Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any way to fly with a certain firmware version? Or a list of known good versions?

fuzzybabybunny

Reaction score
My Anafi fell out of the sky suddenly and without warning and killed itself. It had been acting strange ever since the last firmware update.

I just bought a new Anafi (I'm at the beginning of a long road trip out into the Outback) and I only want to fly with a stable firmware version. I certainly don't want it to auto-update to the latest firmware and have the same issue happen again. Any way to do this?

The Anafi was on 1.2.1 when it dropped.

The list of known FW versions:
Mostly they brought improvements and more stability, but also new bugs, that were mostly debugged in the following version.
Looks quite normal …

I haven’t updated mine in 2 or 3 months (don’t recall which FW) and don’t intend on updating. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. I don’t care for some of the new tricks they re cramming in

I haven’t updated mine in 2 or 3 months (don’t recall which FW) and don’t intend on updating. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. I don’t care for some of the new tricks they re cramming in
Of course that's a way to go.
But I would be careful: The Anafi FW, SC3 FW and FF6 version are related, that means that new features in the Anafi FW are only usable with a new FF6 and/or SC3 FW version.
No one can say whether there is a complete downward compatibility of one of the 3 FW/software versions.
The same maybe true for the bugs: possibly to solve a problem by Parrot needs changes not only in ONE part of the 3 versions but in 2 or 3. Then updating only 1 or 2 by a user might make things even worse.

I m running FW 1.1.0 and FF 6.1.1. Works fine, sticking with it for a while. As mentioned I don’t care for the new features.

But you are right, using a newer version of FreeFlight with older firmware, or vice versa, can cause issue. Update all or nothing.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Here you can see a "Anafi FW/SW update timeline" until yesterday:
Timeline.PNG
If you are using FF6 6.1.1, then you should better use Anafi FW 1.1.0, because this FW "belongs" to FF6 6.1.1.
But of course: Now you cannot choose the FW you want … ;)

Is there a way to confirm the firmware on the Smart Battery? How is the smart battery updated - eg, if i update the Anafi with 1 battery in, when/how does the 2nd battery get updated? Does it auto happen when you install it and power up after an update?

I wonder if any of the anafi falling out of the air is related to battery firmware not being up to date....

Is there a way to confirm the firmware on the Smart Battery? How is the smart battery updated - eg, if i update the Anafi with 1 battery in, when/how does the 2nd battery get updated? Does it auto happen when you install it and power up after an update?

I wonder if any of the anafi falling out of the air is related to battery firmware not being up to date....
You can see the the battery FW version on the INFO page on the Anafi Webserver page: 192.168.42.1

You can see the the battery FW version on the INFO page on the Anafi Webserver page: 192.168.42.1
Can you expand on the "Anafi Webserver"? how does one access this url? with PC via USB? Or phone via WiFi? I would like to check my battery SW versions as well!

Can you expand on the "Anafi Webserver"? how does one access this url? with PC via USB? Or phone via WiFi? I would like to check my battery SW versions as well!
If you connect your laptop with Anafi's Wifi (instead of your home Wifi), then you can see the Anafi webserver page on your browser using the above IP address.

If you connect your laptop with Anafi's Wifi (instead of your home Wifi), then you can see the Anafi webserver page on your browser using the above IP address.

Thanks! I'll play around with it.

Edit, I was able to connect with my iPhone, just went to WiFi setup and found the Anafi network while connected to the drone with the TX, used the WiFi password on the Anafi sticker under the battery. I used Safari browser on the phone and went to 192.168.42.1 and got the Anafi web GUI, my battery s/w is 1.0.5.0 will test my other packs now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB