Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Thermal did its impression of a falling brick from 400ft up....

Kanuk_Guy

Reaction score
My trusty Anafi thermal just dropped out of the sky today, right at the end of a pile measurement flight over a really busy and sensitive industrial area. Luckily (?) it didn't hit anything. It seemed to tumble as it started to auto-land, and was making a louder than normal buzzing sound. It was operating autonomously with the Pix4D capture app. Frame is not broken, but I wonder about the sensors and motors. I was running the latest firmware, and the drone is out of warranty.

Not sure if it's related but I've had issued with the drone not wanting to shut down, when certain batteries are in. I really loved the little guy because it would often work when I had issues with my DJI systems. Not sure I can spend the money on another one if they just drop out of the sky.

What was the last battery level, before this?
Seems to me you caught the sudden battery death, but still it went into auto-land, before.
Just still to late to get it safely down to the ground.

It was between 30-40%. Will Parrot look at logs, if my unit is out of warranty?

Do people who experience this end to buying another unit? I really need a non DJI backup system, specifically because of the non restricted flight ops.

I did not buy a new (just Anafi, no thermal) one.
Mainly because it can happen with every new bird, with every battery again.

So 400 ft, but still 30% before auto landing.
Should have gotten it save to the ground, methinks.
That looks like the mainboard shutdown voltage got reached before the birds and the batteries intelligence saw that even commin!

There is only one, nope, there are 2 things, I really miss:
The no nfz feature an the 180 degree camera angle!

The no hight limit is not really a thing for me and the stop and go in missions didn't make me happy, too.

The flaw in the 2 cell batt design, plus the "no real intelligence" (imho!) in batt firmware, bird firmware and FF6 (if there could be any) did take it away from mem, to buy a new one.
Aside: Now it is almost impossible, to get new batteries.
All to find is manufatured "years" ago, it seems.
Not even sure if there a birds made in 21!

And I don't think, Parrot will even consider more as an "out of warranty, sorry. But we can repair it"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood