star greatly limited practical usability for commercial photography. Why exclude a significant segment of potential users by failing to provide something that could be added easily with the mere investment of a couple hours of software development?

I would also like to add two more.
1st one would be to add a histogram, very useful tool.
2nd is having the option to change from metric to imperial. I am old school here in Canada and I am not changing to metric for anyone LOL
Hi...what is histogram

Histogram is just how much light your camera is seeing and really should be pretty easy to add as this is a very common feature even on the cheapest digital cameras. It would be ashame if they could not include this with a firmware update.

Reactions: QuadKid
Most of us bebop owners are bit paranoid whenever parrot comes up with new firmware,freeflight updates,in general any change comes with prblems....this time we fell very positiv about anafi and freeflight 6,there are some small bugs but nothing critical.Recently Bebop 2 had new update,a new in app called Film Director,it let us play a bit vith videos ,it looks nice but nothing someone who is into photography could use....if they do end up making a video/photo tool(semi pro or pro) it will be probably available as in-app(19.99 $ ? )....about RTH,we were asking parrot for a adjustable RTH since 2016,they are sticking to 20meters and dont want to change it ,reason is unknown to us

Last edited:
I would like to see a number representing how many sats the GPS is locked into.
Right now the Anafi is drifty and is not locked into hover like the other guy's drones are.

I'd also like to see the ability to select imperial versus metric..for us backwards US types
:)

Right now the Anafi is drifty and is not locked into hover like the other guy's drones are.

I'd also like to see the ability to select imperial versus metric..for us backwards US types
Parrot changed gps display from numbers to color changing gps icon(green-red) year ago,never liked it...if you have “partial”gps it will still show “green” and yet it will not work properly.I think max gps signals in bebop 2 was around 20,from my experience once gps signal drops down to 7-8 it is still green but you loose informations like distance or altitude,not fun...my house is half way up on the hill and all i can get is partial gps..few days ago i was testing gps in front of my house,green gps and distance was showing 2999M even though anafi was only 20feet away from me......make sure there is no obstacles around you,calibrate drone before take off,if you have second battery you can replace it and take off without calibrating again,if you hover make sure you are at least at 5-6 feet,lower than that and you will see some “dancing”.... a freebie,if you didnt know you can land without pressing landing button.....descend anafi,it will automatically stop at altitude of 12inches/25 cm above ground...keep holding knob down and after 2 seconds it will initiate landing....its fun!!
If you are seeing metric display in Freeflight 6 you are probably using android phone...there is no way to change to imperial......if you are using iOS you will see imperial(devices in usa only) but you will be able to change it to metric if you want in settings/region-country by changing to lets say germany

Last edited:

Is this just in the us app, on iOS?, but I find it quite funny how some of the stats are in feet and some are in metric

I’d like to see a couple more user presets like ‘Custom 1’ and ‘Custom 2’. The two flight modes, Film and Sport, are essentially preset folders. Two more would helpful. One could be ‘Real Estate Tour’.

1. Add option to disable RTH and just hover in place then auto land.
2. Ability to use zoom lever to control shutter speed.
3. Perfect side mode for follow me like bebop had.

Reactions: Wowwowwo
1.RTH set to any hight to 100m
2.HDR and PLog in 1080p
3.Tablet version of the App
4.One touch to turn on drone only when the RC is in the open position if usbc is connected to the Computer for file transfer one touch function still works.
5. create some LUTs
6. Histogram HUD

Reactions: Wowwowwo
I like to see somewhere the total distance in kilometer flown and not only the total time. Also the option that you can calibrate camera or adjust the horizon while in flight

Less drifting
Eliminate jello effect on night video
RTH height
Max altitude

Seriously have parrot pushed any firmware updates since launch?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut