Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi or Mavic Pro Platinum

Stupid question here for some but here goes, is autonomous flight exactly that or does it still need to be connected to phone and controller?
What I'm asking is if I build a flight plan and send the Anafi off will it complete that flight on it's own or does it need to still be in range of the phone / controller?
Thanks in advance...

As long as it has enough battery power to complete the flight it will. If it figures it does not have enough battery power it will return to home or it should.

Agustine thanks for that, so if I where to switch off the controller it would complete mission (battery power allowing) and return to the last home point?

Agustine thanks for that, so if I where to switch off the controller it would complete mission (battery power allowing) and return to the last home point?

Yes the Anafi will complete the flightplan - even if the controller is off or out of range.

After it will then RTH if it does not make contact with the controller.

It turely autonomous once you press green arrow flight plan is loaded into Anafi. If your connection drops for any reason it keeps flying until it reachs the end of flight. I loose connection all the time Anafi will reconnect when it can on long flights or flights in dark area. This is why it is so important to get a good home point and make sure both GPS icons are green . I normally make a small manual flight and then switch over in the air after I have two GPS green icons. It is a little intimidating at first so always try to have a short test flight first using manual and then load FP test. I also never leave the ground without a tracking device just in case.

It turely autonomous once you press green arrow flight plan is loaded into Anafi. If your connection drops for any reason it keeps flying until it reachs the end of flight. I loose connection all the time Anafi will reconnect when it can on long flights or flights in dark area. This is why it is so important to get a good home point and make sure both GPS icons are green . I normally make a small manual flight and then switch over in the air after I have two GPS green icons. It is a little intimidating at first so always try to have a short test flight first using manual and then load FP test. I also never leave the ground without a tracking device just in case.
One note: Some Anafi fell from the sky even at 20% charge. There are separate threads about this and the solution. Until Parrot resolves this, voltage monitoring remains with the modified FF6 (thanks to Anafipilot1).
I would not fly to a distant waypoint in your seats if the battery is not in good condition. Unfortunately, at any time, you may turn off and not come home, or go home and fall down.
I don’t want to scare anyone but until you’re sure the suitability of your own batteries, I don’t advise using Waypoint outside of telemetry ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320