Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi dropped from the sky - how to use US warranty repair?

Hello lemieszek, How crash case proceeding with Parrot support? After visiting the parrot website and not finding a form to request warranty support concerning my crash I called the support phone line. The support tech sent me a case # and a long list of questions and request for several attachments. I asked for a PDF form of this request and the tech claimed they did not have one. How strange is that? He suggested I copy and paste the email questionnaire and paste into a new email which I did. I supplied all of the info and attachments and sent the email to support. I then received an email from support informing me they could not process my claim and supplied a link with instructions to make my request for support via the "online form" within the link supplied. I went to this link which was simply the same location i had visited before. I could not locate the online form they instructed me to use. Have you found such a form?

Hi there. I got the same e-mail you did. I just hit reply and answered below each question, marking my text in red to make it distinct. Note that there's a footnote saying "To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).". So I didn't mess with anything else. Note that there's a "ref." at the very bottom of their e-mail. I assume that's something you have to keep in there.

It's been 8 days and I haven't gotten a reply, but at this point I wouldn't expect to have. Maybe in another week I'll give them a holler and see how it's going. Everything will be moving slower these coming weeks.

Hi there. I got the same e-mail you did. I just hit reply and answered below each question, marking my text in red to make it distinct. Note that there's a footnote saying "To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).". So I didn't mess with anything else. Note that there's a "ref." at the very bottom of their e-mail. I assume that's something you have to keep in there.

It's been 8 days and I haven't gotten a reply, but at this point I wouldn't expect to have. Maybe in another week I'll give them a holler and see how it's going. Everything will be moving slower these coming weeks.
I will have to check and make sure the "ref" you mentioned did copy. To be honest, my optimism is low. The way they have this set up reminds me of the frustrations I suffered before. I did find a download on how to repair your Anafi and I think they are of the opinion that should suffice as their service and warranty obligations. I don't mean to be negative and I hope I'm wrong. I will keep you posted. Good luck!

Hello Lemieszek. I just wanted to give you and the others an update. I received a reply from Parrot and a return label. They determined that the crash was due to a malfunction. They said that once they have received the drone and control they would send out the replacement within 7 to 10 days. Will the others that have followed this thread see this or should i post this update to the original thread.

Hello Lemieszek. I just wanted to give you and the others an update. I received a reply from Parrot and a return label. They determined that the crash was due to a malfunction. They said that once they have received the drone and control they would send out the replacement within 7 to 10 days. Will the others that have followed this thread see this or should i post this update to the original thread.

Hello there,

I'm glad to hear! You should go ahead and post it there as well for future reference for anyone that comes into it and needs help. Let us know how the shipment process goes!

Hello there,

I'm glad to hear! You should go ahead and post it there as well for future reference for anyone that comes into it and needs help. Let us know how the shipment process goes!
Will do thank you. How is your claim going?

I'm also waiting on a response after giving them the information they requested. They got my screenshot attachments the first time but I had to answer their questions a second time. In the meantime I replaced the broken arm on the left rear and 'bent' the gimbal L bracket straight (again) and it acts like it wants to fly. I think I'll update to 1.6.7 and give it a try.
EDIT: I did take it out and it flies good. Of course, it will take a while to build the trust back up.

Last edited:
I'm also waiting on a response after giving them the information they requested. They got my screenshot attachments the first time but I had to answer their questions a second time. In the meantime I replaced the broken arm on the left rear and 'bent' the gimbal L bracket straight (again) and it acts like it wants to fly. I think I'll update to 1.6.7 and give it a try.
EDIT: I did take it out and it flies good. Of course, it will take a while to build the trust back up.
If you haven't given them a call perhaps you should. 877-972-7768 is the number I called. I spoke with two service techs. Alex and Ethan.

I also got a warrant under crash situation yeasterday :)

IN my case the drone just startet to act errticaly and crashed.

I could retrieve the data for them to analise. (last flight)

In my case the suport team is from the uk, and i live in Portugal, they instructed me to go to the store and use the email as warranty suport documente and the receipt.

lets see how the store is going to react to this, im going there today.

I received an update from Parrot Support saying my case had been referred to the technical team and I should get a reply in 48 hours.

An update and a few clarifications for fairness:

1. My Parrot was actually *not* under warranty. Warranty in Europe is 24 months but in the US is only 12 months. I bought mine in the US. Mine was bought about 18 months ago.

2. After investigating my matter, Parrot has agreed to replace my drone under warranty anyway. I should get my return label soon.

This is outstanding service from Parrot. I've had a DJI P3Adv crash on me under similar circumstances and, as it was out of warranty, DJI didn't so much as look at my logs.

I was quite sad to have to let go of the Anafi because as far as I'm concerned it's incomparable to even a DJI P4Pro that I have access to (let me be clear - that's to my case uses). I think the Anafi's smooth motions, banking movements, arcade mode, movement customization, no propeller interference and so on are hard to live without. Also, Pix4D and Flight Plan are, to me, better than the alternatives for DJI. My case was handled nicely and quickly enough that Parrot will have my business for as long as it exists. I'm a pretty safe flyer and I always do my part for safety. It's impossible to be sure a drone won't crash - I just don't want to go for fun afternoon out and come back home 700 dollars short.

I'll update this thread once I get my replacement.

Reactions: SkySpy and ROBANAFI
An update and a few clarifications for fairness:

1. My Parrot was actually *not* under warranty. Warranty in Europe is 24 months but in the US is only 12 months. I bought mine in the US. Mine was bought about 18 months ago.

2. After investigating my matter, Parrot has agreed to replace my drone under warranty anyway. I should get my return label soon.

This is outstanding service from Parrot. I've had a DJI P3Adv crash on me under similar circumstances and, as it was out of warranty, DJI didn't so much as look at my logs.

I was quite sad to have to let go of the Anafi because as far as I'm concerned it's incomparable to even a DJI P4Pro that I have access to (let me be clear - that's to my case uses). I think the Anafi's smooth motions, banking movements, arcade mode, movement customization, no propeller interference and so on are hard to live without. Also, Pix4D and Flight Plan are, to me, better than the alternatives for DJI. My case was handled nicely and quickly enough that Parrot will have my business for as long as it exists. I'm a pretty safe flyer and I always do my part for safety. It's impossible to be sure a drone won't crash - I just don't want to go for fun afternoon out and come back home 700 dollars short.

I'll update this thread once I get my replacement.
Well that's great to hear! Although my past experiences with Parrot support have been very frustrating, I'm relatively happy with how they are handling this crash. I received my tracking number today. I'm looking forward to having the Anafi with it's great camera and unique features back in my fleet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut