Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

and no doubt Parrot will try and wriggle out of any warranty claims made against this BETA firmware..... Just saying....LOL , I have the BETA installed on my drone....
if someone who bought the drone goes to the parrot site and downloads the app which in turn is a developer (because of them) and asks to update the firmware automatically unaware that it is a beta (parrot's fault)

And yet even with the App being back on the Paly Store, you can still down load the FreeFlight6-world-inhouse.apk I would say Parrot is well aware of it being there and not much they can do if people are using it. They would have many people taking them to court if they tried to back out of a warranty claim.

Reactions: Skassa
ciao a tutti, non sono stato in grado di contattare il pappagallo dall'Italia per 5 giorni, ho anche aperto 2 biglietti ma non rispondono, che delusione

so, how many of us on here implemented the 1.61.-rc2 firmware update... I haven't had a chance to test it out as yet due to this lovely Scottish weather we ain't having ....;-)

That 1.6.1rc2 is presumably the SC3 code, now released at 1.6.1... The Anafi release is 1.6.0.
So - upgrade to the release?

Reactions: Gérard
That 1.6.1rc2 is presumably the SC3 code, now released at 1.6.1... The Anafi release is 1.6.0.

think the firmware that some of us upgraded to was a beta.... as there is no way that the 1.6.0 release can be installed over the top of the rc2 firmware.... please don't attempt to upgrade to this 1.6.1-rc2 , stick with the original firmware that came with FF6 6.6.0 or stick with v1.5.6 if you are happy with that one..

1.6.1 rc2 is higher than 1.6.0. I think is more advanced than 1.6.0 less bug or egual than 1.6.0. I flight sunday 2 batteries and no problem. Make a panorama shot and video at 4k and go up at 200m in freeflight at 1000m of distance. Rth and precise landing better than 1.52.

To be clear there are *two* firmware versions, for the two devices. The 1.6.1 rc2 - was that for SC3 or Anafi?

To be clear there are *two* firmware versions, for the two devices. The 1.6.1 rc2 - was that for SC3 or Anafi?
1.6.1-rc2 was for the Anafi, and 1.6.1 was for the SC3.. sorry bud... my old brain is not working well tonight.... ;);):cool:

Reactions: Skassa
OK, I have two Anafi's The first one I used the APK from Parrots site which in turn wanted me to update which I did. That gave me Software Version 1.6.1-rc2 which was has a Software Build Date of Wed Aug 28 14:07:13 UTC 2019

My other Anafi I had the new Google Play store FF6 and when I started that Anafi it wanted to update the firmware which I did. The RC is used between the two so it did not want me to update it at this time.
That gave me Software Version 1.6.0 which has a Software Build Date Tue Aug 13 16:32:42 UTC 2019
Now if you look at the dates 1.6.1-rc2 is the newest firmware going by the date. ?

Anafi 1
Wi-Fi Access Point ANAFI-E004784
Wi-Fi MAC Address 90:3A:E6:36:60:CF
Model Anafi
Serial Number PI040416AA8E004784
Software Version 1.6.1-rc2
Software Build Date Wed Aug 28 14:07:13 UTC 2019
Hardware Version 3
Debuggable 0
Boot ID 38E6E4628EE9926B5B457E75B9B5FC29
Board ID
Academy ID FC40A9716F2A8916FD092DCFD93EECFF
Last Resource ID 100000680094.MP4
User Storage ID E156-16FC
User Storage Status ready
Usb Mode mass_storage
Last Update Boot Count 8
Last Update Status
Last Update Source Software Version
Last Update Target Software Version

Flying State landed
Controller Name
Controller Type
Controller Address
PCB Serial Number AF8EMK0RFF
Smart Battery Date 03/06/2019
Smart Battery GFW Version 26100020001900038502
Smart Battery Serial Number B8E008297
Smart Battery USB Version 0.10
Smart Battery Software Version 1.0.9.0

Anafi 2
Wi-Fi Access Point ANAFI-E006370
Wi-Fi MAC Address 90:3A:E6:36:65:D2
Model Anafi
Serial Number PI040416AA8E006370
Software Version 1.6.0
Software Build Date Tue Aug 13 16:32:42 UTC 2019
Hardware Version 3
Debuggable 0
Boot ID 68F75283B95E02F1C875ADB81CE219F8
Board ID
Academy ID 6E60B4ADF97BF455E740844C803A61CE
Last Resource ID 100000840417.MP4
User Storage ID 86BD-1932
User Storage Status ready
Usb Mode mass_storage
Last Update Boot Count 3
Last Update Status FINISHED
Last Update Source Software Version 1.5.6
Last Update Target Software Version 1.6.0

Flying State landed
Controller Name
Controller Type
Controller Address
PCB Serial Number AF8EMRJIFF
Smart Battery Date 03/06/2019
Smart Battery GFW Version 26100020001900038502
Smart Battery Serial Number B8E008297
Smart Battery USB Version 0.10
Smart Battery Software Version 1.0.9.0

If you notice Anafi #2 shows the last firmware and Anafi #1 does not. Another mystery ?

how many flights have you had with the beta firmware? , I have not had a chance to get out do any flying at all since I updated the firmware...

I was about to say " At last! Now you can manually set the white balance!" but then noticed that the new version of the firmware white balance can only be set to "Auto" if you have enabled HDR.
In previous versions, HDR activation did not block WB selection.
Now I have to choose either HDR or the correct image color.
This is completely wrong.

I have been reading on the Anafi user Facebook page and they are reporting that they can only use hand launch their drone, as it won't take off from the ground... others have said to re-connect the controller and then do a calibration of the SC3 and drone to rectify this anomaly.... not 100% sure that this is indeed a bug in the software or just down to pilot error.... :unsure:

I have been reading on the Anafi user Facebook page and they are reporting that they can only use hand launch their drone, as it won't take off from the ground... others have said to re-connect the controller and then do a calibration of the SC3 and drone to rectify this anomaly.... not 100% sure that this is indeed a bug in the software or just down to pilot error.... :unsure:

No it is not pilot error. I have done all resets and calibrations and nothing fixes the no take off from ground problem with my first Anafi that took the Software Version 1.6.1-rc2. This is a bug in the firmware. You would not see others posting about the same problem if it was pilot error.
My 2nd Anafi takes off just fine with the same controller but it has software Version 1.6.0
Waiting on the next firmware update to hopefully fix the problem.

No it is not pilot error. I have done all resets and calibrations and nothing fixes the no take off from ground problem with my first Anafi that took the Software Version 1.6.1-rc2. This is a bug in the firmware. You would not see others posting about the same problem if it was pilot error.
My 2nd Anafi takes off just fine with the same controller but it has software Version 1.6.0
Waiting on the next firmware update to hopefully fix the problem.

at least I know now before I test it out for the first time.... bit of a bummer though.....

Has anyone had the opportunity to talk to Parrot support about this? given that it is they who released this firmware to the public.

The downside, is that we may loose the unrestricted ceiling height, but to be honest it wouldn't make much difference to me as I generally stay VLOS.

that said, one of my friends on another forum, did the update on their Anafi last night, and had no issues with take-off and flew up 1000m

Has anyone had the opportunity to talk to Parrot support about this? given that it is they who released this firmware to the public.

The downside, is that we may loose the unrestricted ceiling height, but to be honest it wouldn't make much difference to me as I generally stay VLOS.

that said, one of my friends on another forum, did the update on their Anafi last night, and had no issues with take-off and flew up 1000m
With my anafi no problem with takeoff with 1.61rc2 tested indoor without gps and outdoor 2 batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcar