Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Fell Out Of The Sky

Not sure your presumption happened, if so, why would the video stop ? And there is definitely a difference in ‘Falling from the sky’ and an ‘Auto-land’ that the original poster would have seen. The published curves really make me think of a ‘switch off and fall’ rather than an aborted RTH.
But I may be wrong...

Not sure your presumption happened, if so, why would the video stop ? And there is definitely a difference in ‘Falling from the sky’ and an ‘Auto-land’ that the original poster would have seen. The published curves really make me think of a ‘switch off and fall’ rather than an aborted RTH.
But I may be wrong...

It is also a difficult subject. :) But when the app crashes stops all commutation between the app and controller/vessel. The curves you see with the height, speed and power at the battery came from the phone/tablets memory. Therefore, Anafi seems to fall out of the sky from a height of 50 meters hven the data ends. The very true truth can only be seen in the log that is on the SD card and as we, as far as i know, do not have tools to look into.

Why writing video to SD card stops, I can not explain with more than that has been pressed on video on/off button on the controller.

You must keep in mind that the APP is not required to fly Anafi, the controller can do it alone. You can try and fly a trip without your phone/tablet connected to the controller. (Do not forget to stay within VLOS ;)).

I suppose the pilot has been so busy with the reconnection between APP and controller that he has not noticed that Anafi has quietly landed itself. By the way, no distance from the takeoff place and the place where Anafi was found is given !!! (5-10-15-20-25-50 meter) ?

Regards Leif.

Some people had same issue with Bebop 2,video recording would stop and bebop would drop down....the issue was not reseting bebop after update.....same people made anafi so i am playing safe by doing triple reset(factory,hard,battery) after every update

Indeed, I did try pressing the RTH button on the controller when the app said disconnected but I guess as the led was flashing blue that the Anafi had stopped communicating with the controller as well.

This was my first drone crash / fall out of the sky (I have three others including Karma) and was thus not really expecting it to happen.

Next time out I will taken garden gloves and secateurs with me :)

Yeah, good idea.
On the ideal preflight check-list for a drone pilot, we should add garden gloves and secateurs, a looonngg pole to get the drone out of a tree, and a lawyer (you never know). ?

Reactions: IM35461
Got a reply from support and after looking at flight log they suspect a barometer / GPS data conflict causing a system error and want to check the drone out.

Now I guess it is waiting time.

Another email.

Dear customer,
Parrot would like to thank you for your request.
We are pleased to confirm that we have received your personal data and your proof of purchase. You will receive a return authorisation slip by email very shortly.

Last edited:
Makes sense, I had a GPS module failure on the Quad (but could still fly), and they exchanged me the drone.

Keep us informed !

After chasing them up again for RMA info 24hrs later I have the information.

It does not even tell you what to include so I am just sending the bare drone with just the lens cap on.

Today of course it is pouring with rain but when it stops I will take it to the post office for it trip to France.

Edit: Hours after sending it back I got an email saying they wanted it all back including memory card. No Lithium battery warning label was included with shipping information.

A bit late for that and also I was using a 64Gb card.

I have uploaded the contents to Google drive so hopefully that will work for them.

Last edited:
Dear Customer,
Parrot would like to thank you for your request.
Today we received your RMA parcel xxxxx, which is now being analysed.
Shortly, you will receive an email explaining the action that is to be taken regarding your returned item.
Kind regards

The Parrot Customer Service team.

You are getting better response from Parrot than you would from DJI, thats for sure. Keep us posted, be interested to see how this pans out, will give us an idea of how they are going to behave :)

Reactions: Skydreamer
It is not supposed to fall out of the sky with 14% of battery life and with it so close to takeoff position it had only just said RTH in one minute and it was descending when it malfunctioned.

I suppose the old battery pack may have had an uneven charge after six or seven flights so are you suggesting I buy new batteries? Does it let you check the individual cell voltages?
Does not the percentage represent the smart battery capacity rather than just one cell if one is better than the other?

Why also was it still on several minutes later when I finally tracked it down in the bushes if the battery was exhausted?

The LED was flashing blue BTW after the connection was lost.
Flashing blue is not a low battery warning either.
"flashing light blue: no drone configured or wrong WPA key"
Any update? Did parrot support review your logs and get back to you?

It’s been awhile, but to answer your question above: yes. the logs will include a lot of data on the batteries, for each cell. Plus a bunch of other information, from user inputs on the controller and app, to barometer, IMU, and compass readings, to power draw and ESC data for each motor, GPS history, wind speed, sensor data, and probably even what you really think about your mother-in-law.

Any update? Did parrot support review your logs and get back to you?

It’s been awhile, but to answer your question above: yes. the logs will include a lot of data on the batteries, for each cell. Plus a bunch of other information, from user inputs on the controller and app, to barometer, IMU, and compass readings, to power draw and ESC data for each motor, GPS history, wind speed, sensor data, and probably even what you really think about your mother-in-law.

I got two emails yesterday but no details of any issues found. The second one said "You will receive in the next few days an email from our transporter, CHRONOPOST - EUROPE, containing a tracking number shortly."

Thus I am now waiting for that...

The battery clip seems well designed and it would be virtually impossible to not properly fit a battery correctly.

I noticed after a flight the other day my battery was not fitted correctly. Luckily I got away with it.

The rear clip of the three has a tendency not to engage and the battery can go in at a slight downward angle. This could potentially cause at least a momentary power loss. I mention it as although it may be nothing to do with what happened here it's virtually impossible to see from the top:-

IMG_20180905_125947930_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Landbo
I noticed after a flight the other day my battery was not fitted correctly. Luckily I got away with it.

The rear clip of the three has a tendency not to engage and the battery can go in at a slight downward angle. This could potentially cause at least a momentary power loss. I mention it as although it may be nothing to do with what happened here it's virtually impossible to see from the top:-

View attachment 192

Yes, you should be aware that the rear clip comes into place before pushing the battery forward and locking it. However, I do not suspect that the error could cause you to lose power or lose the battery while in flight.

But better be careful than cry over a lost Anafi. ;)

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Zamzara
Something to be aware of - if the battery is difficult to attach, it might be swollen. Take a look at the bottom - it should be perfectly flat.

Look like a replacement has been shipped :)

Wednesday 09/05/20180 5:13 PM
HUB CHILLY MAZARIN CHRONOPOST
Shipment in transit

My new drone arrived, updated firmware okay (it had an old beta version on it).

Then I made the fatal mistake of not being patient.

Very windy out so I thought a quick fly in the garden.

Yes, you guessed it, crashed into the recycling bin and it now has a few scratches on top and one prop blade is a little damaged. Even says crashed in the flight log.

Just been trying to get the scratches out with furniture polish but still shows :(

Thus I have ordered it a transfer set to hide them.

Now just need the time and good weather to try again...

Well at least you admit it was pilot error. Get that prop changed out and wait for a better day. Hopefully things will be better the next time. (y)

Reactions: IM35461

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut