Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

Hi all, I've just got a new drone and it's stuck in beta. I've searched but can't find the apk on the website. Does someone have a link because I'm clearly a bit stupid and can't find it
Try reading this. It looks like it is similar go your problem.

Has anyone tried the web interface's update function? Maybe there's an update menu and you can choose a firmware you want to update.
That function does not allow you to downgrade normally, but it worth a try...

I would remove the firmware verification on that function if i were a parrot developer.

Somewhere I've read, that if you've a low FW version l, you must go over a FW in the middle. It was on Parrot in the FAQ or in the community of Parrot which is linked from they Homepage

Has anyone tried the web interface's update function? Maybe there's an update menu and you can choose a firmware you want to update.
That function does not allow you to downgrade normally, but it worth a try...

I would remove the firmware verification on that function if i were a parrot developer.

I have tried several attempts to downgrade back to firmware v1.5.6 via the web based interface, all I got for my troubles was the error "Bad Update file", I have to add that this was the 1.5.6 firmware that is bundled with the 1.6.1-rc2 , so perhaps not a proper firmware 1.5.6 firmware file....... I have searched high and low to no avail for all the Parrot firmware files...

Just wondering ... is there a thread for discussing the latest FF6 (v6.6.0) or is this it? A lot of the posts in this one seem to refer to problems which appear to be caused by Parrot releasing versions in the past week, then removing versions etc etc (and downloading the APK separately) and I'm confused whether all these problems would also relate to a normal update if doing it now (I am currently on FF6 v6.5.2 / Anafi 1.5.6 / Skycontroller 1.5.1). Thanks!

Just wondering ... is there a thread for discussing the latest FF6 (v6.6.0) or is this it? A lot of the posts in this one seem to refer to problems which appear to be caused by Parrot releasing versions in the past week, then removing versions etc etc (and downloading the APK separately) and I'm confused whether all these problems would also relate to a normal update if doing it now (I am currently on FF6 v6.5.2 / Anafi 1.5.6 / Skycontroller 1.5.1). Thanks!

This Thread should be what your looking for I think.

Yesterday, I wrote about this issue on the Parrot developer's forum, and now the inhouse apk link is removed.

Let's see how they response to this.

Reactions: bodhi and kimber45
Yesterday, I wrote about this issue on the Parrot developer's forum, and now the inhouse apk link is removed.

Let's see how they response to this.

I fired a support ticket off to them today.... shan't hold my breath...LOL

I am confused on the 4km limits. I am running the latest Freeflight from Play store. Updated the drone to 1.6.1. I was able to turn off Geofence and fly 333m without issue, straight up. (started losing signal at that point) In Freeflight, it doesn't show 4km anywhere.
So my understanding is, to have Geofence ON and showing 4km Altitude and Distance, you need to be on firmware 1.6.1-rc4? And that is in the inhouse apk file, correct?? I hand launch anyway, so if that is an issue with that firmware, no biggie to me. Can anyone show a screenshot of FreeFlight showing Geofence ON, and 4km limits??

If being on firmware 1.6.1 and just turning off Geofence removes altitude/distance limits when needed...(flying mountainside for example) I am fine with staying on 1.6.1.

Also, this link still works for firmware:

Last edited:
I am confused on the 4km limits. I am running the latest Freeflight from Play store. Updated the drone to 1.6.1. I was able to turn off Geofence and fly 333m without issue, straight up. (started losing signal at that point) In Freeflight, it doesn't show 4km anywhere.
So my understanding is, to have Geofence ON and showing 4km Altitude and Distance, you need to be on firmware 1.6.1-rc4? And that is in the inhouse apk file, correct?? I hand launch anyway, so if that is an issue with that firmware, no biggie to me. Can anyone show a screenshot of FreeFlight showing Geofence ON, and 4km limits??

If being on firmware 1.6.1 and just turning off Geofence removes altitude/distance limits when needed...(flying mountainside for example) I am fine with staying on 1.6.1.

Also, this link still works for firmware:
No, FF6 6.5.2-rc2 just does not limit the maximum value of the altitude slide, and 6.6.0 limits it to 150m.
When a drone connected, the drone sends its altitude range to the phone, and it is [0.5m, 4000m]. There's no difference between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1-rc4 in terms of altitude limit.

No, FF6 6.5.2-rc2 just does not limit the maximum value of the altitude slide, and 6.6.0 limits it to 150m.
When a drone connected, the drone sends its altitude range to the phone, and it is [0.5m, 4000m]. There's no difference between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1-rc4 in terms of altitude limit.
So....If I side load the parrot apk and go to FF6 6.5.2, I can use the slider and geofence up to 4000m?

EDIT
Yep, update your drone to 1.6.1 via Playstore FF6. Then, uninstall FF6 from your device. Download FF6 6.5.2 via https://www.parrot.com/files/s3fs-public/firmware/FreeFlight6-world-inhouse.apk Side load it. Connect everything up. Chose to NOT update the Anafi firmware. This way you stay on Official 1.6.1. Now you can use geo fence with the new limits, which is basically no limit, since I don't think the anafi will fly that far or high anyway. Done.
Fly safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratmir
I have beta anafi firmware 1.6.1-rc2 is out a new beta rc4? Last official anafi firmware is 1.6.0 or 1.6.1? I know is 1.6.1 on controller and 1.6.0 anafi is the last official is true?

I have beta anafi firmware 1.6.1-rc2 is out a new beta rc4? Last official anafi firmware is 1.6.0 or 1.6.1? I know is 1.6.1 on controller and 1.6.0 anafi is the last official is true?

Think you have the latest release....I'm not aware of any other firmware...

I have just installed the official app and as reported by others the purchased features restore option does not work but as I hope to fly it tomorrow and not wanting to spend time with support I just purchased them again (that at least works).

It has managed to find all my flights and says the drone and controller firmware are up to date.

Flying over land next so I shall see what happens with the app / firmware combo.

Results

First two flights were fine but on the third one the controller would not see the drone (app could see the controller).

Shutting the controller lid and opening it fixed the issue.

Only tried basic flying with no problems.

Last edited:
So....If I side load the parrot apk and go to FF6 6.5.2, I can use the slider and geofence up to 4000m?

EDIT
Yep, update your drone to 1.6.1 via Playstore FF6. Then, uninstall FF6 from your device. Download FF6 6.5.2 via https://www.parrot.com/files/s3fs-public/firmware/FreeFlight6-world-inhouse.apk Side load it. Connect everything up. Chose to NOT update the Anafi firmware. This way you stay on Official 1.6.1. Now you can use geo fence with the new limits, which is basically no limit, since I don't think the anafi will fly that far or high anyway. Done.
Fly safe.
You can use the slider up to 4000m with the OFFICIAL app and firmware. Do not download that dev version of app and firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar