Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

I went with official FF 6.6.0 first, updated both Sky Controller and Anafi. Tested with Geo fence off, since I read about no altitude limits...but saw no slider to 4000m. Uninstalled FF 6.6.0 and side loaded FF 6.5.2-rc4 and slider is now there with geo fence on. I don't allow FF 6.5.2-rc4 to update the Anafi firmware when it prompts.

I also have a similar result with slider to 4000 m on Altitude by installing FF 6.5.2-rc4 together with updating firmwires on Anafi at 1.6.1-rc4 and Skycontroller at

The purchase apps can be resumed without problem. But it has some tricky when the screen pop up to pay money, just click the lowest bottom icon to confirm rather than the fake ... visa... xxx., then, the apps can be resumed.

I just wonder whether this mod FF 6.5.2-rc4 will have longer range or not similar to FCC mode FF 6.6.0.1.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.26.30 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.26.30 AM.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 30
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.14.53 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.14.53 AM.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.13.52 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.13.52 AM.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.13.26 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-22 at 2.13.26 AM.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 27
Where are you guys getting this FF 6.5.2-rc4 from? Any links I click on just take me to Google Play store. View attachment 2779
They have removed the link from the Parrot Web Site, now points you to Google Play Store. I have the original file that gives you the increased height, and can put a link up, but tonight I am away from home so cannot access the file. Happy to put it up in the morning if nobody else posts its this evening.

Where are you guys getting this FF 6.5.2-rc4 from? Any links I click on just take me to Google Play store. View attachment 2779
I put in my mega cloud:
Last beta firmware anafi 1.61-rc4 is dated 18 september. This time i downloaded with this app without my android account and my purchase not lost. (I re-purchased last time).

Last edited:
Reactions: bodhi
I also have a similar result with slider to 4000 m on Altitude by installing FF 6.5.2-rc4 together with updating firmwires on Anafi at 1.6.1-rc4 and Skycontroller at

The purchase apps can be resumed without problem. But it has some tricky when the screen pop up to pay money, just click the lowest bottom icon to confirm rather than the fake ... visa... xxx., then, the apps can be resumed.

I just wonder whether this mod FF 6.5.2-rc4 will have longer range or not similar to FCC mode FF 6.6.0.1.
Have you tried to see if it goes over 150 meters with free flight. For FCC check if you have the channels from 36 to 48.

I have this version installed and updated the firmware without issue. I used the same account for Parrot, that I do for Google Play Store, and it was able to recover my "Purchased" applications without issue.

Although there was the option to purchase them with the "Fake Credit Card" details that are in that software.

I have this version installed and updated the firmware without issue. I used the same account for Parrot, that I do for Google Play Store, and it was able to recover my "Purchased" applications without issue.

Although there was the option to purchase them with the "Fake Credit Card" details that are in that software.
Last anafi firmware 1.61rc4 dated 18 september still have the altitude unlocked (more than 150m with geofence off) like 1.61rc2?

Have you tried to see if it goes over 150 meters with free flight. For FCC check if you have the channels from 36 to 48.

Test and fly today. the drone can go up over 150 m but the the signal is too weak and disconnected...OH NO.........

Also, this FF 6.5.2-rc4 version is not FCC mode and the drone suffer higher signal interference than FCC mode particularly in my place HK.

So, i remove this FF 6.5.2-rc4 version and re-install FF 6.6.0.1 (FCC mode) but i cannot resume the purchase apps even i want to pay it again.

I need to remove FF 6.6.0.1 (FCC mode) and install the official version of FF6 6.0 from Google Play. After installing the official version, i can pay and purchase back the apps again.

I am not sure what happen but there is something wrong with the payment under FF 6.6.0.1 (FCC mode) version.

To conclude, my experience, if your place without strong wifi signal inference and no need FPV mode, you can try FF 6.5.2-rc4 version with altitude bar of 4000 m otherwise, it is not worth do so since the new version FF 6.6.0.1 (FCC mode) and FF 6.6.0. (official) can fly high up to 4000 m when the geo-fence is switching off as mentioned by others guys before.

I emailed Parrot support a few weeks ago regarding the BETA firmware and the fact that my in app purchases were no longer working, I corresponded back and forth concerning these problems (yes, I know that one of the problems was of my own making, as I shouldn't have updated to a BETA firmware), I received an email from Parrot today stating "Your request to return a product has been registered by the Customer Services team", at no point did I request an RMA.... however, I have parcelled up the drone and SC3 and popped it in the post and sent it off.... I will keep ya updated as to the outcome as to whether I receive the original drone back with an official firmware....

To conclude, my experience, if your place without strong wifi signal inference and no need FPV mode, you can try FF 6.5.2-rc4 version with altitude bar of 4000 m otherwise, it is not worth do so since the new version FF 6.6.0.1 (FCC mode) and FF 6.6.0. (official) can fly high up to 4000 m when the geo-fence is switching off as mentioned by others guys before.
That's true. There's no reason to use a "development version" of the app. Usually dev version of firmwares have fixed variable settings, so nobody knows what will happen if such conditions take effect. It can suddenly, for example, lose the GPS signal and can hurt people due to malfunctioning from those variables.

At this moment, people must avoid installing it, especially the drone firmware, and if you have already installed the dev version of firmware, you need to wait until higher versions of official firmware released or wait for Parrot's feedback.

After one month with latest updates, nothing happened from Parrot. RESTORE PURCHASE button does not work and support does not exists.
FF6 v.6.6.1 - SC3 v.1.6.2 - Anafi v.1.6.1 (from 1.6.1-rc2)

you are no longer running a BETA firmware, keep on at Parrot support they will eventually send you some unlock codes for the purchases you have already made...

Reactions: Ratmir and dkokki
curiosity got the better of me regarding this anomaly of some users of their Anafi with 1.6.1.-rc2 firmware not being able to take off from a ground launch.....I had to try it out indoors (not a good idea I know.....) , I tried twice for take off and I had no hassles at all... well my little staffie dog did.... she ran out of the room and in to the kitchen.... must have frighted the crap out of her...staffies are wusses....LOL
Poor staffie, mines a bit of a wuss as well with noises

Interesting think:
I'm not sure, at which version my Anafi and Controller is in the moment.
But I have root the tablet yesterday. This means all apps are deleted during this process.
I've installed the latest FreeFlight 6 (6.6.6.6) from Google play and login into my Parrot account.
After that I DL the 203.FCC version, rename the odb folder, deinstall the original version and installed the 203.FCC version and rename the odb folder back to the original name.
After start the content of the folder was renewed : In the backup folder of 6.6.6.6 there are higher update files included as now with the 203.Fcc version.

Who knows where I can get an older version of Freeflight 6. I think I need to revert to get my controller to connect again. Not sure why, but it stopped connecting.

Why do you think that you need an older version of FF6? What version are you on now and what version due you think that you want?

It appears from your previous posts that you have had trouble replacing one of the arms. Has this somehow caused the controller to lose sync with the Anafi? Have you tried connecting the controller to the Anafi with a USB cable and then following the instructions from Parrot to re-pair them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh