Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Just Went Crazy

Sorry to hear about the drone loss. Hope you find it and sort out what happened. Be sure to post up what happens.

Dang! I hope you're able to find it easily with the other drone.

I wonder if it was the result of some weird natural electromagnetic interference of some sort? Apparently there are numerous anomalies of this kind the further South & North we get on this planet.

Could it have been interference from your device?
Was your device in Airplane Mode?
I have added 'Switching to airplane mode' to my preflight checklist.

I feel your pain. I've lost 7 or 8 in 3 years. Parrot should cover it as it was obviously a malfunction. If not just hang tight and refirbs should be on the market before long.

Could it be a helix that broke? With the cold..they look delicate.

I am charging my Autel X-star batteries tonight and plan to fly just above the 40 foot trees to see if I can capture any sightings of it. If it fell to the ground I am afraid it will have to wait till spring to look again as the snow is soft and fluffy and anything falling into it disappears. :( I did not see any indentation when I went and looked for it so I am thinking it is hung up in a tall tree near where it said it should be. Again, like looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Wish you the best! Good luck.
If you'll find it unbroken, you'll need a lot of rice... :oops:

This was yesterday? I read all the GPS post before I went out and did a day of shooting. I could not get GPS at all for the first two hours. I’m wondering if the secret GPS overlords are switching systems due to the new launches of better satellites? I experienced an auto RTH that almost descended into wires that was unusual. I shut down and restarted and the next flight was fine. I hope you find it. I’ve taken to adding micro strobes to the back of my batteries and that’s helped me locate crashes typhoons before. If hope you find it. It’s a horrible feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In the program FF6 on the page "Data confidentiality ---> My flidhts" there is information about this flight?

No there is not because when it crashed it shut itself off and no information was transfered to parrot cloud. Only thing I have is it showing the last known place before the crssh which looks to be up some 40 foot spruce trees. If it managed to crash land on the ground there is 3 feet of fresh snow and there was no indication of a fresh spot in the snow. I do remember before it shut off seeing branches. More then likely up in a tree but which one is the question.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

if he hit about spruce trees then he did not fall down. Is now on the tree.
You can try to fly another drone at the same height and in the same direction. Maybe you will understand which trees you need to pay attention to searches.

from another drone see Anafi in spruce trees hard.
It is necessary to climb each tree at a distance of 5-6 meters from the point of the last flight and carefully watch them.
If it is real

Oh it is real. I am 61 years old and if you think I am going to climb each 40 foot tree you Sir need to rethink your comment. I am not going to put my life and limbs at risk for a UAV. It really is not worth it.

If indeed the way point it gave me for the last known location is accurate to within 3 meters, come next early June when the snow is gone I will give it another look. I have seen UAV's sit in a river for 4 months and once dried out it fired right up. All I want is the log file from it. Here in Canada the warranty is good for 1 year so I have till July 14th 2019 to find it :)

My young son with 20-20 vision was out today and we both looked again but nothing. Snow is to deep to move around and the trees are pretty thick where it said it should be.

This is where it said it ended up. A little over 600 feet from my back yard. Now add 3-4 feet of snow to this picture and it will give you some idea of what I am up against.

2019-01-14_185253.png

you could find a monkey ( tree climber ) should be easy to find ... those trees are easy to climb and prety safe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh