Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi 360 Pano

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Went out this afternoon to the ball park down the road to see if I can make a 360 pano. I make these all the time with my Autel x-Star but it tells you at what degree the camera is facing so I had to come up with a solution to get the camera to be at 45 degrees to take the second set of pictures and 45 degrees and that is done using the Flight planner and just one waypoint :)

Not sure why some of the trees have a purple tint to them but the 360 pano turned out perfect.

All that writing is actually the link to the 360 pano LOL No idea why this board cannot just display a simple link. :)

Parrot Anafi 360 pano.jpg Went out this afternoon to the ball park down the road to see if I can make a 360 pano. I make these all the time with my Autel x-Star but it tells you at what degree the camera is facing so I had to come up with a solution to get the camera to be at 45 degrees to take the second set of pictures and 45 degrees and that is done using the Flight planner and just one waypoint :) Not sure why some of the trees have a purple tint to them but the 360 pano turned out perfect.

Last edited:
Im quite keen to start doing 360 Panos, although Im not sure if the Anafi is the best starting point, but cant see me pulling the Phantom 3 out over the Anafi anytime soon. For now Im stick to the manual method of overlapping the photos as I swing it around. Quite a disappointment that there is no way to get the gimbal pitch in the app, especially as it rotates up too would make it much easier. Hopefully it comes in an update.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Really like that and something I would love to do. Any tips for doing it with the Anafi...... for a first timer at 360?

Programs needed:
A Pano program, some a free. Just google them.
You will also need photoshop.

How To DO This In Anafi
First set up a waypoint right above or close to it where you want your 360 pano to be. There is a option to stop it from landing so it is a good idea to set that so your Anafi does not land on you before you are done. I set mine up at 200 feet which seems to be fine but you can go higher. Take off and go to your way point.
When taking your photos use the grid lines option. It is under interface.
Remember you need over lap for best results.
When taking your photos think about a clock, start at 12 oclock and work your way around taking 8 over lapping photos looking straight out. (12-1:30-3 etc.)
When done land and go back into your way point options and set the camera angle to 45 degrees and go back up to your waypoint. Your camera will now be at 45 degrees and take another 8 photos in the same spots you did before. You then have to take two photos looking straight down but opposite each other.
So now you have 18 photos to import into your panorama program of choice. I use PanoramaStudio 2 Pro, not free but works as advertised. Using the free software ICE mentioned in the tutorial video works OK but not great.
You will also need photoshop.

Last edited:
Nice result and the workflow is pretty smart...until Parrot do the right thing and take 5' of their precious time to add auto-pano capturing to the app like DJI does !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut