Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Just Went Crazy

As Agustine is the "man on the ground" he has the best information to decide whether a SAR is practical and economic. It is no good spending more than the Anafi is worth trying to find it especially when he is not 100% sure that it is in those trees. I hate losing things more than most (ask my wife) but sometimes you just have to put it down to experience and move on. We also do not yet know how Parrot will respond to the Incident. If they give Agustine a new drone then finding the old one is no longer a priority.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Thank you everyone for the suggestions but as Liger 1956 has said I am the person on the ground and know what can and cannot be done safely and legally to look for the Anafi. So far I have received a form to fill out with as much information that I can provide to Parrot with requested pictures and copies of prove of purchase. This will be sent out later today and then the next move will be Parrots. I am closing this post till I hear back from them and then will reopen it and update the results.

Reactions: ufosaboveus
After filling out their form asking for more information that I received yesterday and attaching some pictures they requested I sent it all off to them this morning. I just received good news that they will be sending me a new one but I have to send back what ever I have left. Got my Return label and RMA number. Will send it off tomorrow. I am very pleased with the way Parrot handled this in a timely manor.

Hello

Please be advised that we approved of your case however we don't have the drone as standalone, so you will be receiving an e-mail with return label sent the rest of the item to us. Once we receive the box, we will send you a new package.

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
1 (877) 972-7768

Agustine, that is very good news and is the correct decision from Parrot.
I hope that your new one will behave itself. You may have to give it a stern talking to before you fly it!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
After filling out their form asking for more information that I received yesterday and attaching some pictures they requested I sent it all off to them this morning. I just received good news that they will be sending me a new one but I have to send back what ever I have left. Got my Return label and RMA number. Will send it off tomorrow. I am very pleased with the way Parrot handled this in a timely manor.

Hello

Please be advised that we approved of your case however we don't have the drone as standalone, so you will be receiving an e-mail with return label sent the rest of the item to us. Once we receive the box, we will send you a new package.

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

Congratulations, it was a quick expedition from Parrot. :) I suppose it's an office in the US you're communicating with ?

I have not yet heard of Parrot in Paris regarding my Anafi. The 48 hours are probably not 2 working days but calculated from the time the technician is in his workplace. \ /

Regards, Leif.

Yes Leif, Canadian customers use the US office for support. Even still I was very surprised at how fast they moved this through. I was as detailed as possible with my information with pictures of the search area. Maybe this had something to do with it. What ever it was I can now relax and wait for the new one to arrive.

Wow! That is good service. Glad to hear that there's a happy ending.

Hello

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

Fantastic news! - Congratulations Agustine.

This probably means that they have discovered problems in the Dolly Zoom operation. - My guess.

Best Regards
Vassilis

Excellent news, Parrot seems to be a very straight up group!

Fantastic news! - Congratulations Agustine.

This probably means that they have discovered problems in the Dolly Zoom operation. - My guess.

Best Regards
Vassilis
I had strange behavior with Dolly Zoom also - first attempt Anafi tried to fly further than 30m, and almost got into a tree, but I canceled it, and second time it went fine, but have not recorded any footage. I had the same with Boomerang also (no footage or it says "3..2...1", and Anafi just stays in place doing nothing). But most of the time Boomerang worked fine.

This is very interesting to me. I received the spontaneous "motors cut out" error while just flying around. I'm an experienced flyer and there was nothing out of the ordinary to cause it. Have flown about 30 successful flights with this bird and now it's gone. This really makes me wonder if there is in fact some bug in the software. I was completely up to date. I think next time I might put a trackimo device on it or one of those super loud alarms. But your story Agustine is encouraging, and hopefully I will have the same experience with Parrot and they will stand by their product.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Late yesterday I shot off a follow up email to Parrot about how the warranty would work on the new Anafi.
I kind of thought it would just carry on from the old one and I was correct but the interesting part is if you were at the end of your warranty they would extend it by 3 months . Now thats stand up service from Parrot. :)

Please be advised that the warranty is a continuation for the old drone, however in case if the original warranty has like a month left or so we extend the warranty for 3 months from the date you receive the new drone.

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento