Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Fell Out Of The Sky

My new drone arrived, updated firmware okay (it had an old beta version on it).

Then I made the fatal mistake of not being patient.

Very windy out so I thought a quick fly in the garden.

Yes, you guessed it, crashed into the recycling bin and it now has a few scratches on top and one prop blade is a little damaged. Even says crashed in the flight log.

Just been trying to get the scratches out with furniture polish but still shows :(

Thus I have ordered it a transfer set to hide them.

Now just need the time and good weather to try again...

Of my elbow, it was less fortunate. :oops: Then you've learned that the more it's blowing, the more space you'll have to fly. Did you forget to get a solid GPS lock (green GPS icon for the Anafi) before you left ?

Little miss Anafi can easily fly in strong winds and hold her position, in fact, she is much better than a DJI Mavic Pro. ;)

Regards Leif.

I had a good GPS but was looking at drone rather than screen plus gusts of wind.

Drone was pointing the other way to what I thought so I went towards the bin rather than away and was too close to correct my mistake.

And of course no collision avoidanced sensors on Anaffi.

Polished the scratches so much now the plastic on top has gone all gloss looking so have stuck a dymo label over the area.

Still these labels should make it look more interesting...

http://amzn.eu/d/a2mcrRs

I had a good GPS but was looking at drone rather than screen plus gusts of wind.

Drone was pointing the other way to what I thought so I went towards the bin rather than away and was too close to correct my mistake.

And of course no collision avoidanced sensors on Anaffi.

Polished the scratches so much now the plastic on top has gone all gloss looking so have stuck a dymo label over the area.

Still these labels should make it look more interesting...

http://amzn.eu/d/a2mcrRs

Yes that can happen to even the best pilot. It's much easier when you have the vessel in constant motion.

If you dress your Anafi in that camouflage disguising, it ends up that you cannot see miss Anafi in the sky any longer. ;)

Regards Leif.

Managed 3 x 20 minute flights today but due to high winds no more than 15m high.

All seems well :)

I am pleased that the damage was only cosmetic. I think, in fact, contrary to many others that miss Anafi is a solid girl. ;)

Regards Leif.

@Grim Reaper - Saw them on Amazon and did wonder whether to take the plunge for all that money...... its a risk, but sometimes you have to take the leap and to hell with the cost :D

I bought a 16 blade set from pretty much the same company. I was a bit worried about quality but they do seem to be the same as stock props and Parrot support was the one who directed me to buy them from Amazon so if they support them they must be OK to use. I saved the email from Parrot support just in case anything might happen with the props so I have back up in a dispute. :)

Reactions: d95gas
I bought a 16 blade set from pretty much the same company. I was a bit worried about quality but they do seem to be the same as stock props and Parrot support was the one who directed me to buy them from Amazon so if they support them they must be OK to use. I saved the email from Parrot support just in case anything might happen with the props so I have back up in a dispute. :)

Thats really handy to know that Parrot themselves are recommending them. (y)

Two more flights in windy conditions completed okay. Like last time a bit of a lag getting video on the phone after clicking "fly". Just a black image.

In your video, after the crash, there seem to be a little gap between the battery and the drone (that may be due to the crash).
On my Anafi, I remarked that depending on how ‘fast’ I did the connection of the battery with the drone, the ‘click’ sound could be ‘firm’ and the battery and the drone were ‘perfectly connected with no gap’ or the ‘click’ could be less evident, and there is little gap between parts.
I was wondering what could happen with the vibrations of the flight, if a little gap could induce a ‘slight disconnection’ of the battery... that would lead to an immediate fall of the drone.
Then I saw your post.
Could you guys report if you have this mixed feeling of ‘yes the battery is firmly clipped’ or ‘it did the click dull sound, the little button lever did pop up in place but not ‘fully’...

It was a "system error".

there seems to be an issue with the barometer of the unit you have on hand, the values it’s displaying are quite off the GPS ones we are getting, meaning the drone is getting conflicting information that ended up in a system error.

Guys wonder if you can guide me to right approach to parrot. My Anafi fell out of the sky from about 30m, whilst flying it around Crystal Rock in Mauritius. Only had it in air 40 secs then suddenly in just flipped over and fell into the Sea. Luckily it fell right next to a guy in the water watching it and we was able to grab it before it submerged to the bottom (about 3m). He quickly returned it to the boat from which I was filming from where I duly removed the battery and we washed it down with bottles of still water. I had already pulled the cable between controller and iPhone as soon as it crashed. Conditions on the day were really calm ( no wind), 26 degrees C. Phone was in airplane mode, as always, calibrated before each take off, battery was at 38% before take off. I had previously flown Anafi 10 mins early that day for 9mins with no issues.
Strange thing is that log on FreeFlight 6 shows only summary, Gps path, graphics are all low lighted.
I’ve had the Anafi flip on me twice before, one at about 4m height (that one I caught), the other at about 1m height whilst Preparing for a follow me shoot. That one landed upside down on soft sand. In both cases the battery had plenty of capacity left. I’m meticulous about checking battery correctly connected, Gps signal, battery status etc. Anything I could have missed?

FYI, Drone, battery, Sd card been drying out naturally now in hotel room for last few days. Only 3 months old!,

Guys wonder if you can guide me to right approach to parrot. My Anafi fell out of the sky from about 30m, whilst flying it around Crystal Rock in Mauritius. Only had it in air 40 secs then suddenly in just flipped over and fell into the Sea. Luckily it fell right next to a guy in the water watching it and we was able to grab it before it submerged to the bottom (about 3m). He quickly returned it to the boat from which I was filming from where I duly removed the battery and we washed it down with bottles of still water. I had already pulled the cable between controller and iPhone as soon as it crashed. Conditions on the day were really calm ( no wind), 26 degrees C. Phone was in airplane mode, as always, calibrated before each take off, battery was at 38% before take off. I had previously flown Anafi 10 mins early that day for 9mins with no issues.
Strange thing is that log on FreeFlight 6 shows only summary, Gps path, graphics are all low lighted.
I’ve had the Anafi flip on me twice before, one at about 4m height (that one I caught), the other at about 1m height whilst Preparing for a follow me shoot. That one landed upside down on soft sand. In both cases the battery had plenty of capacity left. I’m meticulous about checking battery correctly connected, Gps signal, battery status etc. Anything I could have missed?

FYI, Drone, battery, Sd card been drying out naturally now in hotel room for last few days. Only 3 months old!,

If you have not done so already the only option is to make contact with Parrot via their website or back to you dealer if they have a good returns policy.

Good luck.

Thankyou, Looked on parrot website and they say to contact retailer before contacting parrot support. I put it down to an Anafi malfunction or potential bug and not Pilot error, but just want to cover my bases in case they challenge this, and hence if anyone else has had similar experiences .

Sadly, my Parrot Anafi fell unexpected out of the blue, calm sky from 300 feet high…. Of course, it broke in several locations. I was taking still images for the campground and valley, did not even move the drone when is suddenly fall as a dead drone from the sky, 73% power left. Was a sad scenario seeing it a few seconds from 300’ high falling, about 800 feet from where I was standing. No interference, no signs of malfunctions, just a SUDDEN FALL. Thanks god not over something important, just into land and bushes. Took me a while to hike to the drone and found it via the last recorded GPS location and with the beeping on the ground. I made a quick report with my main Camera and reported the issue an hour later to Amazon. Amazon connected me via phone with the parrot support line (a man named Paul) and Paul has send me an email with a list of questions. I did ask Paul “how long does it take to get an answer” and he said around 24-48 hours. Sadly again, no response after now 6 days have past. Today is Sunday but tomorrow I will contact Amazon again. The purchase was just about 6 weeks ago and being a very faithful Amazon buyer for many years I hope that they help me to get the drone replaced. Though, I am now worry that it could fall again and again, after reading online that it happens to some others as well. I also attach a screen shot of the flight record. It shows a sudden end in 300-something high.

Attachments

• Drone Flight Records.png
    Drone Flight Records.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Drone Flight Records.png
    Drone Flight Records.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member