Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

I can tell you that I had all official versions on my devices, and no slider to 4000m. Once I changed the .apk ONLY to FF6 6.5.2, I now have the slider to 4000m. FF 6.6.0, at least on my device will not allow you to "slide" to 4000m. Geofence on or off. I did turn off geofence and was able to hit 333m straight up....started to lose signal. I made some test flights over the weekend using FF6 6.5.2 without issues.

F 6.6.0 has not the altitude to 4k
6.5.2 rc2 or rc4 has it
With 1.6.1 rc2 or 1.6.1 in the drone.
SC must connect with anafi at first

Last edited:
You don't need the 1.6.1 rc2 firmware on the drone. Official 1.6.1 works fine. You do need FF 6.5.2 rc4 though.
This is what my setup currently has.

You don't need the 1.6.1 rc2 firmware on the drone. Official 1.6.1 works fine. You do need FF 6.5.2 rc4 though.
This is what my setup currently
Last official anafi firmware is 1.6.0 the 1.61rc2 and more updated is only in beta. The controller firmware is 1.61, both firmware have the alt limit disabled.

Yes, sorry...I mixed up the versions. Anafi has 1.6.0, Sky Controller has 1.6.1 and FF is 6.5.2 rc4. This combination is the only way I get the 4000m slider.

Yes, sorry...I mixed up the versions. Anafi has 1.6.0, Sky Controller has 1.6.1 and FF is 6.5.2 rc4. This combination is the only way I get the 4000m slider.
If you disable the geofences the limits are the same even on the last 6.6.0 app. the difference lies in the firmware.

Reactions: Quad808
Not sure ... 6.6.0 has a limit of 500m didnt see
4k...
Yes, this is why I was trying to make it clear....if you want the 4000m slider, you need the FF 6.5.2r2 or r4. But, if you disable geofence, there is no limit. I wanted the slider so that you can actually keep using Geofence, but have a higher limit that you can set.

Was the Sky Controller FW really updated to v 1.6.1 already with the BETA FF 6.5.2-rc4 or was this first done by official 6.5.3 or 6.6.0?

Was the Sky Controller FW really updated to v 1.6.1 already with the BETA FF 6.5.2-rc4 or was this first done by official 6.5.3 or 6.6.0?
I think the dev old app 6.5.2-rc4 download and upgrade at different ftp andress than official (last official firmware or beta). The controller firmware 1.61 is the last and the team is on work only on anafi firmware at this time. I updated from 6.52-rc4 before 6.6.0 is out and now i have 1.61 official and final controller firmware and last beta anafi firmware 1.61rc2 dated 28august more advanced than 1.6.0 dated 13 august.

I went with official FF 6.6.0 first, updated both Sky Controller and Anafi. Tested with Geo fence off, since I read about no altitude limits...but saw no slider to 4000m. Uninstalled FF 6.6.0 and side loaded FF 6.5.2-rc4 and slider is now there with geo fence on. I don't allow FF 6.5.2-rc4 to update the Anafi firmware when it prompts.

New beta firmware avaiable and download in developer app 6.52rc4 now anafi firmware 1.6.1-rc4 from old 1.6.1-rc2

Yesterday, I wrote about this issue on the Parrot developer's forum, and now the inhouse apk link is removed.

Let's see how they response to this.

Hmmm.. this topic disappeared pretty quickly...

• Angry
Reactions: Frontier
I also wrote on that thread, explaining the issues I have with non restoring in-app purchases and it was gone in a few hours.
Already have an open support ticket, let's wait and see where it goes.

Don't hold your breath too long.... I fired a support ticket to Parrot and I received a reply on the 13th September... I replied immediately and I am still waiting a response... :(:(:mad:

Don't hold your breath too long.... I fired a support ticket to Parrot and I received a reply on the 13th September... I replied immediately and I am still waiting a response... :(:(:mad:
They replied to the ticket - after calling their UK support hotline one week after opening it (and no answer) - and replied asking for a video showing the problem.
I've uploaded a video to Youtube showing the issue and provided them also the Google Play in-app order IDs.
While waiting for Parrot to answer, I also contacted Google Play store support and they suggested that I'd contact the app developer and ask for a refund (in order to re-order the in-app purchases). This information was also provided to Parrot.
More waiting now...

just had to fill in purchase details on an online form that was emailed to me by Parrot support..... why the heck they need that for in app purchase problems? or could it be that they are going to request the Anafi be sent back so they can install an official firmware...

they wrote:

"Dear Customer.

Thank you for contacting Parrot.
At this stage of the procedure we need all your personal information.
In case of a support of your product, these elements will be necessary in order to be able to bring you a solution.

Please click here in order to send back your information to our Customer service.
Upon receipt of the requested information, Parrot will contact you by mail to solve your problem."

would this be a standard fob off email then.....LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar